1 2

#1November 9th, 2009 · 04:41 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
So Long

This song is not in a battle

Well it does seems a long time since I've uploaded something, I'm getting together with a friend I haven't seen for 35 years on Wednesday, I'm gonna let him have a bash at writing some lyrics to this, he won various awards at school for poems, he's always fancied a go at writing song words, so it might work, we'll see. In fact it was him who introduced me to Pink Floyd, so this song is for you Colin, it's been 'So Long'
Bought a Line6 Bass pod, first attempt using it, I'm sure I can improve upon it, although I still like it. Electric guitar also a Line6 pod, used rhythm pick for the first time with it, I really like the lead tone.
When I initially recorded the rhythm track, I sensed it may be too short, see what you think, if so I may extend it and add perhaps a keyboard effect section or similar, Or I could do a similar thing as an intro??

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 9th, 2009 · 05:46 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
23 posts
United States of America
awesome denis!!!
the beginning reminded me of stairway to heaven (im sure Iszil will have fun with that). but it was a good kind of reminder.

I really love this. excellent work!!! excellent production as usual. This is probably one (i have many others) of my favorite tracks by you.  
I love how it breaks out at around 53. Some minor timing issues and whatnot, but I think you mentioned that this is kind of your first try. ahgahgahhag AMAZING LEAD TONES.

strange...that line6 bass pod seems to be working out pretty good.
excellent song, great thing to build off of.
#3November 9th, 2009 · 05:58 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Like all your uploads, this song was great!

Loved the guitar solo from 1:27 and on.

The solo sounded a bit latin-like - sounded cool with the mood of the song as well.

Looking forward to the next recording with lyrics.

--XFactor--
#4November 9th, 2009 · 10:20 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
79 posts
United States of America
This sounds great
the beginning did sound a bit like stairway to heaven, I noticed that right away
but the whole song is amazing
great job
I can't wait to hear it with lyrics
#5November 10th, 2009 · 12:02 AM
1 threads
29 posts
Colombia
Great piece..
Pops and clicks here an there..
Noise remover over done some, it muffles some of the crispness of the acoustic guitar.
Snare panning doesn't work for me,rather keep in the middle as you would in a regular kit.What drum program are you using?Or is it real? Nice work
#6November 10th, 2009 · 03:05 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Ultravoz wrote…
Great piece..
Pops and clicks here an there..
Noise remover over done some, it muffles some of the crispness of the acoustic guitar.
Snare panning doesn't work for me,rather keep in the middle as you would in a regular kit.What drum program are you using?Or is it real? Nice work

Yeah you may well be right about the noise remover, I ran it through twice, hence when I recorded the Acoustic, it was raining, you could hear the rain in the background, I would have probably left it if there has no hiss, I'll run it through again. It did seem OK when I did it though, still I'll try it again. 
The snare should be middle of pan, I'll check that too.  I know I accented the snare on a couple of the fills, that must be where you heard it clipping
The drum program is EzDrummer, Vintage Kit, It's Awesome.  Most of the rhythms are presets, I changed some of the fills a bit and created the cymbals at the end.

Thanks for your observations, you have GOOD EARS 
#7November 10th, 2009 · 11:08 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
why dont you put an organ sound into this?

the pad fits well though

the drums come from midi sequencer? I know that it's hard to stay in sync with a machine. anyway... nice track
#8November 10th, 2009 · 11:12 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
WalkingStereotype wrote…
awesome denis!!!
the beginning reminded me of stairway to heaven (im sure Iszil will have fun with that). but it was a good kind of reminder.

I really love this. excellent work!!! excellent production as usual. This is probably one (i have many others) of my favorite tracks by you.  
I love how it breaks out at around 53. Some minor timing issues and whatnot, but I think you mentioned that this is kind of your first try. ahgahgahhag AMAZING LEAD TONES.

excellent song, great thing to build off of. :D

Hmm I don't think I set-up the EQ properly when I used the Bass POD, still yeah it sounds not bad. Yeah want build on it for sure, I want to have enough Classic rock songs to produce a Classic Rock Album ;)
#9November 10th, 2009 · 11:16 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
why dont you put an organ sound into this?

the pad fits well though

the drums come from midi sequencer? I know that it's hard to stay in sync with a machine. anyway... nice track

Yeah I was originally going to put a Rocky Hammond on it, and yeah it will sound great. It's my first song I've written in ages, I'm a bit rusty..lol, as mentioned above I want to build on and around it, I feel a theme brewing , or at least I would like to think so

Cheers
#10November 10th, 2009 · 12:20 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
23 posts
United States of America
Denis wrote…
WalkingStereotype wrote…
awesome denis!!!

excellent song, great thing to build off of. :D

Hmm I don't think I set-up the EQ properly when I used the Bass POD, still yeah it sounds not bad. Yeah want build on it for sure, I want to have enough Classic rock songs to produce a Classic Rock Album ;)

A classic rock album eh??? AWESOME!!!!!!! Totally go for it.
#11November 11th, 2009 · 06:42 PM
89 posts
Canada
Yeah I am really getting a Santana feel in the solo.  Which I should find odd since I also thought of Stairway to Heaven at the opening lol. 

I have to say, like everything else you do, this sounds great. 
Note:  my headphones are horrific, so grain of salt there. 
I am finding the bass and guitar clashing a little bit throughout (kinda like at 46-47 sec?) but I couldn't figure out why exactly.  It just felt as though, at points, the feel didn't match:  I know, vague.  Maybe the bass is just a little to high in the mix.

I love the guitar, exceptionally well played and recorded.  I am anxious to hear the outcome of your rendezvous lol.
#12November 11th, 2009 · 08:23 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I haven't commented on this yet, but this is REALLY well recorded. It sounds like good lounge music, and the instrumentation is great! Good job.
#13November 12th, 2009 · 01:54 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Denis great track here..Love the chords.
Sound a bit muffled from noise remover as mentioned.
Nice solo work,great tone..There's some pops around the track,is this your PC or work station?
#14November 12th, 2009 · 03:38 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Denis great track here..Love the chords.
Sound a bit muffled from noise remover as mentioned.
Nice solo work,great tone..There's some pops around the track,is this your PC or work station?

Yeah, I think I've sorted it now, I ran it through Adobe Audition again, plus noticed that a) the drums propduced in FL and the wav file I produced on my workstation I imported into FL were clipping.  I reduced the levels and used a limiter in FL, not used it in FL before normally use the Limiter in Adobe Audition. 

Going hopefully add some vox to it and may try a Hammond Organ in place of the patch, which from memory was a vintage organ I think.

Cheers
#15November 12th, 2009 · 03:53 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
12InSilver wrote…
Yeah I am really getting a Santana feel in the solo.  Which I should find odd since I also thought of Stairway to Heaven at the opening lol. 

I have to say, like everything else you do, this sounds great. 
Note:  my headphones are horrific, so grain of salt there. 
I am finding the bass and guitar clashing a little bit throughout (kinda like at 46-47 sec?) but I couldn't figure out why exactly.  It just felt as though, at points, the feel didn't match:  I know, vague.  Maybe the bass is just a little to high in the mix.

I love the guitar, exceptionally well played and recorded.  I am anxious to hear the outcome of your rendezvous lol.

I know the intro is almost identical to Stairway to Heaven, I think I'll leave as it's only the intro, although I thought I could actually edit it out and add perhaps add some freestyle synth work in the mood of the song.

The tone is quite fat as in most of my songs, so perhaps your 'horrific headphones' are distorting?? I don't hear any clashing ?? I'm using a new Line 6 Bass pod for the first time, I didn't set the EQ from source as I thought it recorded it flat, later to find out that, when you turn the eq knob, it shows the ideal Eq setting in the display, which illuminates as you turn the knob, very clever stuff, hence each AMP module has different  Eq settings.

Having said all this I should try and re-record the Bass again...lol, I don't normally re-record parts, but I should really try shouldn't I
Cheers 
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 1:40 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.