#1June 17th, 2011 · 10:58 AM
17 threads / 13 songs
40 posts
United States of America
You and Me
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 4 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2011-07

Yeah I know it should be "You and I" but you know " You and Me " just sounds better aesthetically!  This is the first battle I am going to enter.  I know this song might not be what you are traditionally used to hearing and Im not the type of guy to rip an amazing solo or have awesome guitar playing skills.  I couldn't figure out how to end the song so i chopped it and sampled a bit to end it off.  This is one of those more positive side of things type of songs.  I hope you enjoy it.  I know it isn't perfect, but a lot of people have liked this song.

Here are the lyrics:
What goes in that head
What goes in that head
What goes in that head
I remember those times when there was heart
I keep forgetting those times that were hard
remember anything
forgetting everything
and lets just keep on going
lets just keep on loving
lets just push and keep on growing
lets all just keep on moving
What goes in that head
What goes in that head
What goes in that head
bun dun bun dun dun dun
and lets just keep on going
lets just keep on loving
lets just push and keep on growing
lets all just keep on moving
What goes in that head
What goes in that head
What goes in that head

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 17th, 2011 · 06:21 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
i voted
i like the idea a lot ......
love the cardboard guitar ...........at the start
as a repeat riff kind a song it needs a strong hook .........
and i dont get that ........ th vocs and accomp stay at the same intensity.
I like it ..........but ''wot goes on''  hook needs
developing so the song becomes more memorable

i voted 92%
its well recorded
structured etc
http://about.bandamp.com/rating.html
#3June 18th, 2011 · 07:28 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Extraordinary and spooky again. "What goes in that head?". I always ask myself when listening to your songs.  . The more I hear of your stuff, the more I understand your unique style to express yourself musically.
So I visited your website to experience a bit more about you and found this "Nebraska-vid" which has terrified me very much.
I didnīt hear about that incidence here in the news.     What is the current state about the "plant"?

greetings
U.L.I.
#4June 18th, 2011 · 09:07 AM
17 threads / 13 songs
40 posts
United States of America
This song is not supposed to be  spooky!
It probably might just sound weird though.

Hopefully when my next splurge of music creativity and production starts flowing; I will be more developed as songwriter to throw out stronger songs.  I might even be a decent musician by then :P

About the power plant, yeah, the news just never picked that one up. Someone pointed it out to me and I thought to myself that it was a pretty big deal.  I somehow beat a lot of the big news people on that story.

Supposedly they are saying that it is just flooded, but protected and safe from any type of nuclear leak at this current time.  I am skeptical about all this because they are not allowing airplanes fly over it, and answering dodgy questions when asked about the level 4 emergency they administered to the plant.  

So what's really going on? No really one knows except some of the bigwigs. The government doesn't want to freak out the public especially if they don't have to.  So, all I really know is that there is a big flood in that area for quite some time now, and they are trying to keep the nuclear power plant and the public protected. 

IT seems to be more leading to the "safe" edge of things but you never know.
#5June 18th, 2011 · 07:25 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Right !  Your voice, I can here you in this ...
It's a personal preference but I'd 'drop the gnome' , the effect puts each song in the same moment  ... tippy !
I think you can come up with remarkable stuff if you just do you ... and your sampling of course ... ooo! the mind boggles !    
#6June 18th, 2011 · 10:30 PM
17 threads / 13 songs
40 posts
United States of America
What is this Gnome Effect you are referring to?  Is it common with all my songs?  Is it the way I am singing?
#7June 20th, 2011 · 11:37 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
Japan
This is great! I love those roomy vocals and lofty backing pushed into that pounding industrial sound. It's a really interesting sound you've managed to work around. I particularly like the percussion... it brought me back to the days of playing Donkey Kong Country (don't ask me why).

That said (now just nit-picking a good song), I'm not too sure about the relation of the arrangement and sound to the actual lyrics. I didn't feel any sort of connection there and half-way through the song just began dismissing them as part of the creative "noise".

Don't get me wrong though -- overall, I thought it to be a really awesome song to listen to.
#8June 20th, 2011 · 11:57 AM
17 threads / 13 songs
40 posts
United States of America
Thanks!
Thanks everyone for the positive comments so far and the constructive criticism.
#9June 21st, 2011 · 06:35 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
severely psychedelic! I like it, but yeah that's what makes it spooky. And enjoyable!
#10June 21st, 2011 · 02:59 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
srm2888 wrote…
What is this Gnome Effect you are referring to?  Is it common with all my songs?  Is it the way I am singing?
No it's not how you sing as far as I'm concerned it's the effect you use on most of your stuff so far.
I feel I hear you sing in this one, which got me exited because in my mind all I'd heard from you was trippy high pitched 'gnome' vocals.
As I said I think using such an effect frequently 'traps' a song/songs in that particular state.
#11June 23rd, 2011 · 09:53 AM
17 threads / 13 songs
40 posts
United States of America
Here's a video I made awhile back. 
Thought I'd add it on here, sometimes visuals along with the song makes the music speak louder.

#12June 23rd, 2011 · 10:25 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
surprisingly the music and the vid seem to complement eachother well,
though i aint a 'fan' of video clips, i like music to picture a lot.
in this case i prefer your music a lot compared to the original voices and story line
but in the end i rather listen without watching
#13June 23rd, 2011 · 11:55 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Donīt you fear some Schlumpfproblems with Copyrights ? It can be schlumpfy dangerous using unauthorized Schlumpfclips. Over there are waiting many Schlumpf-lawyers of Movie-Schlumpf-Companies to bring harmless Musicianschlümpfe to trial.
As Max I also donīt need any vids to schlumpf your music into my mind. Iīm just schlumpfing my own vid in my Schlumphasy.
But for some unknown Schlumpf-reason I like the Schumpfazication of your music.
Schlumpfissimo............

unschlumpfed inspiration (U.S.I.)
#14June 23rd, 2011 · 12:10 PM
17 threads / 13 songs
40 posts
United States of America
well
I don't have a camera.  Using 5 minute footage from a cartoon made in the 80's doesn't seem like a problem to me.  I don't think anyone's pocket will be hurt by this video.   But hey, if they came to me and had a big problem with it, I would just take it down.

Perhaps I should find a better way to get videos that I know aren't copyrighted material. and take this down.
#15June 23rd, 2011 · 12:23 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
sm2888 wrote…
I don't think anyone's pocket will be hurt by this video.

Oh, donīt take my post above too serious. 
When you know me a bit, you know I love joking around and playing with words. I also donīt think youīll get probs with that vid.
I just used this "topic" for my Schlumpf-puns.
But the core remains : you donīt need any vids coz you have the capability to generate movies in the listeners mind. So, better you focus on ya music.  Imo.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:23 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.