1 2 3

#16November 9th, 2009 · 06:33 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
If I could make one last suggestion, I think you should bring the chorus back in after the drum instrmental., to sort of 'complete' the song in a way.
#17November 9th, 2009 · 06:42 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
WalkingStereotype wrote…
Important:
(I dont know if this is possible but can we somehow delete this conversation as it kind of detracts from the page cause this is Audio Review...we could move this to the pit or something even. we can keep your first post where you bring up your feeling about it if you want. I just dont want this whole thing of our first song for the album being cluttered up by this.)
I know I can delete my posts, and I think you can delete yours too. I just want the replies to be about the song and not this huge conversation.... :D

I personally think this conversation belongs here cause we are talking about the song and what me and you think about it so it would be completely senseless moving it to The Pit, the part of BandAMP dedicated to anything but music.

> Iszil
#18November 9th, 2009 · 07:01 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
23 posts
United States of America
Ok well thats cool too. Its just theres so many posts from just us and I wanted to see if anyone else would reply to the song, and if they see it has like 17 or more reviews when theyre browsing they might just look it over and be like "Oh that one is thoroughly reviewed". We can leave it the way it is. (for instance only 4 people have actually listened and commented on this song, yet there are 17 replies)
fais54 wrote…
If I could make one last suggestion, I think you should bring the chorus back in after the drum instrmental., to sort of 'complete' the song in a way.

You know, I was just thinking this, and I think if we might be able to add on a few more vocals after the solo and whatnot. Thanks for listening!
#19November 9th, 2009 · 10:29 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
79 posts
United States of America
really chill track, but turn up the volume and try to make the vocals tighter

the "red kool aid is better than green" lyric is really creative and catchy, I like the idea
#20November 9th, 2009 · 10:50 PM
1 threads
29 posts
Colombia
Track lacks volume.
Care nothing about kool aid either red nor green but seems catchy anyways.
Slide to loud.
Drums always play the same fill.
Vox out of tune on occasion

Bring the volume up and cut the Eq with a low pass filter that should get some hiss out.Use the shelve type skip the notch !There some free ones in KVR they run in most DAW's.

Not sure what the crap is that guy talking about sounding knocking on heavens whatever,there's only 7 natural notes and 5 accidentals so its inevitable to come across similar chord changes.Listen to Guantamera and la Bamba  there the same progression yet different songs,In my opinion that guys view was rather ignorant.

Good song needs work.
Concept album?
So whats the concept?Juices?
#21November 9th, 2009 · 11:26 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Ultravoz wrote…
Track lacks volume.
Not sure what the crap is that guy talking about sounding knocking on heavens whatever,there's only 7 natural notes and 5 accidentals so its inevitable to come across similar chord changes.Listen to Guantamera and la Bamba  there the same progression yet different songs,In my opinion that guys view was rather ignorant.

I guess people still don't get what I tried to said...
Anyway, I won't argue.

As I previously said, needs some work, some development.

> Iszil
#22November 10th, 2009 · 11:38 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
Ultravoz wrote…
Track lacks volume.

I guess people still don't get what I tried to said...
Anyway, I won't argue.

As I previously said, needs some work, some development.

> Iszil

I understand you perfectly Iszel 
It's nice to see you active on the AMP, so don't go man, we need to keep the AMP alive 
#23November 12th, 2009 · 02:05 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Your song writting skills are growing guys..
I would suggest you guys seriously give thought about practicing some vocal exercises as you guys sing well,just a little weak in the projection..I like the melody but really love the drums and slide work.Run a compressor on that slide so it keeps the notes tight...
Good show guys!
#24February 27th, 2010 · 07:04 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
I agree with dennis, this has that pink floyd feel. The vocals are prominate and somehow sarcastic opposing the slow, chill guitar strumming. It is quite enjoyable. This is a huge improvement over the old version. The slide guitar at the end is hella-cool. That is a talent I never picked up.
#25February 28th, 2010 · 04:31 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
knock knock.....

the sliding guit makes it different from the heaven's door
#26March 2nd, 2010 · 12:19 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Hey I want to thank all of you guys for the new reviews. I didn't get a chance to as I havent check this song out in a while. (claudebukowski, Ultravoz, Marino, Dark, TritonKeyboarder)

I entered it into the march battle (i think)...lets see how it does.
#27March 2nd, 2010 · 12:32 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
knock knock.....

the sliding guit makes it different from the heaven's door

Oh, I thought it was just me. Good to know I'm not going insane about this point (similarities and stuff).

Anyway, I came back to vote, not to open an old discussion.

> Iszil
#28March 2nd, 2010 · 01:11 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
thanks iszil!
at this point I dont care if it sounds similar....I just appreciate you guys coming here and taking time to review and listen to it.
#29March 4th, 2010 · 10:59 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
well I heard the song before I read the post.. Sorry gotta go with knock knock.. it's the first thing that jumped into my head sorry/..

ok most tech points have already been made.. you'll grow as writers.. It can't be helped.. I wrote a song thinking it was all mine.. turns out it has the exact same chord progressions as  a Uriah Heep song.."July Morning" Listen to "Don't Say Goodbye"   I don't figure you did it on purpose ..it just happens.. the thing is Knock Knock is such a huge song ..not only from Dillon but G& R. The brain automatically hears the similarity.

guitar playing . needs to be a little tighter timing wise is just a couple of spots.  needs a little work on the levels. drums are ok need a little more work.

Pros.. I love the vocal hook.. I love the vocalist, he just needs a little more work on his pitch control.

I liked the slide lead..just need to sit in the mix a bit more.

overall a good job. I call it a complete song (I've heard worse on the radio).  gets a good vote from me.
#30March 4th, 2010 · 11:50 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
EDIT wrote…
EDIT: I also have the account WalkingStereotype, I just made that because my friend thought we should have a seperate account for songs we do in that band.....well that band broke up so I'll just be on TheKunadiun now lol
hey thanks toastedgoat, I really appreciate the review.

I've "cooled down" a little bit about thinking everyone is out to get me because my song probably has the same chord progression as an actual song (knockin on heavens door for instance.)
I totally see now that when you're new at writing songs (like we are) we will accidently write a passage that sounds exactly like something else. 2 of our other songs we wrote (havent record/uploaded yet) sound exactly the same as two songs ive NEVER heard before in my entire life, but the similarities in the guitars and instruments were uncanny. Bela Lugosi is Dead was one of them and the other was some song with Spanish vocals...even the guitar solos that we had lined up sounded the same in the spanish song. so we're learning to get past this...lol

Thanks for the compliments on the singing (i was singing) as Im trying to progress and get better at my singing and pitch control is a big thing that I need to work on.

Thank you again for the listen and review and I hope I didnt "scar" or offend anyone with my freak out comments trying to defend myself for sounding like knockin on heavens door. (who knows the chords could be exactly the same). thanks

EDIT: another edit: I just noticed that the song that we wrote that sounds like Bela Lugosi is Dead is actually uploaded and its called "Our Version". My dad heard us recording the song and hes like "Woah that sounds so familiar" and then he put in the Bauhaus CD that ive never heard before (consciously anyways...he played tons of pink floyd and that kinda stuff when i was much younger and not into music) and we were like woah that sounds so similar.
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:05 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.