1 2

#1February 16th, 2010 · 04:03 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Wish You Were Here - Rendition/collab invite

This song is not in a battle

I purchased a new 12 String a few days ago, just wanted to hear what it sounded like, Listened to it through the electro pick-up first, didn't like it, so set-up my normal way with two mics.
There is a 4 bar intro of nothing, it's 65bpm, so anyone who wants to do vox, keys, drums,.please feel free
Yes, I recorded it at home whilst my youngest daughter and my wife were at home, you can hear a few doors shut, probably the TV if you listen carefully, and a Police siren right at the end....lol

Not bad sound I think on the 12 string considering I only paid £85 for it new, it's called a Godman

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 16th, 2010 · 04:13 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
that sounds really awesome denis. nice playing and that 12 string sounds great. thatd be awesome if you could get a bunch of ampers to collab on this great floyd song.

EDIT: I'd love to record the bass for this song, but I won't have access to my instruments or my recording stuff for 8 months...(visiting friends in mexico and canada for parts of winter/summer) so i wont be back to my house till then
#3February 16th, 2010 · 04:51 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
The sound is amazing.
A collab would be great, specially for this song.

> Iszil
#4February 16th, 2010 · 06:25 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Hey, I'd love to do the vocals on this. Such a great song!!....Skunk
#5February 16th, 2010 · 06:26 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Fantastic sound...

your two-mic-scene is really invincable and so clean. keep it up!
#6February 17th, 2010 · 01:35 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
SkunkApe wrote…
Hey, I'd love to do the vocals on this. Such a great song!!....Skunk

Great I look forward to hearing it, You could have a go with your drum kit too

Denis
#7February 19th, 2010 · 05:08 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TheKunadiun wrote…
that sounds really awesome denis. nice playing and that 12 string sounds great. thatd be awesome if you could get a bunch of ampers to collab on this great floyd song.

EDIT: I'd love to record the bass for this song, but I won't have access to my instruments or my recording stuff for 8 months...(visiting friends in mexico and canada for parts of winter/summer) so i wont be back to my house till then

God 8 months, maybe you can ask your fiends if they know anyone with a recording set-up - don't get me wrong you can record any time you want, having to go that long without your gear is painful....lol
#8February 19th, 2010 · 07:55 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Seams to be quicker than the original ..... only thing that comes to mind listening again..sitting in front of the fire
Nice one Denise, some very nice finger work...but it's too quick...those dudes were off their heads....you should record it on holiday ... get that mellow feeling right !   
#9February 20th, 2010 · 03:31 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Seams to be quicker than the original ..... only thing that comes to mind listening again..sitting in front of the fire
Nice one Denise, some very nice finger work...but it's too quick...those dudes were off their heads....you should record it on holiday ... get that mellow feeling right !    :razz:

I BEG to differ - It's about the same tempo Geezer, (I downloaded the original from YouTube, to learn the arrangement, tempo etc)
Sounds pretty mellow to me???
**(Edit)You can call me DENISE if you like...ha ha - What ever tickles your Fancy,,,lol
Perhaps you are refering to the lead guitar?? Well that's just me, I don't want to sound like anyone else.
#10February 20th, 2010 · 04:08 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
Nice one Denise, some very nice finger work...but it's too quick...those dudes were off their heads....you should record it on holiday ... get that mellow feeling right !    :razz:

I BEG to differ - It's about the same tempo Geezer, (I downloaded the original from YouTube, to learn the arrangement, tempo etc)
**(Edit)You can call me DENISE if you like...ha ha - What ever tickles your Fancy,,,lol
Perhaps you are refering to the lead guitar?? Well that's just me, I don't want to sound like anyone else.

LOL sorry Denis , it was late !
I didn't say it was the wrong speed, it just sounds a little quicker than the original "I'm so chilled I just fell of my chair" version
#11February 20th, 2010 · 08:13 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…

LOL sorry Denis , it was late !
I didn't say it was the wrong speed, it just sounds a little quicker than the original "I'm so chilled I just fell of my chair" version

No need to appologise,  being critiqued, The next tune I'll do will be so laid back, you'll fall over backwards standing up, into a cosy armchair 
#12February 20th, 2010 · 11:43 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
....In front of my fire place  ................ absolutely !   
#13February 20th, 2010 · 02:09 PM
3 posts
United States of America
cool
#14February 27th, 2010 · 06:42 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Denis wrote…
TheKunadiun wrote…

God 8 months, maybe you can ask your fiends if they know anyone with a recording set-up - don't get me wrong you can record any time you want, having to go that long without your gear is painful....lol

lol I totally know what you mean. All i have is my acoustic guitar. Hopefully one of em will have some recording gear or they might know someone who will.
I know its incredibly painful!! lol
#15January 7th, 2011 · 08:57 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
10 posts
United States of America
The twelve string sounds great... and you do very well with the tempo.  My only critique is that the lead guitar sounds forced sometimes, but other than that great recording!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 10:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.