1 2
#16December 11th, 2010 · 06:51 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: re: Wallcrack
swordfish wrote…
repeatsville..............................

thought you passed this.............???

cool track...............of type.....

BUT

no panning

all middle of the road

no audio play ............... not like you

its a great track sonically tired ......... almost everything is in the middle
the only way to make this come alive is to surprise the ear

the sounds are there

the surprise is not

sorry to be a drag........

the fish

Well you above all should know that music is an organisation of sounds, and there are no rules on how one should organise the sounds, one is free to do this the way one sees fit. The subject of the lyrics are far from optimistic, it is about life being a drag, I've no idea how I should make a lively, happy, energetic tune out of that. What I did create was a whole bunch of layers and textures so that an active ear can go on and take a swim in the sounds, enjoying some harmonies here and there where they come up, otherwise just to absorb the atmosphere that this track sets - and if you think it's dull, well so be it. I myself never particularly enjoy anything that's in the top 40-s of popular radio music, deeming most of it juvenile, simplistic, dull, cheap, and often quite badly mixed (also setting horrible atmospheres and invoking really negative social attitudes in their target audiences).

I'm not saying this mix is perfect, it certainly isn't, but if you can't hear any panning, check your headphones, as they are obviously broken.

Cheers,
PX
#17December 12th, 2010 · 07:05 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: re: Wallcrack
PuppetXeno wrote…
swordfish wrote…
repeatsville..............................

thought you passed this.............???

cool track...............of type.....

BUT

no panning

all middle of the road

no audio play ............... not like you

its a great track sonically tired ......... almost everything is in the middle
the only way to make this come alive is to surprise the ear

the sounds are there

the surprise is not

sorry to be a drag........

the fish

Well you above all should know that music is an organisation of sounds, and there are no rules on how one should organise the sounds, one is free to do this the way one sees fit. The subject of the lyrics are far from optimistic, it is about life being a drag, I've no idea how I should make a lively, happy, energetic tune out of that. What I did create was a whole bunch of layers and textures so that an active ear can go on and take a swim in the sounds, enjoying some harmonies here and there where they come up, otherwise just to absorb the atmosphere that this track sets - and if you think it's dull, well so be it. I myself never particularly enjoy anything that's in the top 40-s of popular radio music, deeming most of it juvenile, simplistic, dull, cheap, and often quite badly mixed (also setting horrible atmospheres and invoking really negative social attitudes in their target audiences).

I'm not saying this mix is perfect, it certainly isn't, but if you can't hear any panning, check your headphones, as they are obviously broken.

Cheers,
PX

Doh its them muffs again!!!

#18December 14th, 2010 · 04:56 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
excellent. choices of sounds and layers.  I love the buried  vox. they really make you listen in on what's going on in the song. very cool idea and mixed with a good ear.
#19December 15th, 2010 · 01:12 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
How can one define this?
To me is like industrial electro-dance metal pop... if you can actually label it.
I really like the use of layers and dynamics here. Those synths are also on the right spot and the tremolo guitar creates an interesting atmosphere.
PX signature all over it. Good job.

> Iszil
#20December 16th, 2010 · 03:13 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Thanks guys New material coming soon.... Can't say exactly when but it's brewing...
#21December 23rd, 2010 · 08:24 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Music in layers ??  explain   hahahhaa
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:07 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.