#1April 27th, 2010 · 03:19 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
How Are Ya Feelin - V2

This song is not in a battle

I've finally got around to producing my second album, I re-did the horns and mix on this one.
If anyone wants a copy of the album email me denis.ahmet@gmail.com, I have a link available, but will be taking down shortly.

Cheers

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 27th, 2010 · 12:20 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I've always liked this song denis, and this re-done mix sounds even better. you are sooo good at this man.

you finished your second album?? awesome!! are you gonna put it up on tunecore?

rock on man. ace stuff
#3April 27th, 2010 · 07:21 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TheKunadiun wrote…
I've always liked this song denis, and this re-done mix sounds even better. you are sooo good at this man.

you finished your second album?? awesome!! are you gonna put it up on tunecore?

rock on man. ace stuff :D

Cheers K, I'm using routenote.com  to distribute the album, they are quite new, no upfront fees, 90% of the royalties, you have to sell $50 worth before you earn your money, but I'm not going to market it, just want the album out there.  I'm now working on a third album of Jazz/Latin Jazz, re-mastering many of the tracks as we speak, once I've done that, I'll be back creating new songs, plus I'm learning to play the violin, my biggest challenge yet, will take about 2 years I reckon before I can record with it.

Best
#4April 28th, 2010 · 08:15 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
10 posts
Ireland
Very nice work man. Kinda reminds me of a mix between old Groove Armada-esque...'back to mine' with a touch of Air thrown in! My only criticism would be you could probably shorten it as it gets a bit repetitive so you could have more of an impact arranging it tighter and using your hooks more, the lead sounds a bit sharp and thin but other than that i really like it!! Good work man, best of luck with the album!!!!
#5April 28th, 2010 · 09:16 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: .....
dade wrote…
Very nice work man. Kinda reminds me of a mix between old Groove Armada-esque...'back to mine' with a touch of Air thrown in! My only criticism would be you could probably shorten it as it gets a bit repetitive so you could have more of an impact arranging it tighter and using your hooks more, the lead sounds a bit sharp and thin but other than that i really like it!! Good work man, best of luck with the album!!!!

Very well observed may I say.
This was a recording done whilst in the learning process a couple of years back, yeah it's too long, I actually tried to do the lead again, with better quality equipment, but I simply could not capture the same feel as often I find trying to reproduce a track.  I did try to fatten up the lead, it's better than the original, perhaps I could have put it through something else, but in my experience there is only so much you can do with sound, if it's not good at source, you're on an up hill road.

Cheers
#6April 28th, 2010 · 10:44 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
10 posts
Ireland
Thats very true, the source is important! have you tried multi-layering the lead, with one or two having the smallest bit of reverb on it? It might just fatten it up that little bit and maybe a small bit of compression, taking the higher end EQ out and fattening up the low end? It might take the sharpness out of it.
#7April 28th, 2010 · 11:29 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
10 posts
Ireland
.....or is it that you just have the finished mix down that youre working with?
#8April 28th, 2010 · 01:27 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: ...
dade wrote…
.....or is it that you just have the finished mix down that youre working with?

There are various ways to fatten up the sound, I used stereo Delay 12ms left and 24 on the right, the more effect you put in the fatter is gets, I did the same with the vox, So my ears where not attentive enough this time around, I still think it's OK. I could try more compression, but then it can become so saturated you take away the feel, which I think with this kind of music is more important.  Anyway it's too late now to change it for the album, once you upload the tracks to the publisher you can't change it.

I'm pleased with the vox, I cut the reverb and as I said earlier added stereo delay plus a little reverb just to spread it in the mix a little.  I played it on my Hi-FI at home and it sounds great loud, so perhaps you may want to try that, as I said in the initial thread if you want a copy of the album - PM me with your email and I'll send you the link to the free download.  Seems you have good ears and experience, it will be interesting to get your views.

You may want to listen to the first version and compare http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/5488.html

Thanks for your input, it's much appreciated
#9May 1st, 2010 · 11:06 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes, totally chilled and easy listening.
You know you sound like Van Morrison meets Pink Floyd.... a very unique sound.
You dont exactly sound like Van the man but you have that same feeling....entertainment without ego and issues, the best kind of entertainment.

Without 'ego and issues' is definitely not Pink Floyd, but you just sound like them sometimes !   
#10May 2nd, 2010 · 03:44 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Yes, totally chilled and easy listening.
You know you sound like Van Morrison meets Pink Floyd.... a very unique sound.
You dont exactly sound like Van the man but you have that same feeling....entertainment without ego and issues, the best kind of entertainment.

Without 'ego and issues' is definitely not Pink Floyd, but you just sound like them sometimes !    ;)

Yeah ol Van boy and the pink crew are one of my favorites of all time, so I guess they have influenced me, a bit like how we are influenced by our surroundings, it's all part of our individual make-up. When I was younger I did not realize this, just in the same way how I have raised my kids, well they seemed to have turned out alright, but sometimes it don't matter how well you bring them up if you have been unlucky and got a wrongen, seen a few of those.  So in this respect I've been lucky. Cricky I'm getting as bad as you Kings, I'm waffling like a gooden...lol
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 6:58 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.