#1April 7th, 2017 · 01:55 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Soulneo
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 6 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2017-04

Something I was working on around a year ago - never got to do a melody or vox. It's not tight as I would have hoped, but it is a real challenging piece to play - need to practice a lot to get it how I would have liked it to sound.
Thought I'd upload it anyway seeing the AMP is up and running again.
I recorded it on my first used MacPro 3.1 using LogicPro DAW and their built in Drum Machine. The Drums need a lot of work, I used this feature on the software that works out a beats/rhythm according to the music. Oh yeah my Mac may be 9 years old, but it has never failed on me, no viruses and it's pretty quick too, having upgraded the HDD to a SSD and 32GB of RAM. I'm never going back to Windows.

I'm not recording anything at the moment, been too busy with looking after my family - We lost Mum in March, she was 87.  She did not suffer thank God. Now looking after my Dad in my spare time, hence my Mum did everything, that being of old fashioned Turkish Values.

Nice to see the AMP ALIVE again  I honestly thought it was just matter of time when Mud was going to pull the plug.

Bless your all.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 7th, 2017 · 04:15 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
soulneo
Hi Dennis

Great rhythm section workout
Good Production as ever! Straight in my face!

Mac with SSD ___ COOL

So sad to hear of you recently losing your Mum.
Sue and I wish you and all your family our condolences and prayers

SwordFish
#3April 7th, 2017 · 04:38 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The quote function is not working BTW - just wanted to thank swordie - I'll try to PM him
#4April 7th, 2017 · 05:40 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Bass line feels great.  The rhythm in the middle made the think at first it was playing with an uncommon time signature, which had me paying extra attention to the composition!  By the end when it goes to the smooth ending, it felt like a great transition.

Condolences to the family.  Glad to hear things from the ampers despite times like those.
#5April 8th, 2017 · 12:10 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TonightsLastSong wrote…
Bass line feels great.  The rhythm in the middle made the think at first it was playing with an uncommon time signature, which had me paying extra attention to the composition!  By the end when it goes to the smooth ending, it felt like a great transition.

Condolences to the family.  Glad to hear things from the ampers despite times like those.
Thanks.  Yeah The Bass is the only thing I'm happy with at the moment. It sort of goes from Funk to Latin Jazz, but the time signature is still 4/4
#6April 9th, 2017 · 05:04 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Voted ... but it needs a comment to register?
Sorry to hear of your loss Denis, time is a merciless thing, gets to us all eventually.
As you say she did not suffer and that is the most important thing.

Love the rambling Jazziness .... maybe a functioning bandAmp will give the necessary incentive to get into it again
Did you get your music man cave sorted out?
#7April 9th, 2017 · 05:53 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Voted ... but it needs a comment to register?
Sorry to hear of your loss Denis, time is a merciless thing, gets to us all eventually.
As you say she did not suffer and that is the most important thing.

Love the rambling Jazziness .... maybe a functioning bandAmp will give the necessary incentive to get into it again
Did you get your music man cave sorted out?
Thanks kings. I'm too busy with family to really get back into it the way I'd like to. I don't do things by halves, it's all or nothing. Duty calls at the moment. I'm sure in time I'll be able to devote the necessary time to produce music I would be proud of. My two precious daughters aged 25 and 26 respectively are still living at home. When one of them moves out I'll set up my man cave. I also plan to move when I retire to the coast - that's about 9 years away, not that long really. I'm sure being out of mad London to somewhere tranquil and less hectic will influence my creativity.
Great that the AMP is resurrected - Happy Days!
#8April 10th, 2017 · 05:06 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice!!
Very crisp Denis!! Loving the chord changes!!...That bass sounds real good, almost getting a latin vibe on what sounds like a chorus part!!Superb my friend!
#9April 10th, 2017 · 06:21 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Nice!!
Marino wrote…
Very crisp Denis!! Loving the chord changes!!...That bass sounds real good, almost getting a latin vibe on what sounds like a chorus part!!Superb my friend!
You're too kind. It's not to my normal standard of playing and production, but the foundation is there to make it something special. I hope to be able to get into regular practice when the time is right. I hope life is treating you well. Great to see you are finding time to visit the AMP. The AMP has a special place in my heart. I've had some of the most pleasing moments in my life with truly wonderful people here on the AMP. There are many special people here and you are one of them.
#10April 10th, 2017 · 06:31 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
re: re: Nice!!
Denis wrote…
Marino wrote…
You're too kind. It's not to my normal standard of playing and production, but the foundation is there to make it something special. I hope to be able to get into regular practice when the time is right. I hope life is treating you well. Great to see you are finding time to visit the AMP. The AMP has a special place in my heart. I've had some of the most pleasing moments in my life with truly wonderful people here on the AMP. There are many special people here and you are one of them.

Yes...Indeed!!! I have had many a good times and friends here...I am truly grateful to this site and those who provide it for us!! Many good friends...many good times and of course sad ones as well...but yes truly wonderful folks!
#11April 11th, 2017 · 01:46 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I posted to this once. but it's gone.. I love this, the chord progressions are excellent. well thought out, and really makes a great song.  production is very good. Love the funky groovin bass lines. 

Sorry about your troubles, hopefully you'll get a bit of relief to bring us some more excellent music.
#12April 11th, 2017 · 02:32 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…
I posted to this once. but it's gone.. I love this, the chord progressions are excellent. well thought out, and really makes a great song.  production is very good. Love the funky groovin bass lines. 

Sorry about your troubles, hopefully you'll get a bit of relief to bring us some more excellent music.
Thanks TG. I'm glad you noticed the chord progression in the first part. One of the things I like to create is a unique chord progression. This one I built up slowly and also the phrasing at the end of it. Playing lead and rhythm is one thing I have been trying to master, I actually played the rhythm with my fingers, something I'm not used too, but has a much nicer feel when it's played right. My timing is off in places and this piece needs to be as tight as a Rats Ass.... LoL
#13April 15th, 2017 · 09:38 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Love the groove very cool and the guitar sounds great imho just needs bit of occasional tightening up with kik. Lots of nice changes very mood piece sugoi
#14April 16th, 2017 · 04:52 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
yokoinc wrote…
Love the groove very cool and the guitar sounds great imho just needs bit of occasional tightening up with kik. Lots of nice changes very mood piece sugoi :)
Thanks for your kind chosen words. It'll be interesting to hear if I change just the Kick Drum - I didn't think of that, being the Kick is so dominant. I steel feel there is something missing in this mix, it could simply be more energy lol. I'm not sure if I have enough.. haha
#15April 27th, 2017 · 05:21 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Hey Denis,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Good to hear that your focus is in the right place, caring for the family. Well done. On a brighter note, this track sounds fantastic! I really love it. Reminds me of Mark Knopfler style. Take care sir!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 12:23 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.