#1May 4th, 2009 · 04:50 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Decoy

This song is not in a battle

From the Radio Attic project - a type of music I doubt anyone has ever heard before.

It is quite experimental ... hypnotic noise & overdrive...  I have another track from the same project in my music list which is more sort of the "promo single" of this project, but I just wanted to share this one aswell.

I'm definately going to revive the Radio Attic project.

Not for everyone's ears, but hopefully enjoyable to someone's ears...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 4th, 2009 · 05:04 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yes it's got a new edge to it, very inovative, very powerfull indeed.  It would be interesting to hear some vox with it, I was thinking someone like Porcelaindoll's voice would go aces with this.

It's late here at the moment, so Ive got the volume down a bit, my insticts is to be more sparing with the bass synth, but may be the young ones will like it 24/7, as I said it has heaps of energy.

Keep it up, look forward to hearing the whole project!!

Excellent work.
#3May 4th, 2009 · 07:31 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Definitely most interesting.  *It's got that hard new techno distortion edge but you still have the good ole rock n roll guitar keeping it in motion especially with the wahh effect on it....  * i personally am not a huge fan of the intended distortion, but I can certainly relate  and that's not to say it isn't  creative,,, it most definitely is... * love the shake/rattle-highhat as well.
 Like Denis mentioned  a vocal in there would  definitely be worth including.  *I'll be keeping a lookout for more of  your project..... very worth while *s
~ Fid ~
#4May 4th, 2009 · 08:53 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Nah, this isnt techno... LOL! but you guys knew i would say that.  This smacks of industrial with punk influences...I hear rock... believe it or not i hear early moody blues... but i dont hear Techno...  This is the goods, PX!  I would use this as intro material on a DnB set... its got lots of edge! Would love to hear it on loud ass speakers like it deserves! Definitely a rebel rouser!
#5May 5th, 2009 · 10:10 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I really really like the guitar especially at 3:18 , it's just so as a guitar should sound, rough and raw with balls.
And the overall melody and changes are really nice.
It sounds like there is some form of vocal in there, the odd vocal sound pops up every now and then.
I'm just so much not into the drum, it's just not it. These someones ears think they spoil the over all listening experience, but it wouldn't be what it is without them.
I like the Wah, the rattle, the hiss and the distortion...I just cant get my head around the drum    lol

Any project you do will be cutting-edge PX so just do it!
#6May 5th, 2009 · 12:36 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Yeah, to me this has an "in your face, take no prisoners" kind of industrial style that doesn't compromise. It makes me curious as to how you produced this...knowing you, I suspect these are all hardware-produced sounds, and I would be interested in a description of how you did this (by the way...I hear a voice in there as well...didn't hear it on the first three playings)
#7May 5th, 2009 · 02:15 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
First of thanks for your comments!

This is all hardware-generated indeed, using three drum machines through various distortions and compressors, tweaked along the way. Then an acoustic guitar, mic'd and passing through heavy fuzz& amp sim and a Korg MS2000 synth for the synthie bit. There are indeed vocals in there aswell (good ears, kings and battlecat!) with the following lyrics:

PuppetXeno wrote…
the moth is flapping, the bat is snapping teeth
cunning sonar! (edgy edgy edgy, pal!)
meet the ghastly mystery, meet the mystery

It's quite uncompromising.. True. That is the idea of this project, every now and then i get the urge to make stuff like this. Well I understand what kings means about that drum, it's quite counter-intuitive to my personal taste aswell, but it does the trick. It's supposed to have a hypnotizing effect, mind-blending Borg style like.

Well glad peeps took the time to listen to it!
#8May 6th, 2009 · 12:41 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
PX!!This is crazy..I would really put some bad arse drums here...I know you have a sound unique to you but man this calls for some wicked beats to give a full industrial metal groove..I hear some voices in there too..Drums on distortion pedals?Well thats and Idea (lol)I might try that..This is quite intense..I think your hard rock side took over on this one,,But yeah that punk like vibe is still there..Sweet!
#9May 16th, 2009 · 04:37 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Deffinatley a powerful song. I agree with Minds...I dont hear techno..but I do her Hard rock in this..I really like the way the Guitar is incorporated...I wasn't sure about hearing a little bit of voclas..at first...I thought it was just me..but yes, they do come through at times...this is pretty cool PX..,.
nice work

nice rating
#10May 20th, 2009 · 01:05 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
it's bit strange to hear some chords at 0:40. didnt expect that.
But I love the talking guitar.

LOL Borg style like... but rather close
#11June 29th, 2009 · 09:34 AM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
kewl,spicy track...inspires me again to get loose on my equipment.maybe tonight...
#12July 11th, 2009 · 08:04 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
wow
Sneaks up on you this song, nice and intense echos of punk early pink floyd , it's sunday morning so is  excellent wake up coffee companion.
Sizzle beats soft industry stomp .
Most appreciated
Y
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 1:59 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.