#1June 14th, 2010 · 01:58 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
All Little Things_re-rec

This song is not in a battle

Re-recording of All the Little Things
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/7680.html

As suggested I changed the drums and I'm quite happy with em .
This is pre-vocals, rough guide of a mix done on headphones.
A lot of popping/crackling due to a lead of some sort I think , may re-record guitar parts when I can but I'm pretty happy with the takes :O).

I tried to add a bit to the song by a variant second guitar and some 'lead' to make it more interesting, as the basis of the song is essentially two chords. I worked slightly more on the dynamics here to build the song up as it goes. Hopefully vocals will add a lot to this song .

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 14th, 2010 · 03:03 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The rhythm guitars pan sounds really nice, Drums sound good.

Yeah it's ready for the Vox

I like it
#3June 15th, 2010 · 04:22 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: All Little Things_re-rec
aar0j wrote…
Re-recording of All the Little Things
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/7680.html

As suggested I changed the drums and I'm quite happy with em .
This is pre-vocals, rough guide of a mix done on headphones.
A lot of popping/crackling due to a lead of some sort I think , may re-record guitar parts when I can but I'm pretty happy with the takes :O).

I tried to add a bit to the song by a variant second guitar and some 'lead' to make it more interesting, as the basis of the song is essentially two chords. I worked slightly more on the dynamics here to build the song up as it goes. Hopefully vocals will add a lot to this song .

work in progress ........
nice feel
yep i heard a bit of crackle too but the soubd is great .........

how are you recording this .........
live with the band
or bedroom layers???

the drums sound great

interested fish

???
#4June 15th, 2010 · 07:21 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
shame about the crackling for some reason I didn't hear it during live recordings so I didn't know it was present until I played back the stem ;(

Drums are from EZDrummer (patterns and all) with a touch of EQ and compression on each track then a verb on the bus.
Bass was done through my Line 6 POD, post VST compression+EQ.

Throughout the whole song is a single finger picking guitar centered.
Left and Right are two guitar parts, first played with low dynamics then more aggressively throughout the second half the song for more drive. These three guitars have a bit of reverb on them.

I also put a layer of distortion on top of second half.
Two lead parts each panned hard left/right with delay and a layer of harmonics.

All guitars done through my Line 6 POD with same settings, just changed pickup and volume control on the guitar.
#5June 17th, 2010 · 03:13 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
aar0j wrote…
shame about the crackling for some reason I didn't hear it during live recordings so I didn't know it was present until I played back the stem ;(

Drums are from EZDrummer (patterns and all) with a touch of EQ and compression on each track then a verb on the bus.
Bass was done through my Line 6 POD, post VST compression+EQ.

Throughout the whole song is a single finger picking guitar centered.
Left and Right are two guitar parts, first played with low dynamics then more aggressively throughout the second half the song for more drive. These three guitars have a bit of reverb on them.

I also put a layer of distortion on top of second half.
Two lead parts each panned hard left/right with delay and a layer of harmonics.

All guitars done through my Line 6 POD with same settings, just changed pickup and volume control on the guitar.

Yeah nice work man, I too use EzDrummer, Line6 Bass and guitar pod, great gear init
Have you tried the Vintage kit on EzDrummer, it's AWESOME, the bass drum in particular is full and solid, I think on your track you are using the standard kit, which is still superb, I've also got the the Jazz kit, which is great for most of my music, Percussion again fantastic, Drums from hell, they speak for themselves...lol, just got Funkmaster, not that impressed with it.. as the vintage kit has great if not better for funk rhythms, so yeah Vintage Kit is a must IMO, I'm sure if you go on their website they have samples you can hear.
Can't wait to hear the vocal version!!
Keep it up
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 1:55 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.