#1June 1st, 2009 · 07:40 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Minor Turnaround

This song is not in a battle

Yet another badly-named acoustic jam track (in the vein of http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/5864.html).

Straight back-to-back takes as usual, and it shows here.  The lead is super, super sloppy, but I honestly don't care a tremendous amount.  The harmonica is back, and it was great fun to blare along, sloppy as it is.

Unlike most of my stuff, I actually bothered to use a metronome here, so if someone wants to take a crack at the lead, adding vocals, proper drums, etc. etc., let me know and we'll talk.

I'd pay $1,000 for a Mac version of FL Studio 8.  Please, pretty please?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 1st, 2009 · 05:19 PM
2 threads
9 posts
United States of America
This is a foot-tapper. I sort of feel like I'm sitting by a beach somewhere in the sun. I don't know if that's what you were going for, but at least that's what I got out of it. Really like the main riff, and although I don't feel the lead was as bad as you professed, it could stand to be tightened up, sure, but what cut does any of us do where that sentiment isn't appropriate?

Pretty cool stuff.
#3June 2nd, 2009 · 03:13 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the comments!

I like your imagery--I was definitely going for a laid-back, relaxed vibe.  By main riff, I assume you mean the rhythm guitar?  I enjoy playing that one alot; I call it my Jimi (after Hendrix) riff, since I learned how to invert chords watching/listening to him play.

jimislowhand wrote…
but what cut does any of us do where that sentiment isn't appropriate?

True that!
#4June 2nd, 2009 · 04:27 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
Great job Avi but where are your lovely vocals?
#5June 2nd, 2009 · 10:29 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Thanks vincent; long time no see.  How've you been?

As for vocals: (1) I don't have lyrics (2) It was, at least for me, just a jam track.  Please feel free to write some lyrics for this and I'll send you a rhythm-only version of this if you're interested.
#6June 3rd, 2009 · 07:02 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
tropo Y says
You old surfer you.
We just had holiday in Port Douglas NQ you'd get a gig there no worries ,say that because this piece takes me there straight away.It's a tough life avi , 4 mile beach , fishing ,mountains meet coral sea,free coconuts mangoes and guava,keep an eye out for the crocs and she'll be sweet.
Guitar playing very smooth and the shakers lend helping sand shuffle sand flies.
nicely done
Y
#7June 3rd, 2009 · 09:32 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Signature series...You my friend have a sound...I think its great that you chose the mayor penta scale for this track as it gives it a sort of southern feel...Very organic an true to heart..I really would have enjoyed some vox on this one..Kinda reminds of your pirate song in the honest and almost innocent approach to song..I know I know just a jam track no lyrics..But I thought Id tell you anyways...Good show!
You can solo my friend!!!!Very cool!
#8June 4th, 2009 · 07:30 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
@yokoinc: Sounds like a great holiday!  Yeah, haha, a tough life, eh?  Thanks for the great comments.

@Marino: I'm glad you liked this; the chord progression was super simple, and when I hit record on the lead track, I just played in the pentatonic.  I think a couple of notes I switch into the relative minor and blues scales, but I kept it simple.

As for vocals, as I said to vincent, it was more a matter of not having lyrics and that this was just a fun jam track.  I don't mind singing, but I just, for whatever reason, am unable to write normal lyrics.

I'm glad you remembered the pirate song!  That was a blast from the past--yeah, it is again a very simple rhythm and lead arrangement.

Thanks alot for the comments!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 2nd, 2024 · 8:09 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.