#1August 25th, 2012 · 06:19 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Get Up And Go (Acoustic)

This song is not in a battle

Hey guys, another song from our acoustic EP! We're re-recorindg the lead guitar in this track tomorrow and some of the 2nd vocalist parts but just thought I'd post it here so that you guys can have a listen and tell me what you think .

Some of you may remember me posting a rough recording of this on the day that we wrote it... here's a better recording. We DO play it as a full band now, but you'll have to wait until our full band EP is recorded before you hear that .

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 26th, 2012 · 03:49 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Better vocal  than your previous song posted- you sound more relaxed.

Nice song, would like to hear just a little reverb to add dynamics, sounds too dry. The lead guitar and backing vox need panning a little more wider so that they fit in-between the lead vox and rhythm guitar. Check out this mixing chart I posted up recently
http://forum.bandamp.com/Recording/40105.html
#3August 26th, 2012 · 06:18 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Did you ever try this? If you take away the music from your track and you only listen to the vocals, you (or better I or any other listener) should be able to recognize the song.
What comes out of your mind is really really fantastic and I love your ideas but I am not sure that your voice is THE voice for such experimentals.
But (!) your performance in singing is unique and origin and it has a high recall value!

Good work and keep it up!
#4August 27th, 2012 · 02:17 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Yes, itīs a good composition, but needs a bit polishing by EQing, vox needs some reverb .
I like the parts where you doubled the vox.
Keep on it.....

U.L.I.
#5August 31st, 2012 · 03:13 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks guys!

Triton - you were definitely on about my voice right? Because our backing vocalist shares a bit of lead in this one too? I sing the first line. Just wanna be sure!! Thanks though, been working a lot on my voice... definitely still got more to go!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 6:51 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.