1 2

#1August 26th, 2011 · 01:13 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Bass fantasies

This song is not in a battle

Some of you guys might remember my upload "Bass fantasies (video version)" from June, 1st played on my fretless bass as a challenge for you to improvise to it .
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8499.html
Now I finished a worked out and re-titled version which will complete my second Album "Electronaut".
This is the very first track where you can hear my new Strat and my lil "Blackstar" tube amp.
I hope you like my new "puzzle"-track and give some feedback

My album "Electronaut" is distibuted on "jamendo.com" http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/101206?refuid=978926 under CC-by-nc-sa 3.0 license for free download.

U.L.I.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 26th, 2011 · 01:17 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
#3August 26th, 2011 · 02:07 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Well done for completing this Bass Opera
The Strat cuts through well.
This track needs to be heard several times to appreciate the amount of work you put into each of the different bass lines.
My favorite part is the intro, the Bass is singing to high heaven

Excellent piece of work, I hope people appreciate the time & effort you put into this.

#4August 28th, 2011 · 03:32 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Thank you, Denis.
Iīm glad you like this unusual piece of music..... (bass opera is a nice idiom, haha)

The intro is played with harmonix (flageolets) which works great on a fretless coz you can slide this notes.
These slides produce that nice, singing tone. But it doesnīt work as well on a fretted bass.

U.L.I.
#5August 29th, 2011 · 05:30 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
What an interesting piece of music.  I like this.
Clear, well recorded, different.
Well constructed, well played.  And the strat cuts through very nicely even at the low volume in the mix.
Good stuff ULI
#6September 3rd, 2011 · 09:00 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice Uli another great composition here...You have a cool set of ideas in every piece I give a listen..Nice bass sound..Love fretless work...Good one!!
#7September 4th, 2011 · 07:22 AM
4 threads / 2 songs
9 posts
Philippines
WARNING: THIS SONG MAY CAUSE EARGASM!!!!

LOVE ettt!!!!!!!
sounds like what Steve Bailey would do!!!

Hats of to you man! Musically genius!!

I totally love the bass lines done in this seems so mystical and breath taking. I could play this over and over again in car rides and not get bored every time I listen to it I always find something new to appreciate! SUPERB! Well done! ^_^
#8September 4th, 2011 · 08:38 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Such a creative individual ULI love the concept and imaginative skill .... delivery really cool.
Excellent thanks for posting.
gg
#9September 5th, 2011 · 11:38 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Thank yaīll for taking time to listen and the positive feedback, guys.
I was not sure, if one would like this because it is far away from normal use of listen and genres.
So it makes me twice as happy.

@ kinkenwee : Welcome to this community. I like to see that you like what you see.

Eargasm......hahaha........great idiom.......
Ya comparison to Mr. Bailey is TOO much honor to me since this guy is such an outstanding fretless-bass player. Iīm sooooo far away from what HE can do on a  bass. But tnx a lot for this compliment.

Hereīs the champ 

.... and if you like more amazing bass players , look at this.....http://forum.bandamp.com/The_Pit/31704.html......http://forum.bandamp.com/The_Pit/32463.html

In "the pit" you will find many more exeptional vids which I posted in the past. Something to grub for you.

U.L.I.
#10September 12th, 2011 · 03:34 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Uli, you talked about your album "Electronaut". Is it finished yet?
Where can I buy it?
#11September 12th, 2011 · 04:15 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
thats a nice job ULI, you took the challenge yourself, and that with your brand new strat!
You must have had a great time, and you have a great result in this piece too!
my charvel is so in need for great maintainance like refretting etc that it aint all pleasure now, so i dont play it much, and never had a go on your challenge btw.
luckily.., because i never could have don this tasty :p

strange composition, but still liking it, must be the atmosphere i guess..
and all your effort and craftmans ship( may i say grundlichkeit lol) of course!
it certainly isnt 'filled up ' with guitars, all subtile and well placed, enough room to still listen to the basses and keys.
i'd say that is something very difficult for most guitarists and well worth a compliment too!
enjoyed the 'violin notes' (done with the foot pedal or backwards something i guess?) anyway great job!
#12September 14th, 2011 · 05:18 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Uli, you talked about your album "Electronaut". Is it finished yet?
Where can I buy it?
Yes, TK, the most work is done. Almost finished.
No, you will (probably) never be able to buy it, since I will attribute it under CC-Lisense (CC-BY-NC-SA) on "Jamendo" for free download. Thatīs what I did also with my first album "Anfunk".
I will release it probably end of October on "Jamendo".

Tnx Max for ya compliments. There was not as much I added. Just some simple Synthsounds, some git-sparks and new drums. Thatīs all. I wanted to keep this tune as what it is : a "Bass-composition".

Max wrote…
enjoyed the 'violin notes' (done with the foot pedal or backwards something i guess?) anyway great job!
Yes, was a "slow-attack-delay" on the Boss multi-effect pedal. I like this smooth effect

U.L.I.
#13September 14th, 2011 · 12:42 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Sorry I don't have time for a full-fledged review, but few things:

- I generally don't like fretless basses tonally, but this was really nice.
 - That ringing bell noise got old real quick.
 - You solo like you listen to a lot of Scofield. Love the Strat tone. Makes me wish I still had mine.
 - Your fretless fingerwork is very clean. The harmonics were in particular beautiful.
 - Things got exciting after 4:00.
 - I like the structure. Was constantly something new developing, and it reminded me a lot of the kind of music a seventies rock band would have made if they survived the transition to the eighties. I feel like it should complete with a cheesy music video featuring you in a neon jumpsuit on a poorly rendered CG backdrop. A lot like Rush's stuff that came after Tom Sawyer.

+1
#14September 17th, 2011 · 09:13 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
There is something magical about a fretless bass sound... Gotta remember, I have one too! And a really nice one too, must put it to use again

Good soundscape, however the synth pad modulations give it an "intoxicated" effect, which to me blurs imagery, like having had a drink or two too many to properly lie down in bed...

Other than that the atmosphere is very attractive, the composition interesting enough to keep listening, finding myself re-listening to parts of the tracks to hear everything going in.

Yes me likes it a lot!
#15September 30th, 2011 · 03:04 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Avi wrote…
You solo like you listen to a lot of Scofield.
Interesting association to J Scofield but I didnīt listen to his music for more than 20 yrs.    Although it seems he had some influence to me.

Avi wrote…
Was constantly something new developing, and it reminded me a lot of the kind of music a seventies rock band would have made if they survived the transition to the eighties.
You got it, Avi. This era has influenced my understanding of music and my style significantly. Thatīs my roots.

PX wrote…
I have one too! And a really nice one too, must put it to use again
That might be interesting to hear you playing a fretless to ya dark, punk-influenced music. Could be a very unusual combination................but suitable..........
What bass is it ?

U.L.I.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:12 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.