1 2
#16May 2nd, 2015 · 05:28 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
grainshifter wrote…
medieval-celtic indeed!i hear in the background a flute and some strings..in my mind.maybe for you to add ??
nice one ;)
Yes I thought about flute, but not as a background, rather vary the lead instrument.  I have a flute, haven't played it for a long time now, it wouldn't sound good enough, unless I practiced for a month or so.
I settled for the basics to test my ability - it's by no means a perfect performance, but it sure makes you aware of where you are going wrong so that you can improve or rectify any issues.
I'm back to practising daily now, and I'm slowly getting back to where I want to be in terms of my own ability.  It's amazing really, you can never stop improving as a musician, there really is no limit. I was taken back somewhat after trying to get back in to it after an absence of not practicing regularly.  I hope to be creating some new songs soon, I sure miss the buzz of putting your own creation together from start to finish.
#17June 9th, 2015 · 01:46 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
8 posts
United States of America
Love this piece, well done.  I would think you'd find some interest in this for a movie or television show.  The long break around 2:25 could easily play into another song if you wanted it to.  Might be tricky with an audience, they'll think it is over before it is.
#18June 9th, 2015 · 02:47 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
bnelly wrote…
Love this piece, well done.  I would think you'd find some interest in this for a movie or television show.  The long break around 2:25 could easily play into another song if you wanted it to.  Might be tricky with an audience, they'll think it is over before it is.
The section at 2.25 was indeed another composition I was working on - I had a flash of inspiration to try and add it to the song and it worked.  I'm always looking for new sounds from the guitar, this was an interesting yet challenging piece, all the more to keep me motivated to better myself and add versatility to my playing.  It's all for fun and no more.
Thank you for your comments
#19January 1st, 2016 · 06:20 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Revisiting this one Denis, maybe stimulated by recent results of my immediate family having DNA analysed & coming up with 50% Celt Scotland, 40% French & 10 % Scandinavian. Nice to know where we came from . BTW vey relaxing to listen while typing and am struck by beautiful clarity of this recording , those guitars just chime like blazes . Love it
#20January 2nd, 2016 · 06:02 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
yokoinc wrote…
Revisiting this one Denis, maybe stimulated by recent results of my immediate family having DNA analysed & coming up with 50% Celt Scotland, 40% French & 10 % Scandinavian. Nice to know where we came from . BTW vey relaxing to listen while typing and am struck by beautiful clarity of this recording , those guitars just chime like blazes . Love it :)
Ogh I the noo.... Glad you like it.
#21April 8th, 2016 · 10:58 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Makes me want to dance with a Celtic wench. Sounds real good. tight playing, very nice guitar tones. I see red headed women dancing around without using their arms. lol
#22April 9th, 2016 · 06:22 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…
Makes me want to dance with a Celtic wench. Sounds real good. tight playing, very nice guitar tones. I see red headed women dancing around without using their arms. lol
lol, that is some imagination you have.
#23April 13th, 2016 · 09:18 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
United States of America
This sounds definitely medieval, i like it. good job here, were you playing all those instruments?
#24April 14th, 2016 · 02:21 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ESPA wrote…
This sounds definitely medieval, i like it. good job here, were you playing all those instruments?
Yep, me, two tracks. Thanks
#25April 28th, 2016 · 08:49 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
This is such a moving and transporting piece...Denis you are a master..!.
#26June 16th, 2016 · 07:19 AM
3 posts
United States of America
Denis, I love, love, love this.

I sent you a message about potentially collabing on a piece that I uploaded on here (you worked on one with me ages ago).

Mine is an absolutely dreadful recording but all I wanted viewers to hear are the lyrics and the general tune.

Please consider working on that piece or if you are not interested in that one I can certainly write another!

Best,

Dan
#27June 16th, 2016 · 01:24 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Zidell wrote…

I sent you a message about potentially collabing on a piece that I uploaded on here (you worked on one with me ages ago).

Mine is an absolutely dreadful recording but all I wanted viewers to hear are the lyrics and the general tune.

Please consider working on that piece or if you are not interested in that one I can certainly write another!

Best,

Dan
Got your pm, replied, but not sure if it went through OK - there are many probs on the AMP at the moment
#28June 16th, 2016 · 01:25 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Denis wrote…
Zidell wrote…

Best,

Dan
Got your pm, replied, but not sure if it went through OK - there are many probs on the AMP at the moment
Go to my home page for other ways to contact me
#29June 16th, 2016 · 02:39 PM
11 threads / 5 songs
56 posts
United States of America
Managed to recover my account--I emailed you & added you on Skype!
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:59 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.