had to use and abuse the pitch corrector :P
just for fun and learning.
hope u have as much fun listening as i had making it

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 10th, 2012 · 03:29 PM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
Haha, love the harmonies in the voice! You singing is pretty good, but then again you cheated a little..
#3May 10th, 2012 · 04:39 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Did you use Cubase own pitch corrector?
You used it well, I can't tell where you used it.
Would have liked the vocals just a little more dominant in the mix.

Yeah fun times is what it's all a out.

Nice job
#4May 12th, 2012 · 09:11 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I love this song! Your version is sincere, your vocals have a bit of soul in them. That guitar tone is particularly nice (clear, articulate with a bit of "crunch" in it - your doing nice work with those arpeggiated chords here, too!).  Nice work!
#5May 12th, 2012 · 04:45 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
tnx for listening guys, and Jupiler, i cheated very very much, since i am a very very bad singer :p

Denis, as always i am a bit shy with mixing my voice, point taken. I did use the standard  pitch corrector as an insert, but most of the work i did in the wave editor and is called 'Vari Audio', its an amazing piece ! i found some info here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSFEyB0hhao]

and Mr. Battlecat.., tnx so much, soul is all i got
and I still love that strat which i played this part with, in one take after some practice, all on one day,
so its far from perfect, but it seems to work...

i did a little rework with some more 'Cher' effect in the vox and different harmonies somewhere:
I want to redo the guitar, maybe add a little thingie, might upload it again then.

Max
#6May 13th, 2012 · 10:47 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Unluckily I never liked neither L. Cohen nor this song. But somehow you hauled out the song from its gloomy mood . Iīm visualizing a milk bar in the 50s when I listen to.

Yes, in some parts one can hear the pitch shifts. But one has to listen concentrated, focused. How about a new artist name : CherdB
For a non-singer you delivered a nice job here, especially on the vox harmonies / layers. And you did a good mixing job overall the song.
Perhaps a lil git solo would have been nice in the middle of the song.................. let ya beauties sing

U.L.I.
#7May 13th, 2012 · 01:19 PM
1 threads
73 posts
United States of America
Have to agree -- you have an "oh well, I'm going to have a good time anyway" feel to your voice, with soul woven in, that lifts this song compared to L. Cohen's stark original.  I enjoy both.  And I also hear a 50s touch.  While you say you cheated a lot, I'm glad the pitch corrector exists, otherwise you wouldn't let us enjoy your voice!
#8May 14th, 2012 · 04:47 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Heh - good ol Leonard Cohen! I recently watched a compilation of his 2011 live tour - amazing atmosphere from that ol' jew!

And nice background singers too... hehhee

Well, as for your version - neat that you did it, and it doesn't matter much at all that you don't have a golden voice. Coz being a crappy singer with the right intent makes it worth all the while.

I really enjoy your version!
#9May 15th, 2012 · 04:20 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Happy birthday first

I liked this version as well as somebody said above - neat harmonies Excellent idea.
I think that with some practicing to push the notes and your voice on the chorus it will come out even better.

The version of this song, I best like is done by a female singer - her first name is Kate and can't remember the family - I might have watched here somewhere online?
I think the song is much better suited to a female voice. Sounded better than the original.
#10May 16th, 2012 · 06:45 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
ULI wrote…
Unluckily I never liked neither L. Cohen nor this song. But somehow you hauled out the song from its gloomy mood . Iīm visualizing a milk bar in the 50s when I listen to.

Yes, in some parts one can hear the pitch shifts. But one has to listen concentrated, focused. How about a new artist name : CherdB
For a non-singer you delivered a nice job here, especially on the vox harmonies / layers. And you did a good mixing job overall the song.
Perhaps a lil git solo would have been nice in the middle of the song.................. let ya beauties sing

U.L.I.

lol ULI, I never was fond of the song either, Jeff Buckley's version was the first I heard, I just heard the dutch version from Jan Rot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aqRo1Jh01s
and started to like it more, then I just started without thinking why
tnx for comps on vox, I just ain't too proud on it this way (heavily pitch-corrected)
Great idea to do a solo, I am workin on that, but its hard for me with all those chords  :p

CdeT wrote…
Have to agree -- you have an "oh well, I'm going to have a good time anyway" feel to your voice, with soul woven in, that lifts this song compared to L. Cohen's stark original.  I enjoy both.  And I also hear a 50s touch.  While you say you cheated a lot, I'm glad the pitch corrector exists, otherwise you wouldn't let us enjoy your voice!

CdeT ty for your positive words, and I did have a good time yes
I dont see the 50's link, (nore a milk bar ULI) I never listened much to it i guess, only thing I can think of is Louis Armstrong: St. James Infirmary or is that 40's ?
Am curious though..

Cher dB

#11May 16th, 2012 · 07:21 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Max wrote…
.........I just heard the dutch version from Jan Rot:

In fact, this guy gives all he has. Very expressive, hence impressive. But he needs to work on his video perfprmance, hahaha. Quite messy.  

Max wrote…
I dont see the 50's link, (nore a milk bar ULI)

Yay, all the visualisations, associacions, images, feelings the listeners get are as different as every person. Thatīs what makes music and the reactions / feedbacks so fascinating.

To me your version has this typical 50s / early 60s style / mood /feel. So I imaginated typal scenes from that era.
Young women in pettycoats meet young men in leather jackets and gel in their hair,  feeding the jukebox in the milkbar to dance hipshaking to  Elvis, Platters etc. R&R and kitschy ballads.
Yobbish teens  riding Vespas , trying to be coooooooooooooool.
Yip, thatīs what came up to my mind when listening. 
#12May 16th, 2012 · 08:34 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
ULI wrote…
Max wrote…
.........I just heard the dutch version from Jan Rot:

In fact, this guy gives all he has. Very expressive, hence impressive. But he needs to work on his video perfprmance, hahaha. Quite messy.  

Max wrote…
I dont see the 50's link, (nore a milk bar ULI)

Yay, all the visualisations, associacions, images, feelings the listeners get are as different as every person. Thatīs what makes music and the reactions / feedbacks so fascinating.

To me your version has this typical 50s / early 60s style / mood /feel. So I imaginated typal scenes from that era.
Young women in pettycoats meet young men in leather jackets and gel in their hair,  feeding the jukebox in the milkbar to dance hipshaking to  Elvis, Platters etc. R&R and kitschy ballads.
Yobbish teens  riding Vespas , trying to be coooooooooooooool.
Yip, thatīs what came up to my mind when listening.  :D

LOL, well tnx for the idea for a videoclip :p
would be great, but i am getting sick of the song :p
here is the first rough solo idea for now, tell me what you think pls?
http://soundcloud.com/maxdb/hallelujah-7
#13May 16th, 2012 · 09:39 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Max wrote…
here is the first rough solo idea for now, tell me what you think pls?
Itīs more than a first rough scetch. Youīre close to the spot. Just some tiny finetunings on phrasing, dynamic and accentuation and you got it. Loveley tone, bit Knopfler-esk, warm and smooth and bluesy.
Seems youīve worked a bit on your "blues expression" you mentioned month ago. Goody goody.
#14May 16th, 2012 · 12:01 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
tnx for helping
i am at it!
#15May 16th, 2012 · 04:51 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United States of America
you're a good singer...you didn't have to mention the pitch corrector...the quality is the outcome...great song to relax

Glenn
http://www.reverbnation.com/glennfr
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 2:49 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.