#1December 27th, 2011 · 07:48 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
With or Without Me

This song is not in a battle

Posted a rough recording of this a while ago, here's a better recording .

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 27th, 2011 · 09:21 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
Germany
There are some timing issues (f.e. the very first drum fill in the beginning, some guitar fills just like at round 1:25), for my taste your voice is mixed too dry and the background is just too much (too wild and hard) and your voice alone can't handle it. Maybe you should try overdubbing the singing in some parts of the song. Anyway you put much energy and effort in the song and it ain't bad - I like it somehow.
#3December 27th, 2011 · 10:31 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great raw sound, although it would sound better putting it through a decent tape/tube plug-in to create some warmth.
Work on the panning a bit, guitars should be wider, rhythm left, lead right or vice versa. you could add studio effects, but if this is your intention to create a raw sound, then leave it. Can you mix the drums, if so raise the overheads a bit, will give you a bigger/wider/brighter sound in the mix.
Sorry can't compare with the first version, perhaps put a link so we can compare.
#4December 29th, 2011 · 05:24 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks guys, older version was here:

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8663.html
#5December 29th, 2011 · 09:57 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
The song writing is there but there's some issues with the levels for my taste..In a nutshell drums a bit low and vocals sound somewhat separated from the music and I wanna say there is a lacking on compression on the bass a guitars...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 12:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.