#1June 1st, 2011 · 12:09 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Bass fantasies (video version)

This song is not in a battle

After a year of listlessness to work on a concrete track and only noodling around all the time I got an interesting motivation some days ago.
A friend on ´jamendo.com` wrote in a review that he likes my bassplaying so much and can imagine to improvising to one of my basslines. So he asked me, if I would like "donating" him a bassline.
And cuz I have developed a few bass-fragments over the last month I tried to bring them into a coherent and logical order.
The arrangement is just a fretless-bass, drums and a synthpad. Very simple.
Ok, this is my gift and my invitation for him and all ampers to grab ya instruments and improvise / jam with this little bass composition. Not quite as simple.
Take a challenge, guys............

Lemme hear what ya think, please

U . L . I .

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 1st, 2011 · 03:25 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
102 posts
Suriname
Nice grove, I only think there where some little time issues in the beginning. Like it!
#3June 2nd, 2011 · 02:06 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The Bass is leading, so I was thinking real drums in place of loops or add percussion to loops, I really don't think it needs anymore. Perhaps in places an instrument/s and, or, vocal/s can play in unison/harmony with the Bass. I'm pretty sure that would complement your music.

It would be interesting how a freestyle solo would sound.

Nice Bass work U.L.I
#4June 3rd, 2011 · 03:10 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
beautifull sounding bass, nice things happenening, i dont miss much actually
hope the guy knows his scales since it dont seem easy to play on the everchanging themes 
finding the drums a tad sterile for that lovely bass..
if i ever get over this *%#* flew, i might have a go for fun  (you know i dónt know my scales to well  )
#5June 5th, 2011 · 05:25 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Denis wrote…
The Bass is leading, so I was thinking real drums in place of loops or add percussion to loops
You´re right, Denis. I didn´t pay much attention searching perfectly fitting drums. I just took some loops from the "AW 1600-Quick-loop-sampler". You know this feature. The drum loops aren´t really good. But for a quick
recording it´s ok. If I will work out this piece, I can imagine not to use drum sounds. Instead I´d use some tablas
and/or other percs. Will see then.

MaxdB wrote…
if i ever get over this *%#* flew, i might have a go for fun  (you know i dónt know my scales to well
Try it out, Max. These scales aren´t too hard. Mostly D minor, A minor or E minor chords. something like that.
There 5 different parts you can separately work with . The 2. parts is a bit more complicated, but not too much.
It might be a good improvisation practice/education.   Tempo is 110 bpm.
U.L.I.
#6June 9th, 2011 · 08:08 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
ULI..this is really good,man...Very smooth playing...I took a few bass lesson's but i never really materialized as a bass player...a lot of my songs need bass...maybe somewhere down the road..we could collaborate...check your message's .. I sent you one
#7June 19th, 2011 · 02:20 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Flyer7747 wrote…
ULI..this is really good,man...Very smooth playing...I took a few bass lesson's but i never really materialized as a bass player...
I´m sure , everyone who can play guitar, can also learn quite easily playing the bass. The tones are the same.
One thing that may be a bit difficult are the different picking techniques.

Did anyone improvise or jam around  to this track ?  I´d like to hear if someone has tried to do.
A nice smooth organ tone can be fine or a git part.
I can also imagine a trombone part on that. Would fit the mood very well , I guess. ...... Mmmmh, Swordie?
Don´t you think so ?     
U.L.I.
#8June 20th, 2011 · 11:29 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
Japan
I feel lost in the chaos of it all.
But, I see where you're coming from with the leading bass. As a demo of bass playing this is great and certainly highlights the use of the bass as a melody instrument. Very nice.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:12 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.