1 2
#16August 30th, 2005 · 10:47 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
lol today has been a funny day on bandamp. Maybe it's the laughter in the midst of chaos,
My heart goes out to everyone in the path of Hurricaine Katrina
I myself live on the southeast coast of US and I've been there. God bless you.

On a more happier note, more to your point BT- Classics are classics for a reason, heh?

And if I hear a song on here about laughing in the midst of chaos, I'll be suing for copyright. lol
#17August 30th, 2005 · 10:52 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
I'll be writing one for The Plague about chaos in the midst of laughter. And I'll get K-Os to come and do guest vocals. But you know, I'll thank you at the Grammys... for relinquishing Creative Control.
#18August 30th, 2005 · 10:58 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hehe, i've had a good time too 

i've never lived on the east or south coast, but i'm usually close enough to feel some of the storm.. i also express the simpathy.

The Plague is going to be all the rage, yo.

Amused is going to get all excited when he sees his song has 17 + replies, and and then he finds out that most of them have nothing to do with his song.

go team 
#19August 30th, 2005 · 11:00 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
yo, yo
I will never relinquish CREATIVE CONTROL
Seriously, the not everyone's a musician thread must be buried.
#20August 30th, 2005 · 11:06 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
that's, uh..  "everyone's a musician"...     i think we've been the sad targets of sarcasm of some form

you're a funny girl :P i wish there were more like you out here, haha.  then i wouldn't have to rely on the internet to get my laughs during the day
#21August 30th, 2005 · 11:08 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
From the way you post I think you get more than enough from the internet
#22August 30th, 2005 · 11:14 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Sorry, Amused, I will stop.
In all fairness, I like your Pink Floyd style. I believe if English was your first language that the pain in the lyrics would show through more creatively~That being said, I am assuming English is not your first language by your flag and forgive my "Americanness" for not knowing what country it is: Romania?
#23August 30th, 2005 · 12:33 PM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
AAAAAAAAAAArrgh ;-)
I found it very funny to read all your posts! really. Maybe it's good that English wasn't my first language because otherwise i would have understand all the ironic and sarcasm in your posts. So I'm not too bothered won't delete my account won't buy me a rope nor uses it to hang me up ;-). No joke, I really like you crazy people here at bandamp.  And I'm really sorry that i wasn't born in a English speaking country. Maybe I should sing in my mother tongue but i don't really like it, so sorry for my lyrics I try my best...  and for all of you - especially the American guys ;-) - who don't know my flag - I'm German
#24August 30th, 2005 · 01:22 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Extremely Sorry
I was confused earlier, I know the German flag.
I am not an American guy, however. I am an American girl (though many have been confused by my "I can hang with the guys exterior". ha!)
And the posts are more from an inside joke from another post which I will not tell you the name because IT MUST DIE
Please don't be sorry for your lyrics. Your lyrics aren't bad. If you want to sing in English, I do suggest you use an English Thesaurus and use simple tools like, i.e., my personal signature, alliteration.
Alliteration can make a simple phrase come alive and seem more interesting than it normally would, even without the use of rhyme. And there are many other lyrical tools you can use. I honestly believe your lyrics were not bad. Maybe, and I'm not an expert, they would have been pulled off successfully with a different style of music.
Entheon-any other sugestions?
#25August 31st, 2005 · 03:45 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
alliteration animates anaemic assertions
#26December 25th, 2005 · 01:47 AM
13 threads / 12 songs
37 posts
Israel
liked the lyrics, try putting an effect on the organ next time, maybe a little reverb or echo would go a long way
#27March 11th, 2006 · 03:46 PM
21 posts
United States of America
The guitar is a little overpowering at moments. The whispering adds a whole new dimension to the song, giving it an oddly darker feel. Sometimes, I felt everything didn't hit quite right, but then again, that may have been what you were going for. Drums would make the song 800% more entertaining.
#28June 1st, 2006 · 01:58 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
hhmm
I don't like the tone of the lowest freuqency; too bassy. Muddy, that's it. Drop some of the 400Hz freq. If I played this on a Bose set, I would blow out the woofers. It distorted my subwoofer.

Something's wrong with the bass guitar. Either it's not fully tuned, or it's just the overload of that 4ooHz freq. that's bothering me here. Vocals are very tonally unstable, if they were more solid, it would remind me of Robert Smith. I miss the drums.

What I'm hearing is that you mixed on speakers that are bassy by nature (like Bose) or you mixed with headphones. Either one will distort your mix on another set of speakers. Make Cds and go listen to it on any pair of speakers you can find-house speakers, car radios, boom boxes...I've done it when I didn't have mixing speakers. Most speakers aren't "flat" enough to mix with.

I  do appreciate the passion you're attempting to convey, and I think you have a lot of good work coming to you, because you're determined to play and write. The passion is everything, anyway. Nothing else even remotely matters. Devolp your style and good luck.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 5:47 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.