#1March 14th, 2006 · 06:45 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Headzone

This song is not in a battle

Noise experimentation... I've decided to put it up here because I took a whole different workflow on the project this is part of and am thinking about getting into this style again...

Good idea, no? Lemme know what you think

and... please don't forget to rate this song - though I've taken it out of the battle

ps. this doesn't feature sampled loops or anything, it's all built from the ground up, hardware only.

here's some additional information: http://forum.bandamp.com/Lyrics_Review/15077.html

for your info this song sounds exactly as intended; yes, overdriven. it's noise... and I've puts lots of effort in there to get all the effects right... please understand this, and that the production quality of this project is, to my own will, pretty much as crisp as I could get it.... thank you for your time....

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 14th, 2006 · 01:21 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Locutus might heard this while he was in Borg collective. But I'm glad that we can talk to each other
#3March 14th, 2006 · 03:31 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
i try being objective, although it is not my cup of teaat all, this music.

However - i can honestly rate this at 80 % .

It is very impressive you have dealt with this song in such a way as to incorporate hardware only. well done, although I prefer MELODY to noise, which is sth you might have duducted by now...

Jim (JBP)
#4March 14th, 2006 · 03:56 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Its nice to know that there are people like you who really do something with music .
You are very special/unique. keep up the good work 
#5March 14th, 2006 · 06:37 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
generally, I find I like the inventive, though underlying techno-groove, "over the top" soundscape interesting, I find the extreme distortion too distracting (although I am aware this was intentional on your part) and thus (IMHO) it detracts from the overall experience. Enjoy the "pacman eating the monsters" sounds (causes me to reminisce about many wasted quarters)
#6March 14th, 2006 · 09:05 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Wow....

Incredible piece of work.....  You always impress....  

Dude....   How.....     I mean.......                 

Check that out!!!!

Ukelele Jim
#7March 15th, 2006 · 02:25 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
thanks all

well I know my music isn't for everybody, but there is quite a philosophy behind this whole noise thing... I mean... daily life is full of buggers... and I mean people who just mindlessly interrupt conversation and talk through everything, changing interesting subjects because their narrow minds can't cope with intellect, and they draw attention to themselves by making ape like sounds and banging with doors and kicking against loose objects, walking around with bent backs like imbeciles for no apparent reason... so I thought, I can do that better. Hence the noise project. I am WAY louder than any moron, and I know DOZENS of many more interesting ways of drawing attention... for no apparent reason, other than "I too have a right to exist".

and I want to make loud sounds. therefore I am.

thank you for your time.
#8March 15th, 2006 · 03:22 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
how about calling it headroom,,,,i can dig what your saying trying to accomplish
but i think if u were more selective with the noise it could be more productive..
otherwise to me its a scene from a movie that includes a chainsaw...
definetly has that px appeal
#9March 20th, 2006 · 01:52 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
thanks guys

OK... as for tune...

I'm so glad people can really appreciate the thought behind this lil tune

some guys really have a keen way of rating it too. like please don't bother to listen any further than the first intentionally distorted beats - don't try to let the soundwaves flush about you or even think past your own thick skull and go down for 10% right away. it's much appreciated. Oh and ofcourse don't share your motivations what if I'd pick up an interesting thought or two...
#10March 27th, 2006 · 09:33 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Very nice to understand there's a sympathetic thought behind this ear-destructing 'lil tune', otherwise I'd ask why copy behavior you disagree with.
This means the song works for it purpose, you'd got me annoyed as the type of people you are describing.

Difference is that now i can turn it softer if i want to, and i do because i don't want a pain in the headzone

As a song i don't find it very musical, that's why i can't rate higher then 80%, , its a good production, and the idea behind it gives it a right of existence.

But you got it right there, you made noise in an interesting way!

Max

btw. I think buzz could be right about the noise, less is more sometimes? And how about calling it 'Headache' ? (sorry, just kiddin here )
#11March 27th, 2006 · 10:39 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
MaxdB wrote…
Very nice to understand there's a sympathetic thought behind this ear-destructing 'lil tune', otherwise I'd ask why copy behavior you disagree with.
This means the song works for it purpose, you'd got me annoyed as the type of people you are describing.

Difference is that now i can turn it softer if i want to, and i do because i don't want a pain in the headzone

As a song i don't find it very musical, that's why i can't rate higher then 80%, , its a good production, and the idea behind it gives it a right of existence.

But you got it right there, you made noise in an interesting way!

Max

btw. I think buzz could be right about the noise, less is more sometimes? And how about calling it 'Headache' ? (sorry, just kiddin here )

well, an experiment is an experiment, is an experiment

reason enough to upload it and see what people think of it... I agree btw that less noise can be more effective, but 1) one of the leads I used on this project was go overly distorted on all parts, without exception and 2) a lame excuse, but this mp3 conversion took away some of the clarity which makes it sound a bit more muddled than the original wav. A marginal difference though, but noticeable.

anyway, thanks for your review, this is the stuff I can work with!
#12March 27th, 2006 · 02:43 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
I feel i must add another comment:good beat ,noise and repeats.
Also: i like the balance.
 This one makes my wanna dance.
#13May 25th, 2006 · 03:06 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
ooohhh aaangst .  this sounds a lot better real loud. made me want to go Kick one of those peaple you were talkin about right in the jimmy. I wished I had more knowledge of  how to write like this, but then i'm just a lowly guitar player  . I gotta give this a pretty good vote for originality of sounds,  and just because I like it.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 3:43 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.