1 2 3

#16August 11th, 2005 · 03:42 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
Italy
Very nice!
Groovesearcher you got it! I like this tune, i like the mood very much, and your voice is interesting... i agree with Withman u should cut the intro a little.
Bravo!
#17August 11th, 2005 · 07:34 AM
4 posts
Canada
Great groove & melody, love the ambiance
#18August 11th, 2005 · 11:27 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
12 posts
Denmark
SketchD... Yes, keeping yourself relaxed while sing r&b is important, I think. Of course there's always exceptions, but I think I would rather hear a person that's giving too little and want more than hear a person that's trying too hard. Yea, I had fun doing the chords as well. the studio version is a full 3 and a half minutes so there's allot more to sing along to.

BrrrWow.... funky name by the way, this is r&b I think. It's a little jazzy on the chords and a little poppy and funky on the melody. I think you misunderstood the rhythmics, everything is fully intentional. Tell me what bar, in which verse you don't like and I will see if there's something I can do.

Windower... soon. It's being mixed. I'm not much for similarities but in this case, Thank you.

Whitman.... Thanks constructive comment. I agree, this has of course already been changed in the studio version. It's too much with the extra 4 bars right before the verse.

Bravegirl... Thanks, I'm flattered

Tyra... Glad you like it.
#19August 12th, 2005 · 09:13 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
20 posts
Jamaica
Will there be more?
I, like everyone else who's posted, definately enjoyed tis tune.  I would be interested to hear this song with a dirty electric piano sound instead of the keyboard effect being used, and maybe funk-ta-fied groove instead of the laid back one you got going.  Perhaps have the drums dig in a bit deeper or a funky rhythm guitar part to compliment the keys.  It could be as simple as playing octaves.  I'm also assuming that this is a condensed version of this tune cause it seems a bit short; leaves me wanting more.
#20August 13th, 2005 · 09:56 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
12 posts
Denmark
SirChettMcComll... Sounds like an interesting idea. This IS just a sketch, yes, so it IS minimalistic. In the studio version I've focused on serving the mood/song. My philosophy is the song comes first before the style and in this case, I think the mellow mood is expressed clearly with jazz drums even though it is sort of R&B. Don't get me wrong, you might have a way to express this feeling in a manner which is more direct to you. I would love to learn from your expression, though the studio version is the way I image the feeling. It won't be long now. I have a pre-mix ready, but I want to wait till the final mix.
Thank you for the inspiration, SCMC.
And sorry for leaving you waiting for more.
#21August 14th, 2005 · 01:22 AM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
very cool!! reminds me a bit of jamiriquia, nice and funky loving the drums. still think it should have some big build up and change key after you break it down at the end there, theres a particular part in a song by stevie wonder called "As" where the words go - ' Did you know that true love asks for nothing ', that sort of exciting build.
anyway - great thing you got goin there
#22August 14th, 2005 · 10:54 AM
5 posts
Belgium
Gr8
Verrryyy Smooth ^_^
#23August 14th, 2005 · 11:53 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United Kingdom
Wow
Amazing. I wasn't expecting that sort of voice but although surprising it still fitted perfectly. Do you really need to record this again sounds great as it is but if this is just a sketch then whats the proper version gonna sound like? Wow, should be great.
#24August 14th, 2005 · 04:56 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
Jamiroquai meets Stevie Wonder meets Prince?

Cool song man.
#25August 15th, 2005 · 01:48 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
i beg to differ
lovely lovely jubbly

hope someone nibbles at this sketch

mmmmmmm.......................Tia Maria...............rich sounds.

dont change a thing!!

An artist..........................great!
#26August 22nd, 2005 · 04:38 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
21 posts
United States of America
sweet
#27August 23rd, 2005 · 07:21 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
5 posts
United States of America
beg the differ
Nice harmonies and go for it record it. but hey nice job so far myabe add some sax just hearing it k have fun with it.
#28August 23rd, 2005 · 04:32 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
90 posts
United Kingdom
I disagree
I don't think the intro is too long at all... to begin with I was actually disapointed when it ended and the vocals started. That soon changed after a couple of bars though. Think the whole thing is great!
#29August 30th, 2005 · 11:52 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
12 posts
Denmark
Thanks for your comments
TessCrazy... That WOULD be a nice build up, I'll have to listen to it again. Stevie has really good ideas, especially in his young days.

Hotstuff... There is aways something special about the first version of a song. The thing is, to weigh out the new song and the old one. The feeling is usually so much better in the first version and the sound is of course better in the second.

Swordfish... ??? thanks

Sassy... Sax solo, piano or rhodes solo. yes I will... 

Orlandodibskitt... Thanks, you've helped me to see that the intro changes the way you hear the verse. The verse has a harder effect when the intro is as it is. Your focus terns to the drums as they lead you into the harder rhythm.
#30April 20th, 2006 · 04:10 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
Italy
^_^
You hit me, man!!! it's just great, you have a black warm voice, and the song is definitely one of the best i've heard here. keep goin' in this way, maybe someday we'll sing together

take care

Mke
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 28th, 2024 · 4:12 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.