371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Mother - AMP COVER
In collaboration with: kings, TritonKeyboarder, Marino
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 13 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2010-11

It gives me great pleasure to upload a collaboration of this Pink Floyd Rendition,  from some the most respected members here on bandAMP. It's been amazing working with these guys, they are so so busy, yet able to perform to an excellent standard.

Denis (Son) - 6 & 12 String acoustic Guitars, Bass, Lead & Harmony Vocals
TritonKeyboarder (Father) All Keyboards (3 tracks)
kings (Mother ) Vocals
Marino (Uncle) Electric Guitar Solo

PLEASE VOTE IT'S IN THE BATTLE

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 23rd, 2010 · 04:02 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Stunning. Brilliant. Amazing. I freaking love this song. VERY nicely rated.
You guys did a great job on this. excellent solo marino. you may be no david gilmour but you sort of made it your own. That goes the same for the rest of you. you took the piece and made it into something that you could feel. Excellent instrumentation and dang TK im loving those keyboard tones. Denis did you program the drums as well? Excellent vox and I was loving the guitar and the bass tone. nice "mother" vox kings! 

All in all this was just another brick in the wall. EXCELLENT JOB!!!!! very very nicely voted and rated.

im going to see Roger Waters the Wall Live on November 27th and i cant wait!!
#3October 23rd, 2010 · 06:57 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice work guys...Deff gets a good vote from me
#4October 24th, 2010 · 01:02 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
HOLY CRAP AWESOME!

The keyboard tones are perfect, and denis an kings your vox are spot on, it's so awesome I don't even know what to say!
#5October 24th, 2010 · 02:42 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TheKunadiun wrote…
Stunning. Brilliant. Amazing. I freaking love this song. VERY nicely rated.
You guys did a great job on this. excellent solo marino. you may be no david gilmour but you sort of made it your own. That goes the same for the rest of you. you took the piece and made it into something that you could feel. Excellent instrumentation and dang TK im loving those keyboard tones. Denis did you program the drums as well? Excellent vox and I was loving the guitar and the bass tone. nice "mother" vox kings! 

All in all this was just another brick in the wall. EXCELLENT JOB!!!!! very very nicely voted and rated.

im going to see Roger Waters the Wall Live on November 27th and i cant wait!! :D

Thanks K,
The drums are from  Vintage EzDrummer. It took me some time to lay it down, simply of the different unusual time signatures, like 5/4,  9/8 etc. But the rhythms are quite easy, I wanted to keep it simple, otherwise it would have sounded to much like a drum machine, although I could have put in some little fills and even vary the rhythms to make it sound realistic, I had to brighten the snare and take some bottom off the bass drum. Not forgetting the little role at the end, that was easy peasy
Nice to see  Roger Waters bashing 'em out again, I wonder how old he is?
#6October 24th, 2010 · 03:46 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Fine work , boys !
Voices are very near to the original version .
TK s organ & piano sounds are really, really brilliant ( B3 is not to beat)
Marino´s git-solo is superb .Expressive , passionate & powerful.
Denis´ rhythm-section is done perfectly .
Some notices to the mix: For my personal taste the rhythm-section (ac-git , bass ,drums) could be raised up
a bit in the mix. I think the vox are a bit too dominant in relation to the rest of instruments .I would try
to "embed" the vox  more into the whole music as a well balanced ensemble.
Aside my individual suggestions it´s a perfect piece of wasted time    

non-Floyd-fan   .......................   U . L .I.
#7October 24th, 2010 · 04:02 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Well all I have to say is that this turned out to be a real productive and fun collab.Kudos to Denis,Kings and TK for a superb and impressive job.. I'm humbled to have participated and I'm grateful for the opportunity to work with such great talent! Cheers guys!
#8October 24th, 2010 · 05:02 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Fine work , boys !
Voices are very near to the original version .
TK s organ & piano sounds are really, really brilliant ( B3 is not to beat)
Marino�s git-solo is superb .Expressive , passionate & powerful.
Denis� rhythm-section is done perfectly .
Some notices to the mix: For my personal taste the rhythm-section (ac-git , bass ,drums) could be raised up
a bit in the mix. I think the vox are a bit too dominant in relation to the rest of instruments .I would try
to "embed" the vox  more into the whole music as a well balanced ensemble.
Aside my individual suggestions it�s a perfect piece of wasted time    

non-Floyd-fan   .......................   U . L .I.

Floyd tracks need to be played loud, try it then review the mix again
#9October 24th, 2010 · 03:52 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Mateys ............... DENIS .... FANTASTIC JOB
OOOoooBabe

Loving every bit of it ... nice and loud as it should be.....and then do it all again lol

Yer Mother says they might drop a few bombs the bastards but they'll LOVE your song.

Referring to an earlier message from God: That's a BIG feeling you have up there .... and there's only a few of us but we're still here and doing it !
#10October 24th, 2010 · 10:05 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
Great work guys, very well done.

I think the song should have been recorded at a little bit faster tempo. The vocals are out of time in places and seem to lose rhythm during the breaks and sound as they're sort of 'waiting' for the rest of the music to catch up. It's only small and in some places but since the vocals are so loud and upfront in the mix it is quite noticeable.

About the mix, yeah I think the vocals are too upfront and loud, the heavy compression is making the vocals too loud in the verses.

The tone of everything is just remarkable, other than the vox the mix is absolutely perfect. The guitars, guitar solo, bass, drums and keys are just perfect.

hehe, bit of m.jagger at 1:55.

Voted.
#11October 25th, 2010 · 02:41 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Chill wrote…
Great work guys, very well done.

I think the song should have been recorded at a little bit faster tempo. The vocals are out of time in places and seem to lose rhythm during the breaks and sound as they're sort of 'waiting' for the rest of the music to catch up. It's only small and in some places but since the vocals are so loud and upfront in the mix it is quite noticeable.

About the mix, yeah I think the vocals are too upfront and loud, the heavy compression is making the vocals too loud in the verses.

The tone of everything is just remarkable, other than the vox the mix is absolutely perfect. The guitars, guitar solo, bass, drums and keys are just perfect.

hehe, bit of m.jagger at 1:55.

Voted.

Did you listen to the whole song, hense the dynamic range is vast. There is only a small amount of compression in the entire mix, plus a limiter with about 3Db of gain. If you listen to the original, the mix is similar. This song sounds better played loud, or indeed the whole PF Album sounds better loud, simpley to appreciate the dynamics. When I purchased the album at it's launch, I did not like it, but the more I played it the more I liked it, especially when I turned it up to the extent I could feel the bass, it was then I appreciated the mix/dynamics of the album, afterwhich I could not stop playing it, everytime I played it I learnt something more about the album.
#12October 25th, 2010 · 09:17 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
An amazing cover of this Floyd anthem. Very heart-warming and impressive (at the same time) to hear friends contributing their very solid skills here.
#13October 25th, 2010 · 11:08 AM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
WOW GUYS!!!
This is simply Awesome..  wish I had known the final to
it had been uploaded, I would have waited about putting
another cover up...  you guys really hit it square!!!!  I'm
just sitting here playing it over and over!! I'm a Floyd Fan
anyway... I know, very few aren't floyd fans!!

But you guys sure did it justice, no doubt!!

Peace and Blessings,

Bluey
#14October 25th, 2010 · 02:10 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
I just gotta say, the vocals sound a tiny bit plastic with all the FX on them, but perhaps you intended that sort of effect.
#15October 25th, 2010 · 05:19 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
thebigguyconnor wrote…
I just gotta say, the vocals sound a tiny bit plastic with all the FX on them, but perhaps you intended that sort of effect.
I didn't really add much effects to the vox, just layered them once, reverb and small amount of compression. The original has been layered several time to give it's effects, plus the equipment they used must be the best, although I think they used tape to layer them or may have simply sung it once or twice, which is the best way, all I did was to move the layered track by about .15ms, that's probably why it sounds metallic?
Quite interestingly I've just purchased a Ribbon mic, you would love it - it has a full warm vintage sound, I must try it on vox one day, that will probably get somewhere near the Floyd vocal sound, It's awesome, I got a real bargain they are retailing for £359.00 and I only paid £100.00 for it. it's called a Samson VR88, only limited production, what a shame it's one of only few ribbon mics that work with Phantom power, hence Ribbons need a lot of gain, the phantom gives it similar output to a condenser, at least I think there may be other ones with phantom power.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 6:35 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.