1 2 3
#31March 5th, 2010 · 10:21 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
toastedgoat wrote…
ok most tech points have already been made.. you'll grow as writers.. It can't be helped.. I wrote a song thinking it was all mine.. turns out it has the exact same chord progressions as  a Uriah Heep song.."July Morning" Listen to "Don't Say Goodbye"   I don't figure you did it on purpose ..it just happens.. the thing is Knock Knock is such a huge song ..not only from Dillon but G& R. The brain automatically hears the similarity.

The difference between your case and Kunadiun's is that the overall sound and arrangements makes it sound like your own (well, it actually is your own).
I'll tell you, in my personal experience, that when if first listened "Don't say Goodbye" I never found the similarity, even though I knew "July Morning" for years. It didn't happen the same with "Better than Green".
As I told you, Kunadiun, the key is in the arrangements. Work on that and I'm sure you will make the knock-knock sound your own.
OK, I think you get all this pretty clear, so no need to discuss it anymore.

> Iszil
#32March 9th, 2010 · 04:54 AM
6 posts
Germany
I know it
#33March 24th, 2010 · 07:02 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
16 posts
United States of America
Cool song
It does remind me of early Pink Floyd. I didn't notice till you mentioned but it does sound a little bit like Knockin'. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. The important thing is that you keep writing music and do what you want to do.
1 2 3
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:51 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.