#1August 4th, 2012 · 02:46 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Collab_OyeComboWhiteGuy
In collaboration with: MaxdB

This song is not in a battle

This is a VERY funky song by Maxdb that I took a liking to and decided to put my own vocally thing to it ....
The lyric is inspired by Maxs own quote that he's 'just a white boy with a guitar'   ; )
This version is a bit cocky and I could learn how to mix vocals better .... but it's up now and I'll re-do it if someone REALLY wants me to.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 4th, 2012 · 05:00 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Funkey!
I am way too tired to spend much words, but I had to listen a few times: I just love it!

It really makes the song complete in the first place, but your wonderful voice and your experience as musician really add more to it!
Its really well done, build up well, executed well and I love that melody on 'just a white guy, with a guitar' which I think is the chorus.
I actually would like to try and add some higher background vocals on that sentence and maybe some other words, what would you think of that?

Anyway, I am honored by your work and I am quite sure you enjoyed making it as much as I did.

Only reason I would want a redo is that I forgot to make an extended version for you, we'll see about that.
Think you mixed it quite nice ..?
Tnx a lot
#3August 4th, 2012 · 05:29 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
@Max ... It's your funky track dude ... just adding a little 'projection' to it   

If you have an extended version going on some time let me know.
... where to take it?  Another 'white guy with a guitar' solo, on to a chorus or two to end

If it gets it into the 4 / 4.5 minute mark, it could become an interestingly funky story ... not that it isn't already.
Did I enjoy working at it ? I have not worked at it as long as you have ... but yea, considering the time and means that I have I'm loving it too !  
#4August 4th, 2012 · 06:21 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Tja, Max. Was a long journey from the first jolty upload up to this smoothly rolling result.
Kings' words (funny) and mixing is done pretty well.

funky fun-key funky fun-key funky fun-key.........................is the key to fun     
#5August 4th, 2012 · 06:46 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
couldn't sleep, I am so hearing that harmony vocal, too bad I need to work the coming days.

ULI wrote…
Tja, Max. Was a long journey from the first jolty upload up to this smoothly rolling result.
Kings' words (funny) and mixing is done pretty well.

funky fun-key funky fun-key funky fun-key.........................is the key to fun     8)

And thanks to to you ULI for helping putting me on the right track!
#6August 5th, 2012 · 04:39 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Sounds great - in the next one would like to hear a bit more singing. You no pretty much like how singers and rappers work together.
#7August 5th, 2012 · 06:55 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
I also can imagine female background vocal(s) , but I don't have those around now, maybe some high male voices could work too.
Looking forward to an extended version !
#8August 5th, 2012 · 11:30 PM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
I feel like I'm watching an info-mercial about a bad ass white guy!  LOL!  Love it!
#9August 6th, 2012 · 05:30 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
@UA But you are listening to an info-mercial about a bad ass white guy ... with a guitar LOL
This is salesmanship on a higher level ... it's called selling your soul to the devil or in other words ... selling the world to the people ! 

@Denis ... sort of what I'm trying to do ... but then as a white guy with a guitar !!! lol

@Max ... yes yes yes .... you know a longer version might even be sellable .... it's very funky, exciting and there's something on the edge about it ...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 2:56 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.