United Kingdom
Mix Chart
I experimented with this theory on a recent upload 'Work Song'
The idea is that you have three categories

1. EQ
2. Panning
3. The depth of the sound based on reverb/room dynamics

This image was copied from an email I received from www.mix.lessons.com

You could really get creative with it creating the illusion of where the music is coming from. Ultimately it gives each track it's own placement in the mix, meaning you can hear everything clearly. I'd like to play around with the reverb on a track creating the illusion it's either coming at you or running away...lol

I've always used the same amount of reverb on tracks, but now this has opened up a new field, literally....
#2August 12th, 2012 · 01:22 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Denis I saw that video you posted about mixlessons and I was super impressed and went to the website and watched their videos on youtube and subcribed to his mailing list thing to get all the extra videos and I love it SO much! I've learned a ton about mixing so I'm super excited to try these techniques out just like you say so yeah. I just got my very first 'phantom-powered' mic so hopefully it'll sound awesome and then with these mixing stuffs I hope it'll be sweet so I'm very excited to try it all out!
#3August 12th, 2012 · 05:26 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TheKunadiun wrote…
Denis I saw that video you posted about mixlessons and I was super impressed and went to the website and watched their videos on youtube and subcribed to his mailing list thing to get all the extra videos and I love it SO much! I've learned a ton about mixing so I'm super excited to try these techniques out just like you say so yeah. I just got my very first 'phantom-powered' mic so hopefully it'll sound awesome and then with these mixing stuffs I hope it'll be sweet so I'm very excited to try it all out! :D
The first couple of vids are free, but non-the less great information - it's amazing what new things you can learn,
in the last of the free Vids you see Dezz fine tuning a mix and explains very well what he is doing.  The course it's self is not cheap, but compared to a college it's cheap.  If you search long enough you can still find free stuff on the net.  Your condenser mic will help, they pic up a broader range of frequencies, but the heart of any recording is your audio interface, because ultimately it produces the sound to record, that together with your individual performance/s, is the foundation to a pro record.  I try and pass on what I learn to others, but I'm a mere enthusiast, the pro's are in a different league, many are just gifted.

Look forward to hearing your music. 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 11:15 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.