#1July 15th, 2012 · 05:35 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
16 posts
Canada
First For Everything

This song is not in a battle

A song about a girl who was my first for everything (IE: First date, girl, etc...), but decided she didn't really want me after all.

The song was recorded using an iPhone so hence why the audio may suck, but it gets the just of it.  I was just playing around so it wasn't a real serious recording session.  Let me know what you think.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 17th, 2012 · 03:50 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Hey, thatīs a nice (love-)song. Good songwriting. Although itīs recorded on a smartphone the sound quality isnīt that bad.
But it seems the git is slightly out of tune.
If you have the possibility you could record it again on your computer and work it out a lil more.

Song got some potential.

U.L.I.
#3July 17th, 2012 · 12:35 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Really enjoyed that .. thank you
A nice song, as ULI suggests do it again with better equipment and get it sounding right.
Thank god for first girlfriends ... what would you do without them .... inspirational aren't they ?
#4July 18th, 2012 · 02:45 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
iPhones are superb, I use mine to get ideas down quick. The guitar sounds in tune to me. The iPhone tends to record an acoustic guitar too bright, but if you position the iPhone above or to the side(lower bout) of the guitar it will record it flatter, giving a nicer tone. Yeah the Vox need to be a bit louder.
Just needs a bit work on the performance in terms of consistency, but it's almost there.
#5July 18th, 2012 · 03:10 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Notting Hill is near. But good
#6July 18th, 2012 · 05:09 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: First For Everything
dnirvine wrote…
A song about a girl who was my first for everything (IE: First date, girl, etc...), but decided she didn't really want me after all.

The song was recorded using an iPhone so hence why the audio may suck, but it gets the just of it.  I was just playing around so it wasn't a real serious recording session.  Let me know what you think.

Phone recording ........... now thats a first ive ever heard of ...
did u stand underneath her balcony and sing ???? portability and all???
she needs to hear this!!!

man she'll love you to death!!!!!
go on play it to her!!!
its a great song

romantic fish 

good luck
#7July 19th, 2012 · 05:54 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
nice song. well written and in essence could be very good. but like others have said, has some issues... do you have the gear to make recordings?
#8July 20th, 2012 · 10:02 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
My thoughts...
Heart felt
Slow it down and give it dynamics from part to part...explanation: Build things up!
Guitar needs to be somewhat under voice and not the other way around for this genre...
Good show and tx for the share!
#9July 27th, 2012 · 12:47 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
16 posts
Canada
Alright, so I've recorded a better version...  I'd like to add it to this thread or do I have to create a new thread?  I changed a few lyrics, slowed it down a fair bit (never realized how fast I originally played it until I listened to it), added a few background vocals and just made a better recording (or so I thought).  Not sure if it would classify as a duplicate or a new mix?

I don't really have any real recording equipment, just my computer, guitar, microphone and Adobe Audition/Soundbooth.
#10July 27th, 2012 · 01:55 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Creative...but GT out of tune and out of time tho...tighten things up,ad some color and you are there!
#11July 27th, 2012 · 02:26 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
16 posts
Canada
You've already commented on this song...  I uploaded the re-done version to a new thread at http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8882.html
#12July 27th, 2012 · 01:09 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
haha...Thats why it souned familiar to me...Sorry about that!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 9:26 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.