#1December 25th, 2008 · 04:32 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
The Man (Final)
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 12 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2009-01

(Edit: This song has been entered into the battle and this is our first serious attempt at a song so please rate)
(Edit: http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/7724.html New attmept)
Here it is! The first track to our first album Oh The Pain, and our first "real" recording of a song we wrote. After lots of problems, errors, missing files, and about 3 and a half days, its finally done. Theres a little bit of timing issues, but this was a learning experience for us all.
The Kunadiuns (Craig-14, Connor-13, Kenneth-11, Austin-8 )
Music by Connor and Craig. Lyrics by Craig and Connor.
Credit
Connor- Intro Guitar, Drums, Bass, Backup Vocals, Effects, Editing, Mixing
Craig- Main Guitar, Backup Vocals, Lyrics, Editing, Mixing
Kenneth- Synth/Keyboard
Austin- Vocals

Lyrics:
Enter the chorus
Enter the life
Enter your face oh
enter your strife

Enter your ways for all these days
Never look back at the price you paid

Who do you think you are? (the man the man the man the man)
Where do you think you are? (the man the man the man the man)
What are you doing now? (the man the man the man the man)

Welcome to the unpresenting
the grand unveiling
the huge tormenting

The mascarade of unrelenting
huge preventing and never ending
Welcome to the life of sin
So grab a chair and come on in
I am the man there is no other
Bow down and serve your master grim

(Repeat twice)

Enjoy!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 25th, 2008 · 04:43 PM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
Hehe Sooooo....I'm the first to reply (H)

Ok...the intro...The effects are really cool..making it a bit spooky though..however, i couldn't get a clue about it's relation with the song (which has a totally other admosphere in it).

The double voices are nicely done..actually the whole song is kinda happy, getting in a summer mood lol

Considering your ages and first attempts to make a decent recording I can only encurrage you to continue, i'm sure you will all make huge improvements in short notice, the ingredients are totally there already

Keep[ up this work!!!!

Greetings
Wizzie
#3December 25th, 2008 · 05:12 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Thanks man! Yeah well we tried to make a dark song with bright and happy chords and melody. It creates a sort of contradictory mood which we were trying to achieve. Sure its weird as heck but at least its original. lol

Thanks for your listen! Expect another song to be uploaded within the next couple days!

Also we are trying to encourage lots of people to listen to our stuff so we really appreciate you taking a listen.
#4December 26th, 2008 · 11:28 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Finally finished the song
   Next song coming really soon - Oh the Pain
#5December 26th, 2008 · 06:10 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: The Man (Final)
HEY KUNADIAN............... Youre a BAND!!!!
This is Great!!!!!!!!!!!Live + electro start..............very nice .........
Tight live sound with backing vocs .........very cool......Great Structure to the song ..........it hangs well......
Gets top hot vote from me!!!!!!!!!
Well done ,,,,,,,,,,,,MORE!!!!!
Yes more in 2009 please
So Happy 2 hear this Fish...........enjoy the amp
#6December 26th, 2008 · 06:18 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
8 posts
United States of America
Wow! Amazing track you guys.

I'm really digging the contradicting elements in the song, gives is versatility. I particularly like the lyrics as well.

Producing music such as this at your age is most impressive, if only I started earlier  , oh well.
I hope to hear more from you!
#7December 27th, 2008 · 02:55 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Thanks you guys. we really appreciate you taking the time to listen and review the song.

Lots more to come, and this is just the start. Too bad we didnt have as much time as we thought we did. (Connor and Austin are visiting from Canada and will be leaving in about 4 days.)

Thanks again!
#8December 28th, 2008 · 04:06 AM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
I enjoyed listening to this song, even though the drums was totally out of time. Haha, very nice production of this song. Just practice it over and over again, so it would sound even better!
#9December 28th, 2008 · 05:16 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Wow really nice! I especially like the chorus bit with "the man, the man, the man, the man" in there. Gives it a vibe that makes me think of The Stranglers and their contemporaries.

Recording and mixing wise you've seriously done a great job. Not a whole lot of people manage to pull that off alone! I like the songwriting, the lyrics are ok and performance wise is really good too. Top marks, so keep at it as you'll only get better over time!
#10December 28th, 2008 · 09:10 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
52 posts
Germany
finally
yep, i can relate to that one. its advanced magic. strange, experimental, yes, but also a well thought about approach. it also combines various styles. this kind of singing is rare ... is this you? sounds like a child, this is heared seldom, but it works. gets a energy plus.
#11December 29th, 2008 · 10:30 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Hey thanks everyone for your reviews. This is very helpful to us. No its not me singing, its my little cousin Austin ( 8 years old). The backup vocals are me and my other cousin Connor.

Yes the mixing was a very hard challenge, but I am so happy with the way it turned out.
The timing and possibly lyrics need work, but we wanted to finish at least this one song.

I would like to classify this as rock, but it is exploding in so many different directions in strange and experimental things...I am not even sure...

Thanks for the reviews and listens, we will probably try again with this song in the future, but for now...enjoy or else

lol
#12December 31st, 2008 · 04:21 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Hi...Yeah there is a timing issue. I do like the music flow..it is catchy...not bad at all you guys..keep on practicing..your only going to get better...

Flyer

Nice rating
#13January 1st, 2009 · 01:45 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Thanks man!
Yup, we are totally gonna continue practicing and get better and better (i hope)

Thanks for rating!
#14January 1st, 2009 · 03:27 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
I really like the energy you create here and I like the bouncy tune. If you're recording on to separate channels you might like to consider panning (for example) the guitar and the backing vocals away fom the centre to widen the mix. Maybe you could bring your original synth sound back in for the last chorus to tie everything up?

Just suggestions. Anyway, well done for a really catchy song

Carl
#15January 1st, 2009 · 10:34 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Thanks for listening and reviewing carl!
I was actually thinking about bringing the synth back in the end, but in the end we didn't have enough time.

I suppose we might do this song again, and make it really really good.

Thank you all for your listens and reviews, and I am glad you like it.
We always appreciate reviews and listens so keep em coming.

Thanks
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 9:03 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.