#1May 14th, 2012 · 03:03 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Addicted To You (New) v2

This song is not in a battle

New version of 'Addicted To You', original is here:

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8619.html

Original version was solo, we now play the song in my band and here's our recording of it. It's still in the mixing kind of stage so if you can think of any improvements to the mix then let us know!

Thanks for listening, I always really appreciate the reviews I get on here!

Updated mix from:
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8824.html

Will delete that thread that included a comment from Denis, I'll post it here because I hate deletin posts when people have spent time writing a review!

Denis:

"Sounds pretty good Peter
I would say that it's a good foundation to build on.
Next you need to fine tune the song.
Work on dynamics, it's a bit samy now.
Would like to hear more lead guitar in the vocal spaces.
The rhythm guitar tone is a little OTT on the compression, backing it off will give it more feel.
Do any of the othe band members sing, could add some harmony or even unison group vocals in some parts.
Your vox sound great ;)"

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 14th, 2012 · 04:39 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Haha I remember so well when you had uploaded your first tracks, really cool to witness the road that leads up to here. You do realize that this quality is pretty damn good?

Hope you're having a lot of fun playing, make the most of it! Hope you guys will be getting some places.

Song/style wise this should certainly appeal to the youngsters, it has energy and drive n stuff. Yeah I am not going to comment on the mix, maybe the it's the mp3 quality but I can indeed hear stuff not right, but it seems the instrumental balance is OK. Just gotta let your ears do their work. Cheers.
#3May 14th, 2012 · 08:31 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Haha thanks Puppet! I think I started out with that keyboard one as a bit of a joke? Then I moved on to some more serious instrumental stuff, then I decided that I wanted to write proper songs, then I joined a band and we have this kind of stuff!

I'm loving being in a band! It's really fun playing live too! And I play bass too which is fun . It's awesome to work with some talented musicians to collaborate on songs together too!

The mix could do with some work I guess, our guitarist is doing the mixing and he's still learning, he'll improve with time I think .

Thanks again!
#4May 15th, 2012 · 10:44 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Thatīs quite a good composition, guys. Very good constructed, good dramarurgy.
The mix sounds not bad  But  cymbals are a bit loud / trebly. Bass could be raised up a tiny bit (0,5-1 dB). Voice a bit lower.
And, yes, vox needs layers in parts. You can do it by yourself when the chaps canīt or wonīt sing.  Many singers do layerings / harmonies with their own voice (no backing choir). Thatīs something to experiment with. Itīs a very important producing technique. Try it out!!
And  : take time for your mixing / mastering job. Do lots of rehearsals. Play it on different medias : Car-hifi, mp3-player /smart phone, dvd-player via TV, small PC-speakers, high-quality (hi-end) hifi-system etc.
This is a good method to find a decent compromise and a balanced result.

U.L.I.
#5May 15th, 2012 · 12:07 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
just had a few listenings while surfin, real nice song, vocal lines to be remembered, nice gtr work etc.
get that mix right bro! more balls to it, get those crashes back with some compression or gain riding pls, and double the vox to a bigger stereosound or something, i want it clear. :p
did you ever tried to play it a little bit faster? i am curious!
great song, great band, have fun!
#6May 30th, 2012 · 05:20 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reviews guys!

ULI wrote…
Thatīs quite a good composition, guys. Very good constructed, good dramarurgy.
The mix sounds not bad  But  cymbals are a bit loud / trebly. Bass could be raised up a tiny bit (0,5-1 dB). Voice a bit lower.
And, yes, vox needs layers in parts. You can do it by yourself when the chaps canīt or wonīt sing.  Many singers do layerings / harmonies with their own voice (no backing choir). Thatīs something to experiment with. Itīs a very important producing technique. Try it out!!
And  : take time for your mixing / mastering job. Do lots of rehearsals. Play it on different medias : Car-hifi, mp3-player /smart phone, dvd-player via TV, small PC-speakers, high-quality (hi-end) hifi-system etc.
This is a good method to find a decent compromise and a balanced result.

U.L.I.

Thanks! I'll pass on your mixing advice. We've been trying to get some harmonies, hope to nail them when we record again! And nice tip about playing the song on different speakers, that's a great idea.

MaxdB wrote…
just had a few listenings while surfin, real nice song, vocal lines to be remembered, nice gtr work etc.
get that mix right bro! more balls to it, get those crashes back with some compression or gain riding pls, and double the vox to a bigger stereosound or something, i want it clear. :p
did you ever tried to play it a little bit faster? i am curious!
great song, great band, have fun!

Thanks! Will pass on your mixing advice. And yeah, we have played it faster before, we usually end up playing it a little too fast in rehearsals. If we go much faster than this though, the vocals are hard to sing and sound a bit unusual. Although the tempo is quite slow, the lyrics move quite fast!

Thanks again
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 4:12 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.