#1September 14th, 2010 · 10:29 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
SULTAN

This song is not in a battle

I've got Turkish Roots, My Mum & Dad Are both Turkish Cypriot, my Mums Grand Father was form Sudan who was captured and sold as a Slave to a rich Turkish fellow, who treated him like one of the family.

I was brought up with Turkish culture, yet this is my first attempt at producing something with a Turkish feel.

I was really lucky and found this free Turkish female vocal loop (It was in the correct key and more or less the correct Bpm   ), recorded in a Cathedral, also found a nice percussion loop (not sure where it's from) but it sounds Turkish and finally two Gong loops.

Link to the vocal free sample : http://www.sonokinetic.net/products/classical/tigris-and-euphrates/
Gongs was found on http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=51837

This is Ottoman Sultan (From The Ottoman Empire)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 14th, 2010 · 01:03 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Hi denis.
A fine `Türk Halk Müziği`attitude. A little arabian, a little indian roots. vox loops fit very well.
And : your rec-quality improves more and more .Some of your older tracks seem to be a bit "fuzzy"
and overleveled.( in my speakers)   Don´t know the reason why.
Have  you ever tried to play traditional turkish or oriental instruments? Could be a new & interresting experience.
In this sence: Back to the roots, guys!!!!
                      U.L.I.
#3September 14th, 2010 · 01:12 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Hi denis.
A fine `T�rk Halk M�ziği`attitude. A little arabian, a little indian roots. vox loops fit very well.
And : your rec-quality improves more and more .Some of your older tracks seem to be a bit "fuzzy"
and overleveled.( in my speakers)   Don�t know the reason why.
Have  you ever tried to play traditional turkish or oriental instruments? Could be a new & interresting experience.
In this sence: Back to the roots, guys!!!!
                      U.L.I.

Yeah I've learned a lot about recording techniques over the last year or so, I enjoy experimenting and researching, not to mention the help I've had on bandAMP.

I will one day get a SUZ or similar instrument, I also like the Turkish sort of Oboe instrument, called a Zurna - it has a great sound
#4September 14th, 2010 · 04:08 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
LOVE IT!
I've always loved the middle east music (some of that love in "Velvet Feathers") and this is totally enjoyable for me. Love the percussion and the guitar sound and, of course, the whole harmony of the song.
I'll be waiting for a final version with a "suz".
Great tune.

> Iszil
#5September 15th, 2010 · 04:45 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Denis,  this is great!!  Love the mix and overall feel!  *****5 STAR*****RATING
#6September 16th, 2010 · 07:30 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Nice
Hello, this is very nice, I love the middle eastern style alot, very well done and great choice of scales. byzentine or harmonic minor? Spanish phyrigian maybe.. hard to decipher those..
Good production and awesome use of ambience. Love the vocal samples
#7September 16th, 2010 · 09:02 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Wohoo Denis this rules what else can I say...Something seems over compressed at times but Im not sure what it is...Sounds a bit preasured down..Totally awesome arrengement...Man you rule!!!!
#8September 17th, 2010 · 03:00 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Wohoo Denis this rules what else can I say...Something seems over compressed at times but Im not sure what it is...Sounds a bit preasured down..Totally awesome arrengement...Man you rule!!!!

I'll check the compression out, I mastered it in FL,  then edited it in Adobe Audition. I may have added too much compression on the master output??, or the wrong type.

Thanks observasion.
#9September 22nd, 2010 · 03:13 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United States of America
This sounded pretty tasty to me.  I thought the different instruments fit together nicely to create a comfortable vibe, like strolling leisurely through a bazaar.  Could work as a soundtrack.

(This is my first review here, and my first post here too.)
#10September 22nd, 2010 · 03:27 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
this is more and more Denis. Wonderful
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.