#1February 21st, 2011 · 04:24 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
In a Sleepless Hour redux

This song is not in a battle

Created with iPod nanostudio, and nothing else!

Little gadget is a dream come true. I created this mix of one of my early tracks with it, using on-the-fly vocal samples to bring this all-electronic track alive a bit. An older version (with my then-live rig) is here for comparison.

Anyways, hope you enjoy.

cheers!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 21st, 2011 · 08:44 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: In a Sleepless Hour redux
PuppetXeno wrote…

Little gadget is a dream come true. I created this mix of one of my early tracks with it, using on-the-fly vocal samples to bring this all-electronic track alive a bit. An older version (with my then-live rig) is here for comparison.

Anyways, hope you enjoy.

cheers!

music creation on the fly???? fast
or did it take time????

the world is collapsing

haha       

technofish
#3February 22nd, 2011 · 01:57 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: re: In a Sleepless Hour redux
swordfish wrote…
PuppetXeno wrote…

Anyways, hope you enjoy.

cheers!

music creation on the fly???? fast
or did it take time????

the world is collapsing

haha       

technofish

Didn't take long at all, the app makes for really quick and intuitive track creation and arranging. I've made this during breaks at work, and a little bit when I got home (on one day).
#4February 22nd, 2011 · 04:19 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
I compared with ya original track and must assert : There´s no comparison ! Is so much reverb .
"Nano studio" seems to be a very good tool(toy) to make a note of ideas . to sketch something or disport ..
But I don´t think it´s made to create professional productions .
Just interresting to see how fast and effective one can work with it.
Just interresting to compare with a decent produced piece .
U . L . I .
#5February 22nd, 2011 · 06:56 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ULI wrote…
I compared with ya original track and must assert : There�s no comparison ! Is so much reverb .
"Nano studio" seems to be a very good tool(toy) to make a note of ideas . to sketch something or disport ..
But I don�t think it�s made to create professional productions .
Just interresting to see how fast and effective one can work with it.
Just interresting to compare with a decent produced piece .
U . L . I .

Nah there is no 1:1 comparison, other than both tracks are based on the same original (which I didn't upload) Yes the nanostudio has severe limitations ofcourse, but 4 polyphonic sampling synths, a sampling drum machine and sequencer fitting in your pocket for £8.99 --- can hardly call that a bad deal. I'll upload another track with less reverb when I'm home, may be a better quality, as I did intentionally aim for a lofi sound right here.

But yeah its for sketching ideas quickly etc.. with the sampling function this ll be interesting on certain bar nights... :P
#6February 22nd, 2011 · 10:28 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I must agree on the reverb, it's like a massive sound coming through tiny speakers.
It's a good song, that has been established many moons ago.....
I followed the link....I dont have an iPhod..... but that app looks amazing, it's a whole studio.
So how did you get the audio out? Can you save it as an audio file and upload it to your pc?

If / when I do get one I think I'll be going for the http://www.reactable.com/introducing-reactable-mobile/ .......
as well as a nanostudio   

Excellent for getting ideas out quickly where ever you are, like the pen and paper we used to know so well!
#7February 22nd, 2011 · 11:53 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
I must agree on the reverb, it's like a massive sound coming through tiny speakers.
It's a good song, that has been established many moons ago.....
I followed the link....I dont have an iPhod..... but that app looks amazing, it's a whole studio.
So how did you get the audio out? Can you save it as an audio file and upload it to your pc?

If / when I do get one I think I'll be going for the http://www.reactable.com/introducing-reactable-mobile/ .......
as well as a nanostudio   

Excellent for getting ideas out quickly where ever you are, like the pen and paper we used to know so well!

Getting the audio out is very simple: there's a little dowload on the official site called nanosync, and on the device one can enable a wireless connection via one's wireless network that way. Easy to get the mixdowns from the device, or upload samples or what have you and converting the .wav via the conventional way... Voila!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 1:51 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.