#1October 27th, 2012 · 07:26 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
Listening to Nujabes

This song is not in a battle

Inspired by Nujabes (uploaded newer version)

http://soundcloud.com/jiexian/listening-to-nujabes

I had this riff for a few weeks (the first one) and I had an idea after rediscovering Nujabes

I just started on it yesterday so I'm still ready to put in more stuff, make a better progression etc.

My first song with synths

Edit: just showed it to my sister and another guy and I should change some stuff: lower the kick drum volume, make a better transition to the beginning and less woodblock sounds and make it more in time

Edit2 : smoothened the transition and cleaned up the synchopated woodblock, going to put it on hold before making a proper v2 because I'm having exams
Still need to add in a variation on the piano on the 2nd time and make the claps sound better. And milk more from the B section, going to make it more dramatic

I have a newfound respect for all beatmakers and I'm going through futuresex/lovesounds from a totally different perspective :O, and other songs like In The Fog-Azure Ray or

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 27th, 2012 · 11:20 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Not bad for your first attempt - Nice soothing piece.
Other than adjusting the levels in the mix, I'd work on adding melody, the Acoustic guitar would be nice - Were you planning on doing so?
#3October 27th, 2012 · 11:50 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
I was hearing some distortion electric guitar in my head which comes out towards the final parts but I totally forgot about it until you mentioned it.

Haha I guess it was was pleased with it. I've been thinking about making simple variations on the piano during the 2nd verse.

I'd probably need to add more parts to suit the lead guitar though.
#4October 27th, 2012 · 02:20 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
JieXian wrote…
I was hearing some distortion electric guitar in my head which comes out towards the final parts but I totally forgot about it until you mentioned it.

Haha I guess it was was pleased with it. I've been thinking about making simple variations on the piano during the 2nd verse.

I'd probably need to add more parts to suit the lead guitar though.
With me the melody pops right into my head after hearing the rhythm section, it works for me.  Recently I've been experimenting with creating the melody first, it's interesting, the melodies are certainly more tidy and flowing, but the rhythm section can be tricky to build after. Horses for courses.
#5October 28th, 2012 · 01:41 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
actually I do do it both ways, though I start less often from the melody.

For example http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8606.html  confessioni and
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8675.html    last reunion started from melodies

I heard it used to help in the progression, though adding the lead for the entire song would definitely be an option too.
#6October 28th, 2012 · 05:55 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Hi JieXian
Lovely chilled and exotic ambience in this piece layering and texture and elements of smooth flow.Lends itself well to journeys of the imagination nice use of those synth strings with drops back to guitar and piano melody . Really enjoying thanks for sharing .

cheers
greg
yokoinc 
#7October 29th, 2012 · 10:41 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
re: Hi JieXian
yokoinc wrote…
Lovely chilled and exotic ambience in this piece layering and texture and elements of smooth flow.Lends itself well to journeys of the imagination nice use of those synth strings with drops back to guitar and piano melody . Really enjoying thanks for sharing .

cheers
greg
yokoinc  ;)

Thanks

I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have, I'm sure you have some ideas based on listening to your work.

I might steal some rhythm ideas from you too haha
#8October 30th, 2012 · 03:22 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany

Very ambient feeling, very soothing and relaxing.
One can close the eyes, dream and forget the world outside.

No suggestions for improvement.
#9October 31st, 2012 · 10:48 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
ULI wrote…

Very ambient feeling, very soothing and relaxing.
One can close the eyes, dream and forget the world outside.

No suggestions for improvement.

I still have a few ideas but I need to study for now...

Denis I'm leaning against adding a lead guitar atm since I probably forgot about it because I didn't feel the need for it. Maybe it's a sign to keep it simple
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 1:55 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.