1 2

#1July 27th, 2012 · 12:09 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
See You In The Sea

This song is not in a battle

Here's another song from the upcoming EP Across the Ocean.  I really enjoy writing about weather and nature and this song is no different.   The story entails two droplets of water in a rain cloud who are in a terrible storm.  They know they'll be separated, but they hope to be reunited in the sea.  I wrote this in 2009 and did an acoustic and full electronic recording.  When I met Emie, she fell in love with the song and idea that we recorded the song from scratch again with her singing and it came out well.  Once again, we're just bedroom musicians Skyping/Emailing 2-3 times a week to write music together Cheers 

[Lyrics]

"See you in the Sea"

This rain cloud
Holds a billion droplets
Screaming for the ocean again

They time their escape
With a little bit of faith
That their fate lies beyond the sand

When I jump can I hold your hands?
Can we stick together just like we planned?

When I fall, will you fall with me?
Hang on tight... I'll see you in the sea

The storm came
It blew us far away
You went East and I headed West

I know I'm just a droplet
But I'll ride through hurricanes
I'll be brave, but can I ask

Hang on tight... I'll see you in the

Sea... 
You're the wave and I'm the tide
Beneath...
All the stars and the moonlight
Believe...
You and I will be alright

But before we take this dive

Hang on tight... I'll see you in the sea

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 27th, 2012 · 12:53 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
What an abstract idea!! But its brilliant. I love lyrics that deal with the viewpoints of inanimate objects and things like that. So I definitely like that. And the singing and music is surreal, just like the last one. Absolutely brilliant

Definitely 'bitter-sweet' I suppose but rightly so. I love the way you are utilizing the electronic instruments. You can really picture droplets of water. I'm happy you've joined bandamp Rainfall at the end really wrapped it up nicely. Great job
#3July 27th, 2012 · 01:53 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Wow awesome production...I think I hear the water theme of droplets performed by the triplet to 16th note patterns on the underling key sequencing ...Great control of filter envelopes and volume...Much enjoyed the dynamics...Reversed cymbals,volume swells,filters,eq balance and proper mix...I hear some skills here...Prolly wished for I tiny bit more compression on the vox for the sake of intimacy and separation...Although that is subjective to the listener!Good show!!!!!
#4July 27th, 2012 · 02:47 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Thanks for listening Kunadiun and Marino!  I didn't get to use as much word play as I wanted to in this track and it's really "pop" friendly indietronic.  Your comments are too kind and I can't wait to share them with Emie. 

I had a lot of fun with the drum work in this track Marino, especially time-stretching some of the drums and looping/reversing/transposing them a few octaves to create those transition sweeps!  I'm still learning about compression and I can't wait to get it to where it needs to be, hopefully by our next release   Any good reads for EQing and compression you'd recommend?  Cheers!
#5July 27th, 2012 · 01:55 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
How fresh these words are sung to a beautiful tune
I like that distance play with the vocal track at 2:35. It's like the droplet sings from miles of miles away
Crisp and clear record quality. Very very nice!
#6July 29th, 2012 · 02:01 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Journey of raindrops in a cloud ? Nice idea........ Might become the soundtrack of this rainy summer, hehe.
You both work very well together and your production quality ranges on quite a high level.
Very ethereal, very romantic.

5 stars

U.L.I.
#7July 29th, 2012 · 07:13 PM
Hey everyone, It's the other half of Undercover Apple. I have been reading all the comments you have put about our music, and they're all so lovely. Thank you very much!

I have been doing some singing for our new song 'Not a Bargain' today, it's been so fun can't wait to share it on here!

Emieeee
xxx
#8July 29th, 2012 · 10:54 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
awesome.. I love the smooth quality of the vocal recordings.  Production is very good.. The whole ideal of the song is unique,  This is very quality, sellable, music.  My wife would buy this music in a heart beat.  I have a hard time parting with the money .. I really like this song.  You have something special going on here.
#9July 30th, 2012 · 02:50 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
UndercoverAppleEmie wrote…
Hey everyone, It's the other half of Undercover Apple. I have been reading all the comments you have put about our music, and they're all so lovely. Thank you very much!

I have been doing some singing for our new song 'Not a Bargain' today, it's been so fun can't wait to share it on here!

Emieeee
xxx

Yay you got an account on Bandamp!! Welcome! Your singing is beautiful and I can't wait to hear what else you guys will come up with
#10July 30th, 2012 · 08:50 AM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
wow
Beautiful work really on the money transporter material .Essence of your vocal is very etherial magical and emotional and dare I say yes yes commercial .Top notch presentation all around sublime Undercoverapple.So glad to have found you on Bandamp.
#11July 30th, 2012 · 02:13 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
There's not much I can say except to compliment you guys. This is only the second song I've heard from you and I'm a wee bit blown away to be honest. It is commercial yes (not something I'd personally go out and buy but certainly does have an audience), but the technical ability, prowess and almost virtuosity displayed by both of you is plain to see. The level of musicianship is way above anything I'm capable of at the minute and so I couldn't suggest anything to make it better.

I would say that I'd like to hear more of what Emie might be capable of with her vocals, where she could maybe take it up the register a bit and really 'let it out'... maybe in a sort of vocal crescendo section (not necessarily in this song tho). I'd also like to hear something more intimate, a little less produced and synth based but I'm sure I saw mention of some accoustic work so I'll watch that space...

Well done

Ian
#12July 31st, 2012 · 06:35 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
That was delicious ... a lot of sea noise going on which does make it a popular radio song .... around here anyway, this would go down well.

If you (or someone) would re mix this with a big club/house/techno beat I'm sure you could offer it up for radio play.

An idea: Could you not bring in a male 'rap' vocal section .... not rap in the African American sense but rap in the 'male spoken word' sense. I do think that if radio play/popularity/world domination is your goal then such a section would strengthen your case.
#13August 1st, 2012 · 08:27 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
great production
Not my kind of music at all but I can really see the appeal and I know my children will really get what you do
you're a great addition to bandamp
#14August 2nd, 2012 · 02:26 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
I cant enjoy the style, but I can enjoy the production and performance quality very much!
lovely voice! great sphere!
#15August 5th, 2012 · 09:40 AM
12 threads / 10 songs
65 posts
Germany
Great job
Performance and production are great. I think I agree with Marino in that the vocals could be more present. The wide reverb causes them to seem etheral which is probably desired, but also distant which might not be. Just a tad more compression to set them out from the rest of the song.

It's not my genre, but you guys sound great, especially when you consider it's the result of a long range collaborative effort.

I can only speak for myself,  but I think we would like to hear Emie do a nice simple ballad? Perhaps with just a clean grand piano?

Keep it up!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 2:50 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.