#1July 19th, 2011 · 03:26 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Pent Up Sex Appeal - Mx2

This song is not in a battle

From the first version, http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8534.html
 people/members have made suggestions in the mix.
I've basically boosted many of the mids and trebles, except the tambourine, which from memory I think I reduced.
I'm not finished with yet, want to re-record the vox and Lead Guitar when I get new pickups for the Epi Les Paul.

Your opinions of the mix compared with the first version would be very helpful

Cheers

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 19th, 2011 · 04:54 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Yip, this mix is much clearer, more harmonically and musically now. Especially vox are very good understandable. Only the bass I´d make a tad louder.

Ooops, what do I hear there  ?
There´s some "clicking" noise distracting me. I put on my Phones and notice a delay which produces kinda disturbing clicks and clacks.    Did you forget muting one of the effect channels ?
It´s something to fix, imo.

Apropos PUs : What about the ebay auction recently ? You didn´t get it, no? If yes, we would have heard about from you, I suppose.
Nevermind, there´s so many auctions on the bay that you gonna find some fine PUs.

Looking forward.........................
U.L.I.
#3July 19th, 2011 · 05:23 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Yip, this mix is much clearer, more harmonically and musically now. Especially vox are very good understandable. Only the bass I�d make a tad louder.

Ooops, what do I hear there  ?
There�s some "clicking" noise distracting me. I put on my Phones and notice a delay which produces kinda disturbing clicks and clacks.    Did you forget muting one of the effect channels ?
It�s something to fix, imo.

Apropos PUs : What about the ebay auction recently ? You didn�t get it, no? If yes, we would have heard about from you, I suppose.
Nevermind, there�s so many auctions on the bay that you gonna find some fine PUs.

Looking forward.........................
U.L.I.

I'm pretty sure the clicking is my bad habit of the Plectrum hitting the body of my Acoustic Guitar - Now having raised the treble on the acoustic the plec body hits are much more Audible.- Cheers for that, I'll have to re-record the acoustic.

I missed the end time when the auction finished on the Gibson 57's, They sold for approx £95 for the pair - At least now I know what they are selling for. Doing my research Duncan Seymour have a 21 day free trail of pickups, if you don't like them you can exchange them free exc shipping - their website is cool, you can input information on the type of sound you want making suggestions and sound samples. I'm going to wait until the end of the month, if I can't find anything on eBay, I'll probably get a set of Duncan Seymours, my Luthier recommended them too. The others I've seen are the Bare Knuckle 'The Mule' pickups, they are the most expensive ones I've seen, a Calibrated set costs £220.00 - Not sure how they will compare with the Duncan Seymour's - Toastedgoat here on bandAMP recommended them to Battlecat, Goat is very knowledgeable and respected when it comes to gear. He recently rebuilt a Strat and done a SUPERB job. I may drop him a line he may have some pickups he could sell me.
#4July 19th, 2011 · 06:06 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Yeah, I visited the "Barenuckle"-site recently. Looks good what they offer. And a very helpful feature is the Graphics of sound characters of the PUs. Very good. Seems to be a good alternative to SDs or Gibson.
If you can get some sound samples of barenuckles it also is helpful.
But if you don´t wanna check out x-numbers of PUs (build in-build out  ) I´d say : order some Seymors and you won´t do anything wrong with it , just due to 21 days "Money back" option.
220 brit pounds for BNs is also SD niveau.
Have you ever tried "Seymor Duncan PU" in the ebay search field? Sometimes ther´s more offers than when you enter "Pickups" in the field. I´m sure, there´s a lot of snips swimming in the bay    .

Good luck, matey
U.L.I.
#5July 20th, 2011 · 01:36 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
LOL    Denis this is freaking awesome!!!!    I never heard the first version or read any of the comments so I pressed play on this version and I was like "holy crap Dire Straits have invaded denis' recording studio". Your voice totally sounds like mark knopfler. I'm thoroughly impressed. I love it. 

After listening to this amazing song on this new mix I went and listened to the first mix and I think this one sounds much better and "alive". Although I think that the drums sound "more fake" in this version than the first one. I doubt that makes any sense but thats just what my gut told me. I also hear the pick hitting your acoustic guitar lol. I do that ALL the time whenever I try to record the acoustic. Not a huge deal.

This is a flipping awesome song...I really really like it. Great job!

I also was reading your discussion on pickups and everything as I am probably looking to get some new ones as well so that was very informative so thanks for that
#6July 21st, 2011 · 04:02 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
im dead tired
just want to say i listened a few times without really listening,
just enjoyed the music/playing, and relaxed

#7July 23rd, 2011 · 08:53 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Nice song Denis, well constructed and played.
A little sterile for me (lacking some emotion and dynamics), and the drum fills in places are too manic and unrealistic sounding (only when it's a quantized 1/32 run, which is used a few times).
Perhaps I'm being too critical - this is a great recording - I'm just not feeling "fired-up" about it as I have with some of your other music.
#8July 23rd, 2011 · 09:10 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Jiminuk wrote…
Nice song Denis, well constructed and played.
A little sterile for me (lacking some emotion and dynamics), and the drum fills in places are too manic and unrealistic sounding (only when it's a quantized 1/32 run, which is used a few times).
Perhaps I'm being too critical - this is a great recording - I'm just not feeling "fired-up" about it as I have with some of your other music.
:)

I'm learning Cubase at the moment - In what way do the dynamics need changing?
I'm going to re-record the vocals and acoustic guitar. Yeah the drums have too much mids and treble - easy fix.
Cheers
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:34 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.