#1July 27th, 2012 · 02:24 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
16 posts
Canada
First For Everything V2

This song is not in a battle

I changed a few lyrics, slowed it down a fair bit (never realized how fast I originally played it until I listened to it), added a few background vocals and just made a better recording (or so I thought). Recorded using my computer and a version of Adobe Audition.

Original Thread: http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8873.html

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 27th, 2012 · 03:03 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
I love the vocals during the chorus "You're my first for everything!"  The progress between Capo1 G>D>C>D sounds great with the lyrics/melody, but maybe a bit more various in the chorus would be nice.  I felt throwing in a Em7 into the mix during the chorus on the 2nd measure adds a nice progression: Cadd9>D>G>D - Cadd9>D>Em7>Em7.  I thought playing Cadd9>D>G>G sounded great too   Great job so far, keep it up sir!
#3July 27th, 2012 · 01:08 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Much better recording and performance....You should work with some of the eq and compressor presets on you adobe audition...It will prolly ad a bit more color to the sound...Good show!
#4July 28th, 2012 · 05:10 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
This is much better than the first one. I love that I can hear your voice now!  Great job I can't wait to see what else you'll come up with!
#5July 28th, 2012 · 11:44 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Well done, it's getting better. The recording is clear and crisp.
Already mentioned try playing around with compression and reverb, it does not need much for an acoustic song like this, but it will add some colour to the sound.
Another great little trick to create a stereo field for your acoustic guitar is what's know as the 'haas effect'

#6July 29th, 2012 · 01:55 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Yeah, much better version.
Like mentioned above you could play around with different reverb types, EQ-settings and dynamics.
After a short while you might have found your individual, suiting settings.

U.L.I.
#7July 29th, 2012 · 06:05 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
Well done. It's alot better. There's always room for improvement but it's come a long way since the first recording.
#8July 29th, 2012 · 10:37 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Denis wrote…
Well done, it's getting better. The recording is clear and crisp.
Already mentioned try playing around with compression and reverb, it does not need much for an acoustic song like this, but it will add some colour to the sound.
Another great little trick to create a stereo field for your acoustic guitar is what's know as the 'haas effect'

Denis thanks so much for showing us that youtube vid about the Haas effect. That whole channel has tons of great stuff for mixing and hopefully I think its really going to help me out!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 9:26 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.