#1June 10th, 2010 · 12:42 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
Song for Sound

This song is not in a battle

Well, I've recently just borrowed a guitar again So I thought I'd better get a full song laid out rather than just recording ideas and ideas.

Got new studio monitors as well so fun to play around

Will have to borrow a microphone and try some lyrics over the top, because I think that's all this song is missing (For once I actually agree it needs vocals! :O).

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 10th, 2010 · 05:32 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah this song has potential.

I like the chorus/bridge whatever at 42, it would be nice to put some lead guitar copying the rhythm
and Bass for the whole song it would add a lot weight to it. Can you Borrow a Bass???

Sorry I don't like the stops at 1.20 and 1.28 and others that follow, I was getting into the groove, the stops made me halt as well....lol, personally I'd keep the groove going and if anything build on the groove.

Yeah some vox with a sort of live free vib would compliment the track IMO

Keep at it
#3June 11th, 2010 · 03:52 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hmm I like it but this is screaming for vox to top it off! I think it's too bad that the mp3 quality breaks down the listening experience, so I can't really comment on mix quality...

I don't dislike the stops at all, in fact I think they're excellent, those stops make the observer pay more attention and appreciate the groove better. All in all you've made an excellent composition so far, just needs vocals (and maybe as Denis said a bit more low end, but I can hear a bass at work already)!
#4June 11th, 2010 · 11:31 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8077.html

put a bit more low-end on the bass.
Will do final touches when I manage to get vocals on the top like verb and mixing and whatnot.
I think I'll leave pretty much the song as it is, I personally like it, even if it's not polished and has it flaws. Just reminds me of when I was sitting there recording parts at 3 o'clock in the morning :p.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 5:41 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.