#1March 30th, 2013 · 06:37 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Take it Easy - COVER

This song is not in a battle

I Love singing this song - I've done a video too - my first attempt at multi-cameras in one take - The sync is out on some clips, still learning...
http://forum.bandamp.com/Video_Review/42432.html

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 30th, 2013 · 11:19 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Just saw the video. Loved it. Fantastically brilliant job on the video and fantastically brilliant job on this cover.

Professional work alright
#3January 7th, 2016 · 04:49 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TheKunadiun wrote…
Just saw the video. Loved it. Fantastically brilliant job on the video and fantastically brilliant job on this cover.

Professional work alright :D
I've always liked singing and playing Eagles songs as they suite my style and feel of playing. The videos are improving through learning by mistakes, but are nowhere pro.
I'm going through a very long period of not recording or videoing anything. I think it's because I reached my peak and felt there was nothing else to aim for. I suspect in time something will trigger me to start on new stuff, meanwhile I still play my acoustic guitar a few hours a week, you have practice regular if you want to maintain the standard of playing you are at.
Hope all is well and life is treating you good.
#4January 7th, 2016 · 06:34 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
You really have hit a wide range of sounds and rhythms in your uploads, and you've shown talent while working within the rules or styles of each one.  As someone with little raw talent or technical skill, I've always admired what your stuff.  May you find future inspiration, and hopefully enjoy the interlude until that time comes!
#5January 8th, 2016 · 07:29 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TonightsLastSong wrote…
You really have hit a wide range of sounds and rhythms in your uploads, and you've shown talent while working within the rules or styles of each one.  As someone with little raw talent or technical skill, I've always admired what your stuff.  May you find future inspiration, and hopefully enjoy the interlude until that time comes!
Not sure you meant to say 'little raw talent'....lol and technically I think I'm above avarage?
#6January 8th, 2016 · 02:14 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Oh no!  Sorry, I meant to describe myself there.  That's an embarrassing ambiguity   
#7January 8th, 2016 · 03:06 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TonightsLastSong wrote…
Oh no!  Sorry, I meant to describe myself there.  That's an embarrassing ambiguity    :dead:
lol..... it did not occur to me at first, but now it makes total sense. Thanks for taking the time to review my stuff.  Incidentally,  I did produce a few other music videos after this one using both multi-cams and green screen and improved from each one. After that I got bored and did not do anymore, but hey I was happy with the result based on the equipment and software I was using - it's all for a bit of fun
#8January 9th, 2016 · 12:40 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
The song in particular always makes me think fondly of visiting venues my uncle will sometimes still play at.  This song and John Mayer's Gravity are their signature covers.  Nice outdoor patios, sun going down, desert breeze, and a guitar playing nice tunes like these.

I do admire your single-take recordings, and the voice comes through in this one so well.  I can't manage to play and sing at the same time very well.  One or the other suffers too much for me to feel good about it.

Do you any editing/quantizing when you layer?  Simpler examples like this, or the impressive Celtic Rangers performance, I can't help but feel like I'd make a hot mess of it and need to flex-rhythm the shit out of it in Logic Pro.
#9January 9th, 2016 · 08:02 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TonightsLastSong wrote…
The song in particular always makes me think fondly of visiting venues my uncle will sometimes still play at.  This song and John Mayer's Gravity are their signature covers.  Nice outdoor patios, sun going down, desert breeze, and a guitar playing nice tunes like these.

I do admire your single-take recordings, and the voice comes through in this one so well.  I can't manage to play and sing at the same time very well.  One or the other suffers too much for me to feel good about it.

Do you any editing/quantizing when you layer?  Simpler examples like this, or the impressive Celtic Rangers performance, I can't help but feel like I'd make a hot mess of it and need to flex-rhythm the shit out of it in Logic Pro.
I'm a purist at heart and do a little editing as possible of any audio recordings. I use decent software for reverb and compression, used sparingly.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 12:03 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.