#1September 25th, 2007 · 04:05 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
How Are ya Feelin

This song is not in a battle

This is a long and waited vocal song.

I came up with the chorus a couple of years back.

Somehow managed to write some lyrics and bridges and all sorts, took 12 hours from start to finish.

Hope it touches the heart strings

Cheers

Denis

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 25th, 2007 · 04:55 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
YES!

The starting chord progression is very reminiscent of "Cumin' Over".  I love production on the track, it's fantastic, and reminds me of Clapton's earlier stuff.  The harmonies are tight, and the drumming, considering I know you usually use a drum machine, is great.  Those fill-ins perfectly work.  The bassline is great.  The phat tone really compliments the track and fills it in.

I love the solos.  The first solo had 3 notes from the minor scale, and I would have loved to hear more.

Your vocals are majorly clipping, and it's the worst part of the production.  It's strongest during the chorus.  While we're on the negative, the synth trumpets just don't do it for me.  I would replace them with a low-end string; contrabass or cello etc.  And not the bam-bam-bam style hits, something that counterpoints with the bassline.

As for the lyrics, there isn't much complexity in them, but it works perfectly for me.  Yeah, thanks, I am feeling great today.  I appreciate it.

One of your better ones.  This is your home man, you just owned it.
#3September 25th, 2007 · 05:00 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice intro...sounds like a clean recording so far...I like it already
are you playing all the Instruments...?   ...  you have soul in your voice Denis...sounding good man...nice even mix ...I like the horns...
I think this is one of your top notch songs Denis. I believe you when you say it took 12 hours...I know you put a lot of time into this one...
Nice job Denis...I'm going to add this to my playlist...

Flyer

Will Rate
#4September 25th, 2007 · 10:51 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
fantastic recording!
Great sound!
Is this the Sr 16 and your new electric!
This is an awesome song ,great vocals too.!
Love the panning on the drum toms.Bridge before solo reminds me of Roger Waters!
The guitar tone is a bit thin but it works
#5September 27th, 2007 · 09:15 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I thought it sounded familiar, It's been "Coming over" before ! lol
Listening to you is like listening to Pink Floyd and Dire Straits rolled into one, as Flyer says "You've got soul in your voice".
#6September 27th, 2007 · 09:38 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Soul
kings wrote…
I thought it sounded familiar, It's been "Coming over" before ! lol
Listening to you is like listening to Pink Floyd and Dire Straits rolled into one, as Flyer says "You've got soul in your voice".

Hmmmm?? How about I try a Soul or Soul Funky peice

Cheers me ol' muckers

Denis
#7September 27th, 2007 · 09:46 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
wow!
Great production really neat
I was hopping maybe for more "brass" after such a cool intro but it's a very good job you did there
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 8:04 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.