#1June 4th, 2010 · 11:10 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Lo Que Nunca Fue v2 - Oso

This song is not in a battle

Another song that we just re-recorded a few weeks ago.
Hope you like it, and please any comment will help us because we are thinking about presenting this song for a big festival here in Chile.
Do you think it would work? Do you prefer Pulpus City, our other option (link here: http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8055.html)

Cheers

> Iszil

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 5th, 2010 · 03:53 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Definately a good job and tightly played, sweet guitar tone and very nice soloing there. At first I thought this song was going to be too traditional blues like but that is not at all the case. The organ solo is cool there would like to hear it dead center and a bit more to the front. Maybe bring the vox up a tad too but I like the loudness effect of the mix (when voice sinks more into the music), even though overall, the master mix seems to lack a bit presence or brightness, making it sound like I went out last night and my ears are shot! I assure you, I didn't and they are not! Overall atmosphere is good though.

I like Pulpus City too. Do you get to play only one song? If so I think Pulpus City has a more original sound, something that leaves a stronger impression. I know it did for me, but that could be a language thing!

Anyway, good job!
#3June 5th, 2010 · 12:08 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah nice track, just brighten up the drums upper--mids, perhaps some attack on the compression and raise the mids a bit on the Bass guitar. Maybe layer the vox a bit.
The guitar tones Are superb!!
Best you choose what track, take a Band vote.
#4June 6th, 2010 · 11:15 AM
9 threads / 9 songs
64 posts
Australia
As Dennis mentioned about the production, the rhythm section (sound) needs need to be fixed and I think the whole thing could be mixed much better.

The overheads should be panned hard left and right and I don't like the bass tone at all. Its a bit squishy. Maybe you could try a DI straight into the console, and record that?

Great music though.
#5June 6th, 2010 · 06:06 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Well, about the drums sound, I know it's bad but the hi-hat was really high so I had to cut the hi frequencies to fix it a bit.
Anyway, we didn't put much thought on the recording. We just wanted to have a decent track to show our music.
Thank you all for the feedback.

> Iszil
#6June 7th, 2010 · 02:41 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
If it's a matter of comparing this track with Pulpus City , I like this one better.
It has a better festival live feel to it.
This flows a lot better.....Pulpus sounds like your forcing it sometimes, this is a much more confident song all the way through.
As a comment on the song it's self....I've enjoyed it every time I listened..a good strong song...guitar playing is excellent, I find the melody very catchy and the vocal is strong and fits the song well.
#7June 10th, 2010 · 01:41 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Wow Iz suena cabron.....La voz esta rebrava y la guitarra suena bien brutal..Me encanta la armonia en la voz...La musica tiene feel de live...Muy bueno!!!!
#8November 5th, 2010 · 02:21 PM
27 threads / 26 songs
83 posts
Russia
Such a strong Spanish blues! I like guitar making harmonies to voices!
#9November 18th, 2010 · 04:14 PM
26 threads / 26 songs
80 posts
United Kingdom
Good blues beat and it all sounds OK to me. Great guitar solo. I think this one.
#10November 19th, 2010 · 07:21 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
A bit strange to hear a blues with spanish lyrics.
Great arrangement, great composition, great record despite high freq cut, fantastic voices, wonderful guitars and it has an organ.
#11November 19th, 2010 · 08:50 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Thank you very much for the comments.
I appreciate you like it.

> Iszil
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 8:22 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.