1 2

#1May 14th, 2011 · 11:46 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Vocal - Into the Blue
In collaboration with: the deep deep blue

This song is not in a battle

Into the Blue recorded in one take plus an extra verse, I played around with it in WaveLab.
I tend to get carried away and sing loud close up and then low further away so my volume levels are up and down.
I tried a leveler and a compressor and eq but it became 'tampered with' so I left it as it was.

The nature of the words made me sing it to Suzanne Vegas Toms Diner, the rest of that story you can read on the lyrics page.....

Enjoy it , if you know how to .....   

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 14th, 2011 · 11:48 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
DENIS WROTE :
[ Copied post from first upload ... I deleted the other and turned the volume up a little on this one. ]

[quote=Denis
You are one brave Man to do bare vocals kings
IT
Ok so it's not a perfect performance, but I quite like that any way, it's like you have faced a live bandAMP Audience and just gone for it, just missing the raw from the Audience

So how do you want to go with this, do you intend to keep the melody, much of it is similar to SV-TD. BUT it's got kings written all over it, so could be OK, with Music it would make it more unique.

Did you record it to a metronome? we could try and ad some instruments to it, if not do another please with a metronome, or use a simple drum loop ( tis what I use, get more feel), I'm sure I could create something around it.
#3May 14th, 2011 · 11:56 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
inspired lyrics, incredible vocal. It seems to need little more than what it is. I have always thought you had an incredible voice - full of character and expression - a pure baritone, but quite flexible as well. In my opinion, you should form a band and put this voice to work! Nice work!
#4May 14th, 2011 · 12:09 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: DENIS WROTE :
Denis wrote…
IT
Ok so it's not a perfect performance, but I quite like that any way, it's like you have faced a live bandAMP Audience and just gone for it, just missing the raw from the Audience

So how do you want to go with this, do you intend to keep the melody, much of it is similar to SV-TD. BUT it's got kings written all over it, so could be OK, with Music it would make it more unique.

Did you record it to a metronome? we could try and ad some instruments to it, if not do another please with a metronome, or use a simple drum loop ( tis what I use, get more feel), I'm sure I could create something around it.

No no metronome just my own time.
It was meant as a track for you to hear how it went, this is not to be worked with.

So can you figure some 'original' music to go with it?

It's just the same as you getting up and playing guitar to a groovy backdrop, it's something you enjoy.
I like the fact that I wrote this and that I can 'put it this way'  
#5May 14th, 2011 · 12:19 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
battlecat wrote…
inspired lyrics, incredible vocal. It seems to need little more than what it is. I have always thought you had an incredible voice - full of character and expression - a pure baritone, but quite flexible as well. In my opinion, you should form a band and put this voice to work! Nice work!

Yes ! Put this voice to work ... how funny.
I take this voice to work every day .... it really is a wonderful experience standing on a scaffolding above city streets singing to to open sky ... and passers by.
Empty buildings resonate wonderfully ... especially with no windows ! 

And thank you for listening and commenting, much appreciated
#6May 14th, 2011 · 02:26 PM
5 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
United States of America
"Into the blue..." I love the chorus!  Im not super hot about the verses... I think its something to do with the cadence... I heard the Tom's Diner in it off the bat and with that and your having mentioned it makes it inescapable to hear it as some sort of reprise or remix of that tune     Somethings definitely working here though... again, the chorus is very pretty and I like it lots... the lyrics are well chosen... I just want to rescue them from that Tom's Diner backdrop!! (sorry, its personal :P)
#7May 15th, 2011 · 03:00 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: DENIS WROTE :
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
IT

It was meant as a track for you to hear how it went, this is not to be worked with.

It's just the same as you getting up and playing guitar to a groovy backdrop, it's something you enjoy.
I like the fact that I wrote this and that I can 'put it this way'   ;)

Yes I can work with it.  My initial instinct is to have something modern sounding unconventional, purely to go with your voice tone/style. But equally a simple acoustic track would work, so perhaps an acoustic guitar with a little percussion thrown in.

I'm not sure what software I have for modern beats, but I suppose I could find some somewhere.

I've sorted out my Cubase problem yesterday, it was the reverence reverb plug-in putting too much strain on the CPU even though I have quite a new dual core PC, perhaps there is an update on the plug-in since it's nice.
Also need to find a nice keyboard sound to go with your voice, unless you have already come across something that you like?
#8May 15th, 2011 · 08:28 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: re: re: DENIS WROTE :
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
IT

Yes I can work with it.  My initial instinct is to have something modern sounding unconventional, purely to go with your voice tone/style. But equally a simple acoustic track would work, so perhaps an acoustic guitar with a little percussion thrown in.

I'm not sure what software I have for modern beats, but I suppose I could find some somewhere.

I've sorted out my Cubase problem yesterday, it was the reverence reverb plug-in putting too much strain on the CPU even though I have quite a new dual core PC, perhaps there is an update on the plug-in since it's nice.
Also need to find a nice keyboard sound to go with your voice, unless you have already come across something that you like?
I like the idea of a 'simple' acoustic guitar ... and it might not have to have a direct resemblance to the vocal melody.
I can relate to what Minds (sorry will have to get used to calling you Child or something!) says about there being too much Suzanne Vega going on in the verses ... though on the textual/lyrical side of the story it does make sense and the chorus has a very different melody.

Modern beats .... maybe, I can imagine a slow solid beat.
I can imagine a slightly choppy verse breaking out into a faster and wider chorus, (strings, rhythm guitar, harmonies)  

Vsts can be buggers, if you have one that is badly programmed it can overload your whole system.
You can build your own vsts using specially designed software.
So which ASIO are you using now? The driver that came with the Delta did not work as well as the Full Duplex in my system. So I trend to use my creative card still.
#9May 15th, 2011 · 09:52 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: re: re: DENIS WROTE :
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
IT

I like the idea of a 'simple' acoustic guitar ... and it might not have to have a direct resemblance to the vocal melody.
I can relate to what Minds (sorry will have to get used to calling you Child or something!) says about there being too much Suzanne Vega going on in the verses ... though on the textual/lyrical side of the story it does make sense and the chorus has a very different melody.

Modern beats .... maybe, I can imagine a slow solid beat.
I can imagine a slightly choppy verse breaking out into a faster and wider chorus, (strings, rhythm guitar, harmonies)  

Vsts can be buggers, if you have one that is badly programmed it can overload your whole system.
You can build your own vsts using specially designed software.
So which ASIO are you using now? The driver that came with the Delta did not work as well as the Full Duplex in my system. So I trend to use my creative card still.

Could try an Acoustic one first, I'll have a look to see if I can find some nice sounds too
The full Duplex I couldn't find how to alter the buffer, but the Delta is OK, at 256 the latency is about 6m/sec, which I believe is the point where it would start to be noticeable.
Also, found a you tube tutorial a guy puts all his effect in sends, uses less CPU, so will try that.
#10May 15th, 2011 · 02:31 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
re: re: re: re: re: DENIS WROTE :
Could try an Acoustic one first, I'll have a look to see if I can find some nice sounds too
The full Duplex I couldn't find how to alter the buffer, but the Delta is OK, at 256 the latency is about 6m/sec, which I believe is the point where it would start to be noticeable.
Also, found a you tube tutorial a guy puts all his effect in sends, uses less CPU, so will try that.[/quote]

create an effect track , and send whatever track to it saves a lot of space indeed denis, and did you ever try ASIO4ALL as driver? its free and works great.

Oh.., great voice kings, nice words and melody, but i keep hearing Suzanne :P
some rhytm and chords would be great , hope it works out well
#11May 15th, 2011 · 06:32 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Into the Blue
you a very Wordy man .....
and i love that .....
great to hear your voice giving your words the true weight u intend...
now that is rare!!!
Great gift u have
Story teller ..........
Thanks

Fish
#12May 16th, 2011 · 04:02 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Iīm with Swordie about your voice : you really should do more with this īnatural gift `. Your talentīs lieing waste, somehow. You can play git, sing, write, work on sofwareprograms to produce ya stuff.
But the only thing you do is singing "into open skies" high above passers.............  
Iīd like to hear " Kings , the musician" sometimes additional to " Kings, the wordsmith". 
For my understanding itīs logical when youīd make songs of ya lyrics. This way you can be sure, your words
arenīt wasted, forgotten, overseen and "not lead to its destination".
Just a few thoughts of mine............................................. 
U . L . I .
#13May 21st, 2011 · 06:11 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Thanks all for comments ... hmm spoken .. sung ? I'll stick to sung at the moment.

ULI thank for your thoughts ... you are right but as you are finding out now,  learning how to use all this technology we have at hand and then actually create something takes ... days, nights ... weeks....years!
Ironically I have to work my ass off now because I did take the time then to suss out how all that stuff worked.
And by the time I get round to doing something it will have all changed again  
#14May 22nd, 2011 · 04:04 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
kings wrote…
ULI thank for your thoughts ... you are right but as you are finding out now,  learning how to use all this technology we have at hand and then actually create something takes ... days, nights ... weeks....years!
Ironically I have to work my ass off now because I did take the time then to suss out how all that stuff worked.
And by the time I get round to doing something it will have all changed again   ;)
Forsooth!
A day/life is too short to do all the things someone should/ would / could do.
Contrary we humans waste so much (life)-time with senseless things sometimes.....................................sigh............
Especially when weīre young....................seufz..............
#15June 12th, 2011 · 11:21 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I always enjoy your voice Kings always a pleasant experience...This one a a great feel to it...Hope to here it soon with music!!!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:25 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.