#1September 17th, 2010 · 03:39 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
SULTAN (remix)

This song is not in a battle

Our gifted Marino noticed too much compression in the first version. He was right I mistakenly had drum compression for the master output. As all the tracks were already compressed from the original recording, in this version I just added enough limiter to bring up the levels without saturating the mix. No further compression has been added. Let me know what you think
This is a link to the first version.
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8208.html

Cheers

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 17th, 2010 · 02:30 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Perfect mixdown , in my old ears.
Anywhere you wrote , you´re using a ´yamaha PSR keyboard, if I remember correctly.
I´m using a ´MO 6`synth which is a complete workstation with a lot of orientalic instruments & percussions  
in high quality onboard. The arpeggiator generates more than 1700 !! arpeggios. Very inspiring tool.
16 track seqeuncer, step sequencer & more technical features ( too complicated for me )
Many HQ drum kits & patterns you can manipulate in any direction . Maybe you might think about to do the next step to expand your possibilities to use different sounds ( just an idea ) 
                           U.L.I.
#3September 17th, 2010 · 02:50 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Perfect mixdown , in my old ears.
Anywhere you wrote , you�re using a �yamaha PSR keyboard, if I remember correctly.
I�m using a �MO 6`synth which is a complete workstation with a lot of orientalic instruments & percussions  
in high quality onboard. The arpeggiator generates more than 1700 !! arpeggios. Very inspiring tool.
16 track seqeuncer, step sequencer & more technical features ( too complicated for me )
Many HQ drum kits & patterns you can manipulate in any direction . Maybe you might think about to do the next step to expand your possibilities to use different sounds ( just an idea ) 
                           U.L.I.

Yeah I do have a PSR, but have a Roland JV 1080 synth module that I put it through it, The sounds are amazing, I haven't done that much with it really, strings, horns, pads piano that sort of thing.
I will eventually upgrade my PC and go that route I think, although I read somewhere that you get a better sound from an actual synth, so I'll keep my options open

Nothing wrong with mature old ears   
#4September 17th, 2010 · 11:39 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
yup Denis this is one tight production my friend....Love this track a lot....
#5September 18th, 2010 · 03:00 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
yup Denis this is one tight production my friend....Love this track a lot....

Thanks,  I think I must have been too wrapped up in the editing of it, don't normally produce songs in that way. I must have originally selected drum compression for the percussion, but did not allocate it to the correct channel.

In my observation the overall dynamics have improved in this mix, the instruments are more defined, especially the acoustic guitar, you can hear the subtle harmonics better.

Thanks for your observations M, your ears are the BEST 
#6September 21st, 2010 · 10:15 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
denis mate
Lovely piece  Denis very atmospheric uplifting transported me and carried away
Your recording and production chops come to the fore  the recording of the guitars is perfect and your playing excellent.
I hope you are doing well and getting some of your music out there.

In Oz you might like to send to

http://www.sbs.com.au/shows/chill/about/page/i/1/show/chill

link to sbs chill DAB

hugs
greg
#7September 22nd, 2010 · 03:24 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United States of America
Sorry I didn't see this one first.  Lovely.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:55 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.