#1May 4th, 2012 · 12:34 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Happy Days (Mix 2)

This song is not in a battle

Here's Mix One: http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8815.html
I took out the Multi-Compressor - Used standard compressors on each instruments, hardly any on the drums, hence I believe sampled drums are more or less compressed and reduces the sound quality if used too much, so yeah, I'd say use compression with caution on sampled drums.
Used a different Guitar Rig pre-set for Bass guitar (fatter)
EQ'd Bass Drum,Overheads,Classical Guitar
Fine tuned levels

I prefer this mix, but I wonder what you think out of interest

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 4th, 2012 · 12:49 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
I have both versions opened simultaniously in tabs and can compare directly......... Interesting.
The second  version sounds more airy, clearer, more harmonically / musically, more "tidy". Just the bass in the first version was a bit louder,? fatter,? prominent,? Though it cuts through in the new mix.
At the end itīs a matter of taste and preferations, I guess.
I personally like more the second one.

U.L.I.
#3May 6th, 2012 · 07:20 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Happy Days (Mix 2)
Denis wrote…
I took out the Multi-Compressor - Used standard compressors on each instruments, hardly any on the drums, hence I believe sampled drums are more or less compressed and reduces the sound quality if used too much, so yeah, I'd say use compression with caution on sampled drums.
Fine tuned levels

hmm so the horn section for the amp needs a trumpet ..then we a unit
#4May 6th, 2012 · 08:11 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: Happy Days (Mix 2)
swordfish wrote…
Denis wrote…
Fine tuned levels

hmm so the horn section for the amp needs a trumpet ..then we a unit
That would be great. I believe PRG here on the amp in Trumpeter, but hasn't been active on the AMP. As you know I'm selling my Trumpet, just don't have the lips for it. May be if I had time to practice it every day. With the Sax I can can play once a week and get a reasonable take, well I have to do about 20 takes on a recording lol. I'm thinking of getting a Tenor Sax again, the first one I got was hard to blow, there must have been something wrong with it as they are supposed to be easier to blow than an Alto. The Soprano Sax is easy to blow but harder to play in tune, because the reed is smaller, harder to control the bend of the read, which is how you fine tune. Pretty much like pull ups on a guitar and having the ear to hear when it's in tune.
#5May 7th, 2012 · 08:00 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Sounds good to me...I'm with ULI a bit more airy and tight...Liking this mix better!
#6July 7th, 2012 · 04:19 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
checking out some more of your stuff atm. Love the mood. very happy feeling to this. mix sounds good to me...
#7July 11th, 2012 · 04:50 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Listening to this again ... having listened to it and the first upload, I do like this better, it's clearer thus louder and with more of the fine detail being heard.
Yes ... Denis the Music Machine who sleeps at the end of the month .... LOL ULI

And this is your reward ... you can create a song that is pure sun and sea

Or like honey ......
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:21 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.