1 2
#16September 26th, 2008 · 12:08 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
i agree Iz  mustaine is a fantastic guitar player/writer.   Marino named one of my two favs in metal and named the band of the other one... Dimebag (met him , knew him, have a amp he used to own...yeah) and Alex Skolnick (testament).. you want to hear someone tear up the guitar listen to Alex. he also plays in a fairly well known Jazz band.  knows his music and can freaking play.

now to the thread.. I like some metallica..  I think they have great production and awsome timing skills. expecially Hetfield.. I am amazed at the complicated rhythms he plays while singing, not easy  to do. (Sad But True..try to play his guitar part and sing the chorus together).  Hammets tasty and fits the band very well but in the metal scene he is no where near one of the greats.
#17September 27th, 2008 · 07:40 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Much prefer Nuno Bettencourt to Kirk Hammett in playing style - Bettencourt does the vox too, and is one seriously good guitarist.... but in fairness, I've listened to the latest Metallica album now and it is pretty good stuff.
That said, I'll take Extreme, Iron Maiden, or even Aerosmith over Metallica.  It's just not quite there for me.

Oh, and GuitarWiz... ok so I have heard of them really!!!
#18May 10th, 2009 · 12:48 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
Yeah i agree with all. As the band gets older their music quality is starting to go down. In their early days like And Justice for all, and Master of Puppets they were exceptionally good. And don't get me wrong, new metallica isn't bad, but at the same time it isn't better than classic metallica.
#19June 22nd, 2009 · 09:07 PM
1 threads
5 posts
United States of America
I really used to like all their songs and now theres just a few that i liked i really wish there were more though!
#20June 24th, 2009 · 10:59 AM
24 threads
166 posts
United States of America
wowow!!!
we are having a subject about the greatest artists/bands
and the names...
Bob Marley
Frank Sinatra
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Stevie Wonder
  & we cant forget
KC & The Sunshine band

Jeez, guys... good thing Uncle Sas was here to save the day
and educate you guys
#21June 27th, 2009 · 07:10 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
kc and the sunshine band ?????? 

NO.. not great musically.

We cover that band quite abit.

RHCP very good but not one of the greatest bands imho.. I'll give you Stevie Wonder, Frank Sinatra and Bab Marley as being some great player/performers.
#22December 16th, 2009 · 06:09 AM
1 threads
5 posts
India
mad4muzic
I love to listen Metallica..they are really a good band. I'm a metallica fan, well you can say that but I also love to listen others too...By the way I'm new here, in this forum so this is a request to u all that plz visit my myspace page. I love to be your friend..all of you 
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:47 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.