#1May 22nd, 2011 · 03:37 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Into The Blue (Music)
In collaboration with: kings

This song is not in a battle

I'm making some progress with Cubase and though I'd try putting some music to kings song 'Into The Blue' http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8475.html

I've been playing around with the standard effects and some plug-ins. Crikey Cubase has got it all and I've barely touched the surface - your thought of the production please.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 23rd, 2011 · 03:02 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Ha, seems that we ´oldie-goldies´ have started new basic educations.   We both are scratching the surface
on our particular new software, evolving our spare abilities step by step.
Well. I guess you´ve achieved a decent result here. Effects are working fine, pan is fine. EQ-wise perhaps you can add a lil presence freqs to make the mix a bit more fresh, "aerial", transparent., clear.
I can´t really warm up with the drums . Sound lame somehow. Slightly pale. Not tight enough.. Dunno how to describe .
This is the music to kings´ text . I guess it will suit, but who shall sing ? Where are the singers here ?
Must be kings ! It´s his text. .................?..........?
U.L.I.
#3May 23rd, 2011 · 06:38 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Ha, seems that we �oldie-goldies� have started new basic educations.   We both are scratching the surface
Well. I guess you�ve achieved a decent result here. Effects are working fine, pan is fine. EQ-wise perhaps you can add a lil presence freqs to make the mix a bit more fresh, "aerial", transparent., clear.
I can�t really warm up with the drums . Sound lame somehow. Slightly pale. Not tight enough.. Dunno how to describe .
This is the music to kings� text . I guess it will suit, but who shall sing ? Where are the singers here ?
Must be kings ! It�s his text. .................?..........?
U.L.I.

The Drums is a new kit I'm trying , EzDrummer Funkmaster, there are two kits, normally I'd use EzDrummer Vintage kit. I listened to it the car today, I like the Bass Drum, sounds nice as with the Bass, but the snare may need some velocity changes. I could try and adjust the effects on the current version, but I think I will have to re-record this anyway, the changes form verse to chorus don't flow, which I can resolve in the music. If kings likes it, once he has added a vocal I can re-do the E piano to suite.
The new soundcard I have is brighter in sound, my ears have been used to a flatter tone for over 6 years - having said that, sound is a very personal thing, I quite like the way it is actually in terms of EQ.
hopefully kings will find time to sing, he's very busy at work at the moment I believe.

Cheers U.L.I. 
#4May 23rd, 2011 · 06:48 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
snare could use a treatment but i like it overall, goin well on qbase
#5May 23rd, 2011 · 06:53 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MaxdB wrote…
snare could use a treatment but i like it overall, goin well on qbase ;)

Cheers Max, Yeah I'll tweek the Snare, try different compression ratios, see if I can get some life into it, plus adjust the velocities 
#6May 23rd, 2011 · 07:02 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Denis wrote…
ULI wrote…
Ha, seems that we �oldie-goldies� have started new basic educations.   We both are scratching the surface
Well. I guess you�ve achieved a decent result here. Effects are working fine, pan is fine. EQ-wise perhaps you can add a lil presence freqs to make the mix a bit more fresh, "aerial", transparent., clear.
I can�t really warm up with the drums . Sound lame somehow. Slightly pale. Not tight enough.. Dunno how to describe .
This is the music to kings� text . I guess it will suit, but who shall sing ? Where are the singers here ?
U.L.I.

The Drums is a new kit I'm trying , EzDrummer Funkmaster, there are two kits, normally I'd use EzDrummer Vintage kit. I listened to it the car today, I like the Bass Drum, sounds nice as with the Bass, but the snare may need some velocity changes. I could try and adjust the effects on the current version, but I think I will have to re-record this anyway, the changes form verse to chorus don't flow, which I can resolve in the music. If kings likes it, once he has added a vocal I can re-do the E piano to suite.
The new soundcard I have is brighter in sound, my ears have been used to a flatter tone for over 6 years - having said that, sound is a very personal thing, I quite like the way it is actually in terms of EQ.
hopefully kings will find time to sing, he's very busy at work at the moment I believe.

Cheers U.L.I.  ;)
Yeah, the eq-settings of ya new soundcard are actually very good sounding.

About the drums
I still don´t know the reason why the drums don´t work . For my feel it has to do with the timing, with the drive of your play in congruence of the drumpatterns. Or perhaps it can help if you use some more patterns to bring it up to more variety,  tense and moods.

About singing
  Hehehe, Kings has the easier part of you both. He´s able to practice the whole day long with phones of his mp3 player in his ears high above on his open air stage.
After a few days of practicing he´ll be topfit for a recording at weekend.   
Singers are more indipendent of any gear as instrumenalists. 
greetz
U.L.I.
#7May 23rd, 2011 · 01:03 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Denis wrote…
ULI wrote…
U.L.I.

Cheers U.L.I.  ;)
Yeah, the eq-settings of ya new soundcard are actually very good sounding.

About the drums
I still don´t know the reason why the drums don´t work . For my feel it has to do with the timing, with the drive of your play in congruence of the drumpatterns. Or perhaps it can help if you use some more patterns to bring it up to more variety,  tense and moods.

About singing
  Hehehe, Kings has the easier part of you both. He´s able to practice the whole day long with phones of his mp3 player in his ears high above on his open air stage.
After a few days of practicing he´ll be topfit for a recording at weekend.   
Singers are more indipendent of any gear as instrumenalists. 
greetz
U.L.I.

I do remember that I had a gut feeling to double up on the Hats??
Then again once the vocals are down it should all fit into place - I don't believe craming too much into a song, just work on the parts you have.
Cheers
#8May 23rd, 2011 · 05:00 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Got it !
Like it too.
Give me some time though to get my head into it properly ... you know my work load.
I can hear that it is not SV and I think I can get the vocal to also not be SV lol
Downloading .....
#9May 27th, 2011 · 10:44 AM
17 threads / 13 songs
40 posts
United States of America
crystal clear
The tune is not really my thing, but if it were i'd really enjoy this.  The recording is great and very clear and sounds great man.  Good job!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:17 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.