1 2
#16July 13th, 2011 · 07:03 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
ULI wrote…
It´s also a nice tone on that strat. If one wants to sound like D. Gilmor.
The pichguard which belongs to the PUs looks very beautiful.

I think I have to be commited to an institution.  Today I bugged out and I ordered a "Maxxfly".
Just need 1 or 2 days of patience and I will see if it´s that great as I hope . If I don´t like it, I can send it back within 30 days .

http://www.thomann.de/gb/parker_maxxfly_bolt_on_ns.htm

I guess, I´ll have some sleepless nights. :cry:
Groovy-looking guitar...so I take it that you don't mind this tremolo tailpiece (I'm aware you don't care for Floyd Rose tailpieces) What caused you to choose this guitar? (I mean what did you like about it?)
#17July 13th, 2011 · 07:23 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
BC wrote…
What caused you to choose this guitar? (I mean what did you like about it?)
Since ~ 1 year I´m watching vids, reading tests about these gits and am more and more convinced of ´em.
It´s because of its diversity. This amount of different sound one can create with it.
Another point is its weight .  2,25 -3 kg.average. That´s a cure for my sick, old back and neck.
Next aspect is  the ergonomy.  It shall be a very comfortable, fast playable instrument.
And there´s this futuristical design, bit weird. .....................Like me . hehehe
And yeah , the vib-system is very good. I hate FB vibs.

If I´ll find out that this git doesn´t fit to me I´m gonna buy a Strat I discovered yesterday and I liked very much, too.
http://www.thomann.de/de/fender_american_deluxe_ash_strat_mnab.htm
#18July 14th, 2011 · 02:26 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
BC wrote…
What caused you to choose this guitar? (I mean what did you like about it?)
Since ~ 1 year I�m watching vids, reading tests about these gits and am more and more convinced of �em.
It�s because of its diversity. This amount of different sound one can create with it.
Another point is its weight .  2,25 -3 kg.average. That�s a cure for my sick, old back and neck.
Next aspect is  the ergonomy.  It shall be a very comfortable, fast playable instrument.
And there�s this futuristical design, bit weird. .....................Like me . hehehe
And yeah , the vib-system is very good. I hate FB vibs.

If I�ll find out that this git doesn�t fit to me I�m gonna buy a Strat I discovered yesterday and I liked very much, too.
http://www.thomann.de/de/fender_american_deluxe_ash_strat_mnab.htm

That's a good deal, 30 day money back on a quality guitar - I don't suppose you had a chance to try out the Parker?
I'm bidding on two Gibson 57 pick ups tonight auction ends about 9pm British time - There are only three bidders and they are still at a low price - I've now idea what they normally sell for second hand, but new they are about £90.00. A Luthier I know recommended Seymour Duncans, but there are so many to choose from, each having there own unique character, it's amazing.
#19July 18th, 2011 · 04:27 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Pent Up Sex Appeal
Denis wrote…
Collaborated with Colin Jones who wrote the Lyrics
I bought a used Epiphone Left-handed Les Paul - Tried out for the first time on this track

This was a real fun project - I think it's complete??-  may have to tweak the mix, this is the first version.

........................................................................................................................................................................

I don’t care and I don’t frown, when you are with me I’m never down,
When you smile and when you speak, it’s all the pleasure I ever seek,
You make me feel like a spinning wheel, with your crazy pent up sex appeal
I can’t believe the way you are, when you come at me like a shooting star.

You’re there one minute and then you’re gone and I don’t know what I’ve done wrong,
It beats me up when you are this way, not listening to a word I say.
When all I have are the photographs, the music, words and endless laughs,
The days we sat under shady trees, the shifting sand of memories.

If that is all we have to hold, they’ll stay with me as we grow old,
And things in them will change a touch, but never spoil the scene too much,
I’ll take them with me when I go, my very own life picture show,
So make it with me - make it last, an image of this lovely past.

with a title like that i was ready with bunny huggers to throw at the band!!!
needs fattening up for me .... reverb and stuff and life ........sounds a bit deflated
multi track (x 2 ) unison split (left and right) stereo on lead voc would bring this alive!!!

great start ......... the vox need fatness and a few more overdub guitars?? to fill it out

I think you sound like Jagger ......... a very good thing!!!!
Listen 2 stones ....... they overlay vocs a lot!!! to get impact!!!

i always blame what i listen on!! haha
its a bit just a bit ''thin''
keys to pin it down???

Rosemary Collins (thin) fish
#20July 19th, 2011 · 02:53 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: Pent Up Sex Appeal
swordfish wrote…
Denis wrote…
Collaborated with Colin Jones who wrote the Lyrics
I bought a used Epiphone Left-handed Les Paul - Tried out for the first time on this track

This was a real fun project - I think it's complete??-  may have to tweak the mix, this is the first version.

........................................................................................................................................................................

I don�t care and I don�t frown, when you are with me I�m never down,
When you smile and when you speak, it�s all the pleasure I ever seek,
You make me feel like a spinning wheel, with your crazy pent up sex appeal
I can�t believe the way you are, when you come at me like a shooting star.

You�re there one minute and then you�re gone and I don�t know what I�ve done wrong,
It beats me up when you are this way, not listening to a word I say.
When all I have are the photographs, the music, words and endless laughs,
The days we sat under shady trees, the shifting sand of memories.

If that is all we have to hold, they�ll stay with me as we grow old,
And things in them will change a touch, but never spoil the scene too much,
I�ll take them with me when I go, my very own life picture show,
So make it with me - make it last, an image of this lovely past.

with a title like that i was ready with bunny huggers to throw at the band!!!
needs fattening up for me .... reverb and stuff and life ........sounds a bit deflated
multi track (x 2 ) unison split (left and right) stereo on lead voc would bring this alive!!!

do you want to s***w this shooting star??

great start ......... the vox need fatness and a few more overdub guitars?? to fill it out

I think you sound like Jagger ......... a very good thing!!!!
Listen 2 stones ....... they overlay vocs a lot!!! to get impact!!!

i always blame what i listen on!! haha
its a bit just a bit ''thin''
keys to pin it down???

Rosemary Collins (thin) fish

This was the first mix. Like I've been saying in this thread the Epi Les Paul stock pickups are a little muddy of which I am exploring replacement of. Others too have commented that it's a bit flat, the acoustic guitar in particular.
Using Cubase for the first time, I'm learning how to improve the recordings. One-step-at-a-time.
I'm not so sure by overlaying the vox and instruments will make that much difference, I don't really want it to sound commercialized, or adding too much reverb to hide the raw sound.
Having said that playing this track as it is at high volume has a nice warm clear fat sound. If you listen to someone like Led Zeplin, it's pretty much the same effect in terms of tone.
I did experiment with it  boosting the frequencies.  Whilst it was clearer at low volume, it sounded a little harsh at high volume, so I guess it's finding the happy medium.
I'm hoping to find some quality bargain pickups soon, when I do, I will be re-recording the Les Paul and re-recording the Vox.

Thanks for your honest opinion - it helps
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 2:12 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.