#1April 15th, 2017 · 10:01 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Key Hunter

This song is not in a battle

Rendition of theme to TV Show Key Hunter 1968/73 Japanese action packed spy drama. Key Hunter was a unique TV show, which started out as a grand scale spy thriller never before seen in Japan. The episodes were individually themed on global crimes and political strife. The initial hardboiled theme later evolved to include intellectual elements involving action, and occasionally with comical elements as well.                                                          Star of series Tetsuro Tamba starred in the 1967 Bond film You Only Live Twice as Japanese Secret Service agent Tiger Tanaka, . This role greatly influenced his image in Key Hunter

I love music from this era : Japanese producers were influenced by  western music styles then took them to a whole new level.
Jeremy put down a live drum track to this to add to authenticity .She is a bit rough around the edges buts thats the charm of the genre.Twang guitars tenor sax organ e.p and synths .

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 16th, 2017 · 06:38 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Definitely has that vibe!  That sax feels really good in the mix every time it shows up.  I didn't know that about Tetsuro going on to further the spy genre after that role, but that mingling of influence is awesome.
#3April 17th, 2017 · 11:51 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Just love that sixties vibe - such fun energy and you have captured it so well in this mix - yeah... live drums... ALRIGHT!
Makes Me Smile
#4April 19th, 2017 · 06:25 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Key Hunter
You have obviously borrowed  Hank Marvin's Plectrum
haha very cool

where are u getting the brass samples?

Love It BABY!!!!!

60's FISH
#5April 19th, 2017 · 07:53 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Hahahah brass samples.... really....cheeky thing. I make them. Formula : orchestral trombones from logic 8 in addition to 80s style synth brass which I prefer over logic's sampled brass ,my trusty  tenor sax , several tracks ocataved doubled & panned which I play in & the ever useful Roland 1080 stab brass which gets close to trumpet highs.Get em all, though 1 buss compress the crap out of it & pop in a horn section reverb plate .
#6April 20th, 2017 · 03:14 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
yokoinc wrote…
Hahahah brass samples.... really....cheeky thing. I make them. Formula : orchestral trombones from logic 8 in addition to 80s style synth brass which I prefer over logic's sampled brass ,my trusty  tenor sax , several tracks ocataved doubled & panned which I play in & the ever useful Roland 1080 stab brass which gets close to trumpet highs.Get em all, though 1 buss compress the crap out of it & pop in a horn section reverb plate .
I've got a Roland JV-1080, same thing I assume - It was so advanced in it's day, 90's I think.  I've used the Brass on some of my tracks too, it's excellent quality. I should shop around and get all the expansion modules. This thing will go up in value in say about 30 years time. The brass fall is superb, have got that sample?
Here's one I used in it - http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/7382.html -
#7April 20th, 2017 · 08:53 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Groovy Baby
this is excellent.  It brings to mind early spy movies.. I immediately thought of  the movie  'In Like Fint"  I see you referenced another show. I'm not familiar with that show but I was a big James Coburn fan of the Flint movies.
#8April 21st, 2017 · 04:44 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Denis wrote…
yokoinc wrote…
I've got a Roland JV-1080, same thing I assume - It was so advanced in it's day, 90's I think.  I've used the Brass on some of my tracks too, it's excellent quality. I should shop around and get all the expansion modules. This thing will go up in value in say about 30 years time. The brass fall is superb, have got that sample?
Here's one I used in it - http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/7382.html -

WOW JV1080 .... one of the major bones of contention in my first marriage!!!! COST SO MUCH!!!
Mine died a long time ago ... or else I would pass it on for spares!!

Divorced Fish!!

Ive started watching those old Hanna Barbera cartoons like Secret Squirrel for inspiration !!

But none yet arrives!!

30 day challenge!!

Fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 8:32 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.