1 2

#1February 23rd, 2011 · 02:43 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Back to the Seed (demo)

This song is not in a battle

This is "Faith" (in case you remember it).

DON'T LISTEN TO WHAT'S ON THE BANDAMP PLAYER.

Since the BandAMP player don't allow files bigger than 10mb I has to use another player.
The song is 15:40 mins long. Sorry for it, but I guess you will find some very interesting parts, specially in the end.

Here's the link to listen to it: http://soundcloud.com/iszil/iszil-back-to-the-seed-demo

This is the whole composition missing the vocals and solos.

I want to know what you think of this as it is now before starting with the final step, which is becoming a bit more tricky than what I expected.

> Iszil

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 23rd, 2011 · 05:20 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Hello Iszil.  This is in my humble opinion one of the best tracks Ive ever heard here on the amp.   Seriously, I thought Id get bored with it without the vocal and/or guitar solo, but the piece as it stands now held me all the way through. WOW!
Awesome job.  Production and mix was great,  Music was tight across the board.
"We're not Worthy, We're not Worthy"
Cant wait to hear it finished.
.....Impressed Skunk
#3February 23rd, 2011 · 06:46 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Thank you, Skunk. I feel flattered.
I'm writing the lyrics at the moment, which are based on a tale by the cuban Alejo Carpentier called "Journey to the Seed", the story about the lifetime of a man told backwards (it's marvelous literature).
It's really difficult to make decent lyrics out of it but I'm trying to do my best.
I hope I finish the song soon.
Cheers.

> Iszil
#4February 24th, 2011 · 01:15 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Reviewed on ´cloud`..............Impressed .............frightening goooooood.
A question : I´m sensing so many influences of 70s "Deutschrock " / "Krautrock " -Bands like "Frumpy " ,
"Atlantis " (4´30- 6´30) ; european bands like "Ekzeption " (NL) , "Gong" , " Brand X " , some "Zappa " and        " RTF " , and many , many more . Where did you get all this influences ? Did ya parents listen to stuff like this ?
You´re a relativly young man , so it´s lil surprising to me that ya preferations aren´t in modern eletronocal styles or Hiphop or something like that .
I make a guess : you´re a music student and this track will become ya masterpiece ?!?! 
If you´re not , it´s still a masterpiece .    (Will be.....)
U.L.I.
Comare....

#5February 24th, 2011 · 02:22 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
From all those bands you named I only know Gong and Zappa. There rest, well, I guess I'll have to look them up since their look interesting by what you say.
My influences are mainly Rush, Yes, Genesis, Led Zeppelin, EL&P, Deep Purple, IQ, The Flower Kings, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree and many many more, but that gives you an idea.
And no, I'm not a music student. I was for 2 years but I quit. I'm just a guy who loves making prog music and tries to do it well.
Who got me into prog music was my uncle. Before that I only listened to The Beatles. From 6 to 13 my only band was The Beatles. After that I got classic and progressive rock. BTW, my dad started listening to bands like Rush or Led Zeppelin because of me. Funny, uh?
Anyways, thank you for the comments. I'm still working on this. Finished recording the solos. Now I have to finish writing the lyrics so I can start recording them.
Cheers.

> Iszil

PS: Watched the video. Dude, greaaaat song! Gosh, I love hammonds!... wait, I guess you can tell that from listening to my songs hahahahha.
#6February 24th, 2011 · 02:32 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
My influences
Yeah , all the bands ya mentioned were THE influencing bands at that era . They just didn´t come into my mind .
(sigh.......growing old slowly )   but I´ve meant all these bands .
And  indeed it´s funny that ya ´infected `ya dad with this stuff , hehe.  ( reversed education)
#7February 24th, 2011 · 02:26 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Listened again.   I definitely hear the Rush, Yes, Genesis ELP etc influences in this track. Especially Rush.
A great Prog-Rock-Operatic song with nicely transitioned "movements". that will be great music for the Lyrics, since you plan telling a story over time.
Frighteningly Gooooood as ULI said. 
Once again,  Great Job.  Much respect...SA
#8February 24th, 2011 · 02:47 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
ok . I listened to this work on soundcloud. First off I am a bit diappointed you published this as a demo without having finished (missing vocals and soli). I can wink at that... but as I realized that you faded out and did not come to an end I was really disappointed.

Man, your developments in this work are incredible and your musical mind is so mondial.

please finish it and make a huge ending. This work deserves it. Now it's up to you.

Chapeau!

edit:
forgot sth to say: the organ solo is very midi, isnt it?
#9February 24th, 2011 · 02:48 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
@ULI: you can press any key on that organ, it always makes a good tone!
#10February 24th, 2011 · 02:53 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
ok . I listened to this work on soundcloud. First off I am a bit diappointed you published this as a demo without having finished (missing vocals and soli). I can wink at that... but as I realized that you faded out and did not come to an end I was really disappointed.

Man, your developments in this work are incredible and your musical mind is so mondial.

please finish it and make a huge ending. This work deserves it. Now it's up to you.

Chapeau!

I have to disagree with you there, TK. I think the fade out was the most proper ending for it. I'm aware that you are not a big fan of that but somehow I felt it fit in the song. You know, it's the same melody from the beginning repeating and disappearing over time... I like it like that.

About posting it as a demo first, it's just to make sure the mix is fine before showing the final result. I'm still not very confident with my mixing skills so I have to ask for advice. Just that.

Well, thanks for the comments.
Cheers.

> Iszil
#11February 24th, 2011 · 07:24 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
This are the lyrics I just wrote. Probably I'll go tomorrow to a friend of friend's studio to record them.

The walls woke up and rose
Portraits hanging in their frames
The roof climbed back to the top
The house stood tall again

The mess surrounding them
The shards once broken and lost
Were joining their pieces again
Fixing what chaos destroyed

The pale old man just moved
After an endless still
The woman's cheeks once flooded
Now felt dry and clean

The beards of the dying candles
Climbed back to their shining heights
The man exhaled a breath
And finally opened his eyes

Letters turned back into ink
Tall trees lost few of their rings
Lust grew inside him on more time
His woman made him feel like a man

Girl, I need my time
To know I'm not just a man
Freedom is my guide and goal
I can hear the wind's call, call, oh call

I need my space, leave me alone
Don't talk to me, I'm in control
I'll be in my room, don't need the sun
I'm a grown up, now I understand

Mom is here, I'm not alone
I have no worries, she's in control
Birds are singing, I see the sun
The world is pretty and I feel fine

Don't need the light
Don't need a name
I don't know cold
I don't know pain

Here there's no time
Here there's no shame
Me and the universe
Now are the same

Now are the same
Now are the same
Now are the same
#12February 24th, 2011 · 07:26 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
TritonKeyboarder wrote…

Chapeau!

edit:
forgot sth to say: the organ solo is very midi, isnt it?

Oh yeah, I was waiting for someone to say that. I'll work on that. I had thought it was me being too picky but yeah, you are totally right.
#13February 25th, 2011 · 10:52 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Started listening about 6 times .... listened at least twice ..... still need the time to take it all in.
You've already posted parts of it before...it sounds familiar.... another total epic.... totally
Again for someone who states they see no point in lyrics you write really excellent texts ..... I suppose you just have to be able too if your such a totally talented artist !
You're one in a million Iz.

Love the idea of living backwards.....it's also a Druidic way of thinking.
So you lay things out for your self and pick them up as you travel your path.....but you've got to listen to hear !  
#14February 25th, 2011 · 11:54 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
That's some really great work (in progress)! If you do not become a professional artist.... Well ofcourse talent is one thing, now you need to market yourself, get a band, play festivals, sell merchandise, show up on every google search... You MUST become famous -

a just a little comment on the mix. Play with panning more - only thing I'm hearing in stereo is the drums and some reverbs and chorus effects - ah so there's an organ coming from the left but don't be shy to draw panning stronger left and right for some instrumentals. Will do wonders. Otherwise it's really well mixed, am looking forward to the finished product!

And yeah.. not too sure fading out the is better option, maybe if this will be the album closer (as some kind of cliffhanger... hehehe)

cheers!
#15February 25th, 2011 · 02:08 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
@Kings: Well, I guess If I am writing lyrics for a song like this I have to make them properly. The thing is since I based them on a tale I took some of the ideas and phrases and adapted them for the song. Maybe that's why they look good.

@PX: I'll try that about the panning making it a bit more "extreme" and see how it goes.
About the fading out, this is indeed the album closer and I don't know, I just feel it has to end like this. Making an abrupt ending wouldn't close the idea, in my opinion, and I want to give the whole album a proper ending.

Thank you guys for the comments.

> Iszil
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 12:43 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.