1 2

#1August 31st, 2010 · 07:09 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Wallcrack

This song is not in a battle

Remixed version of this experimental track, which has become one of my personal favorites. Re-uploading as I have offered up this song for the BandAMP album, would be nice if people on the Amp could actually hear it up front

There may be some major mp3 conversion fluttering on the distorted parts, but the track I've offered to Denis is a .wav and doesn't have those flaws.

Upon auditioning this to myself, I realise I mix drums in a non-conventional way. They sustain and support rhythm but are far from dominant. No hard pounding bassdrums, no penetrating snares - they fullfill a role, entangled with the rest of the sounds, and it's become a very full, pressing sound indeed. All fits the subject really.

Hope you enjoy.

ps. wav version is here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5868997/Wallcrack.wav ... rick-click and "save as"... or click and download from quicktimeplayer if you have the pro version.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 31st, 2010 · 12:35 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Nicely polished and ethereal. You're right, the rhythms are not like "elephants pounding the earth" (to quote Iggy Pop) they are pleasantly/skillfully interwoven throughout the melody. This track will be a great addition to the cd!
#3August 31st, 2010 · 03:38 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hey Px this is bad ass...Totally caught in the layers and how its all woven together...Yup sounds awesome for the Amp 2 Cd....Very impressive....
#4August 31st, 2010 · 05:00 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice to have what I call unique and futeristic in the new Amp CD.
Would like to hear the vox a bit louder in the mix, other than that it's a great piece of music.
#5August 31st, 2010 · 10:26 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Very cool. I like what is going on with the guitars. The opening strum and the slide into the minor chord is really nice.

This might be one of my favorite tracks of yours!
#6August 31st, 2010 · 11:45 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Woah dude this is really awesome! Reminds me of apoptygma berzerk in lots of parts!
I love those vox you have in the background of everything! This is so stinking rocking!!!
Dude that was epic and spiriling and eerie and was just arghhh so awesome

Excellent stinking job definitly one of my favorites. heck yes for the amp vol 2.
#7September 23rd, 2010 · 02:15 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
A real 80´s synth-pop-avantgarde reminiscence.  Sunshiny , dancable all along .More ´new wave`than punk.
Capable for radio.
               U . L . I .
#8September 23rd, 2010 · 03:41 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Love love love the verses....ok vocals lowish in the mix but you like it like that, but I just love how each line is separated by the guitar chops...those 'burst' are so sexy!
This feels to my like a retro-punk take of some classic Russian piece, it must be the deep sweeping rhythm and that bell/plink synth and the cymbals.....
Would a guitar solo doing the same melody not do a better job than the Casio sound? I can understand the retroness of it but the rest of the track is sooo strong and a Casio is so ... plinky and pimelig !
Yes these albums are not complete without a PX track.
#9September 23rd, 2010 · 03:20 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United States of America
Nice percussion indeed.  All the parts fit together in a way that I found comfortable without being predictable.
#10October 2nd, 2010 · 09:07 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I think this is probably my favorite song of yours. Really liking the work here...Nice re-verb on the vocals. Very decent recording as well. Nice mix of the instruments...Good work PX

Nice rating
#11November 28th, 2010 · 04:22 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Hey, I missed this....

When did you record THIS one? Just want to know for myself. It's sub-urban somehow.
#12December 9th, 2010 · 05:37 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Hey, I missed this....

When did you record THIS one? Just want to know for myself. It's sub-urban somehow.

Hey.. It's a couple years old already, I just remixed it for the BandAMP CD - so in that regard it is a brand new mix. I'm planning on recording a lot of all new material soon though, when I finally get some time off from work. Plus I've been working with a new band beside UMF, and am planning on putting some structural demos together, some of which may be cool to post to BandAMP. So... watch this space..
#13December 9th, 2010 · 04:23 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
so glad to listen to this after workin a day on my 'happy tune',
your dark moods have been to much for me in the past sometimes, but this i cant hear enough and might go to my mp3 player, kinda like the distorted hihats etc
sometimes a guitar stroke gets me out of my dreaming, had to get used to that but love the effect now
well done compatriot 
#14December 9th, 2010 · 08:43 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
THIS ROCKS SO MUCH I CANT EXPLAIN!  I dig it so much i cant explain!

so chill an creepy and dirty and alternative and indie soundin its awesome
#15December 10th, 2010 · 07:24 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Wallcrack
PuppetXeno wrote…
Remixed version of this experimental track, which has become one of my personal favorites. Re-uploading as I have offered up this song for the BandAMP album, would be nice if people on the Amp could actually hear it up front

There may be some major mp3 conversion fluttering on the distorted parts, but the track I've offered to Denis is a .wav and doesn't have those flaws.

Upon auditioning this to myself, I realise I mix drums in a non-conventional way. They sustain and support rhythm but are far from dominant. No hard pounding bassdrums, no penetrating snares - they fullfill a role, entangled with the rest of the sounds, and it's become a very full, pressing sound indeed. All fits the subject really.

Hope you enjoy.

ps. wav version is here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5868997/Wallcrack.wav ... rick-click and "save as"... or click and download from quicktimeplayer if you have the pro version.

repeatsville..............................

thought you passed this.............???

cool track...............of type.....

BUT

no panning

all middle of the road

no audio play ............... not like you

its a great track sonically tired ......... almost everything is in the middle
the only way to make this come alive is to surprise the ear

the sounds are there

the surprise is not

sorry to be a drag........

the fish
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 7:48 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.