1 2

#1July 24th, 2005 · 01:13 PM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
Stuttered Lo-Fi
Score: 61.1%
Battle: 2005-08

Messing around in GarageBand, a dodgy, battered old acoustic and the built-in microphone from the Powerbook.  Oh and a stubby Oxygen keyboard.  No vocals yet.  Just listen for the whirr of the laptops fan on all the guitar tracks   especially on the lamentable guitar solo.  Have at!

©2000

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 24th, 2005 · 09:27 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
I have just a few things to say about the song:

The mixdown doesn't match well. I'm not sure if you were using loops for the drums and bass, but they didn't fit the guitar at all. The guitar sounded as if it came from another universe. Though, to be honest, I don't know if you're using a PowerBook G3 or G4, but, the built in mics on the G3 weren't the best thing in the world (I managed a few decent recordings, but EQ'd them to make them sound better).

I'd recommend either plugging your guitar directly into your mac and using the built in amp molds or running a line-in from your amp's output jack. The latter will probably require some compression, but it'll sound more natural with the song.

The music isn't bad at all, though. And I didn't hear the fan at all, then again it's 2:19am and I'm trying to keep the tune down so I don't get evicted from my apartment.

Other than that, I'd like to hear vocals for this - you've got potential, that much is obvious. How each track clashed against each other bothered me, though. But your talent is there. And for that, cheers mate. I hope I didn't sound harsh because I really enjoyed your song. Just trying to be helpful.
#3July 31st, 2005 · 09:17 PM
21 posts
United States of America
It's a good start to a song.  It just sounds a bit empty without vocals or some sort of leading melody.  Pretty impressive, especially considering the tools you used.
#4August 2nd, 2005 · 07:06 AM
34 posts
United Kingdom
I agree it needs some vocals but couldn't find a problem with the guitar and drum mixes. Digital drums suck so to say the drums don't fit the guitaring is a bit nit picky in my view as they are unlikely to fit unless you are very lucky or use actual drums with an actually drummer.
Its a very good song. Kinda arcadey but I like it.
#5August 2nd, 2005 · 07:30 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Omg this is AWESOME!!!

I WANNA MAKE STUFF LIKE THIS!!

Nice one!!

You gonna add vocals??

It kicks ass dude!! 

Reminds me of The Killers...It would be awesome with a singer.... In one of those drunken half talking voices.
#6August 2nd, 2005 · 07:42 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
i don't think the guitar is out of place... in fact i think it works quite well... that's just me though... if those are the laptop fans i'm hearing right now during the solo... they actually sound good... they compliment the music in a strange way... ok cool... keep rockin
#7August 2nd, 2005 · 09:23 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
24 posts
Canada
so considering that this was all made on garageband, i give you credit.  but the feel of the song is way too awkward.  i just don't know if the heavy guitar fits with the electronic backing beat.  but that's my own taste, so, if you like it, that's all that matters.  keep rocking.
#8August 4th, 2005 · 01:45 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
Dude, you got an awesome song here, but it needs vocals. VOCALS! The guitar with the elctro type goes well to me but without vocals it seems way too long and too repetitive. But the first 2 mins I was like, totally jammin'! And I have to agree, it does sound like something The Killers would do! lol Congrats on your amazing composition!
#9August 4th, 2005 · 02:17 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Punchbear! I started recording vocals for this today, even though you didn't reply to my PM...I hope you don't mind 

I have some awesome lyrics from a poem I wrote a few weeks ago. 

Pleeeeease PM me, I'd love to know your opinion on what I've done so far!

#10August 4th, 2005 · 04:09 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Very cool.  I like this kind of stuff a lot, and don't mind the lack of vocals.  Instrumental stuff is cool.  Listen to Joe Satriani?  Great stuff, very few songs with lyrics.  Sweet.  Keep it up!
#11August 6th, 2005 · 12:52 AM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
Sorry...
....just dropped off the radar there....cheers for all the positive feedback, very surprising considering the production values or absence thereof
I'll post something new as soon as my regular computer gets online again
#12August 7th, 2005 · 01:18 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Do the vocals for it. The rest I can only say it in german: "Fetter Sound, geil gemacht."
Two thumbs!
#13August 7th, 2005 · 03:00 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
Whip it good!
I love (Seriously) the way the begining sounds like Devo(Early 80s) Like the guitar sound. Nice concept-blending retro newave with grunge.
#14August 14th, 2005 · 02:51 PM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Do the vocals for it. The rest I can only say it in german: "Fetter Sound, geil gemacht."
Two thumbs!

Habe mir fast gedacht dass es sich ein bisschen Deutsch anhört aber kann ja auch dran liegen dass ich 4 Jahre dort gewohnt habe und mich an Geschmäcke und Trends dort angewöhnt habe..  singen geht nicht, meine Stimme ist beschissen aber Ideen habe ich noch.

Dankeschön Alda )
#15August 14th, 2005 · 02:59 PM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
PorcelainDoll wrote…
Punchbear! I started recording vocals for this today, even though you didn't reply to my PM...I hope you don't mind 

I have some awesome lyrics from a poem I wrote a few weeks ago. 

Pleeeeease PM me, I'd love to know your opinion on what I've done so far!
 :D

Howya PDoll,  send us what you've done, I've a few more tunes you might like to have a go at - dunno about pming here, it's a bit wobbly at the moment but if you want to mail me anything you've been working on, send it here:

punchbear@gmail.com

I'll try pming to again, see what the deal is.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 7:22 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.