Wordless Hymn

This song is not in a battle

wordless

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 21st, 2009 · 12:17 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very well put together..Warm sound and full of great details...The initial drum's kick feels a bit thumpy when its by it self before it picks up..At 144 and at 340sh it feels the volume picks up but just a tad abruptly like one of your instruments is just a little to loud and wide compared to rest of the others at least to my ears..The song composition is great.Are you using garageband?Man you play a killer violin it opens up such more in  the musical horizon....Nice work looking forward to more..
#3April 21st, 2009 · 12:22 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
I know exactly what you mean about the volume coming up abruptly. It was just one of those little mistakes that I thought about going in and fixing but then decided maybe nobody would notice. And somehow, you guys always notice...

I'll fix it.

Also, I use Ableton Live.

Thanks for the report 
#4April 21st, 2009 · 03:11 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hey Taka do you have any Irish connections, I just feel I'm in the Irish countryside listening to this, it's beautiful.
It has a lovely bright happy vibe to it, smiley faces and all.

Thanks, hope you get time to do some more, you are one great songwriter/musician.

Denis
#5April 21st, 2009 · 12:01 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
ah man great vibe. another amazing piece from you. Im glad your still around. woah man you have 666 posts lol..better watch your back.

yeah i think im picking up an irish vibe too denis 
#6April 21st, 2009 · 12:25 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
75 posts
United States of America
Man this forum gets a lot of action! Always something new! Hard to keep up.
I feel like should be River Dancing on this one.
Kind of waiting for some words to come in there at first before the fiddles. Cool little number.
#7April 21st, 2009 · 02:39 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Wow I really dig this. And gratz @ 666 posts ! Well can't say the tune is suitably anarchic or satanic, but it certainly fits a hedonistic drinking night at the irish pub. Great job!
#8April 23rd, 2009 · 01:07 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Haha, right on puppet. Well I'd like to say I have Irish in my blood... but I don't. It's more of a habit than anything. I would really love to travel to Ireland some day. I've always wanted to. Maybe I could meet some real fiddlers there.

So, I tried to prolong this post as long as possible. But I suppose I can't be at 666 posts forever.

Thanks guys. I've got a revised version now. Might upload it.. not sure.
#9April 26th, 2009 · 02:17 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Upload the new one for sure this is great..
Check your PM
#10September 15th, 2009 · 03:11 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
great to be a wordless hymn

but I am a bit sad about not picking up the guitar via mic from the amp's speaker.
#11September 15th, 2009 · 04:50 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
great to be a wordless hymn

but I am a bit sad about not picking up the guitar via mic from the amp's speaker.

I am too. I would really like to shell out some money for a nice amp. I need to find some money first.

However, I have a couple amps. One is a peavey something that gives off a sound that reminds me of velcro. But it's pretty decent considering that I found it on the side of the road, though I will definitely not be recording with it. On the other hand, there might be some possibilities with this little Roland Micro Cube that I acquired from a friend. It's about 12" by 12" but the sound is surprisingly decent. I've been experimenting with it and I think I might try to record with it.

Anyway, thanks for the review.
#12September 17th, 2009 · 11:17 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
there are some really nice and outstanding fx hardware out there in the music shops. They do a really good job if you send the guitar signal through. And they simulate great amps... Ofcourse there are some very effective software amps. I used a vst amp called "free amp" in that record with PuppetXeno "Enjoy the pure". This is the link http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/4811.html.Pay attention on the fat fuzzy power guitar in the background of the chorus. Originally it is an acoustic with builtin pickups. PX plays it clean from the beginning with a decent detuned sound.
But a real amp is unbeaten at the top of the list. Would like to hear your amp with some different mic positions
#13September 17th, 2009 · 08:33 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
nicely done Taka San.
cool groove and the mood is perfect.The violin is beautiful.
Wow there is a soulful muse in your creations.
Thankyou for sharing
Y
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 5:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.