1 2
#16June 13th, 2010 · 11:20 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
QuietStorm wrote…
The classics (Jazz & R&B) always live on...like the rendition.......And as a bass player have a thing for bass technique.

My main instrument is Guitar, are you saying that my Bass technique is good, bad or indifferent??, would love to hear your views. 
#17June 15th, 2010 · 04:54 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Denis wrote…
QuietStorm wrote…
The classics (Jazz & R&B) always live on...like the rendition.......And as a bass player have a thing for bass technique.

My main instrument is Guitar, are you saying that my Bass technique is good, bad or indifferent??, would love to hear your views.  ;)

This is GREAT!!!!
Personally I would screw around with a tune like this.............
EVERY ONE SHOULD BE SO GLAD I DONT!!!!!!HAHA

And You've stuck to the jazz GROOVE...

LOVELY DENIS.............

Say No More............
#18April 22nd, 2011 · 09:21 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
102 posts
Suriname
one word: SMOOTH! Man I wish I could get a sound quality like that man. You use professional stuff or not?
#19April 23rd, 2011 · 12:02 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MrBenPablo wrote…
one word: SMOOTH! Man I wish I could get a sound quality like that man. You use professional stuff or not?

Hope you don't mind me calling you Ben?
In two words Yes and No.

The Acoustic is an Old Eco Ranger, similar quality to a basic Yamaha. Bass is is an 80's Ibanez Musician, it was top of the range then, I bought it cheap second hand. The Arch top Jazz guitar was a lucky find It's called a Rally Blue Harlem, a new make manufactured in Gibson Epiphone factories. When I tried it out it had similar tone to that of guitars 3 times the price, I paid £349.00 for it

Drums is Ezdrummer, one of the best drum software you can get, used the Jazz kit and played around with the pre-set rhythms.

Audio recorded via a Yamaha AW16G standalone recorder, it's OK accept the preamps are poor, but I put all miced stuff via an Art Gold MPA tube preamp which in this song was only used for the acoustic guitar.

The Bass and Arch top were recorded through line6 pods, I have one for Bass and one for Guitar, in my opinion they are excellent value for money, the Bass in particular on this track came out better than I thought.

Other than that I used standard compression, reverb and finally mastered the whole thing with Adobe Audition mainly to clean up the track and edit.

It's taken me a while to get this quality, but there is still room for improvement.

I simply work hard at it, each time I record something I learn something new about recording techniques not to mention help here on bandAMP.

So if you want help don't be afraid to ask - there are many talented people here who would only be more than happy to help you
#20April 23rd, 2011 · 01:40 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
102 posts
Suriname
I think I just should learn how to work with the compresion, I already read your thing about compresion, so i'm going to use those things. Ezdrummer. I'm a good drummer, but I can't get the sound good in my computer because I have only one mic. So maybe I'm going to check out ezdrummer
#21April 23rd, 2011 · 04:22 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MrBenPablo wrote…
I think I just should learn how to work with the compression, I already read your thing about compression, so I'm going to use those things. Ezdrummer. I'm a good drummer, but I can't get the sound good in my computer because I have only one mic. So maybe I'm going to check out ezdrummer

Depends on the genre, you can get away with three mics on the drums, two overhead and one for the kick.

Check out addictive drums too,  great for rock , blues
http://www.xlnaudio.com/?page=products&p_page=addictivedrums

Or an electronic kit, Roland and Yamaha are the best, but I guess if you only have one mic your budget is limited

I've got all the kits for Ezdrummer plus percussion, it's a good all round piece of software which will give you a pro sound
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 5:53 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.