1 2
#16August 18th, 2009 · 06:36 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Im getting a Mazy Star "Fade into you" vibe on this meets Bob Dylan!

Exactly who I was thinkingt about and that song too. My first impression was Tom Petty for vocals, but yah, totally Dylan-esque. I still had to pump up the volume to hear it though.

Get a good recording, and a finished product (or near) and I promise to download it.
#17August 18th, 2009 · 11:41 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
Red kool aid IS better than green!3 chords and the truth,a little sloppy but still a very good song,tighten it up a little,that's all.As for the album cover I would incorporate in some way "money" to play on the word "green"
#18October 26th, 2009 · 05:17 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Denis wrote…
Lovely relaxed vib. Hmm sort of Floydish. This could be GREAT.

I'm going to try and be constructive here, this is only my opinion:

Change the arrangement, It needs a Kick, Say Drums Bass and Keyboards, with the Vox becoming more aggressive, Then back to acoustic.
Yeah the electronic effects could be used in more places.
Take some Bass off the acoustic to give more Dynamics for Bass guitar  & vocals

Or keep it Acoutsic, but shorten the song to about 2.5 mins

Some minor timing issues on the Rhythm guitar.

Cheers

I just wanted to say thank you so much for all of your helpful opinions and critiques, including you Denis. We are in the process of re-recording this song and the quality is WAY better and there are different arangements...and its just awesome. it sounds like a real song. (to me it does....im excited if you havent noticed...lol) it is ALL newly recorded, we didnt keep anything from this version.
after we finish it we'll most likely upload it. thanks again!!!
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:04 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.