1 2
#16October 28th, 2008 · 12:25 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Wow - really impressive!

If I cover a song I am always going a completely different direction from the original, but I agree with all that's been said before, you sure learn a lot from arranging your cover in the same overall feel that the original has.

And you've done a great job at that!

That vocal backing really blew my mind! It's a great performance overall!

Well done !
#17November 9th, 2008 · 03:08 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
This is f'n Sweet! I love Floyd number 1, Number 2 you did an excellent job!  What can i say! This is one for the playlist! Top rated!
#18November 9th, 2008 · 09:38 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
man I listened to this again today and wow ,.you did an amazing job on this.
#19November 10th, 2008 · 11:00 AM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Sounds great. Don't really like pink floyd, but this is a good interpretation!

@Triton: Do you always ask the template questions? You are supposed to review...
#20January 16th, 2010 · 05:28 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
Just going through and listening to some of you're stuff...

the most impressive thing about this to me is the harm vocals (at the end they go everywhere... but in perfect time with each other! how? please help me!)

I can't tell you how many times I've sang this and played the solo (ditto Comfortably Numb)...

...good man...

Dave Gilmour was a genius at double-tracking his vox... and so are you....

please, just point me in the right direction on this... yeah, the lead vocal was weak, but the harmonies were pro all the way...
help us
#21January 16th, 2010 · 06:34 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
you make a good point here levee....double tracking vox is something that could really be a benefit to all of us. i sure want to master it!
#22January 21st, 2010 · 12:46 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
leVee, thanks for listening in the first place.  You're comments have brought me back to the BandAmp site, somewhere I've not visited for a long time it seems!

And thanks for the positive comments too - as far as the vocal harmonies are concerned, well I still really feel that I'm learning to sort this out to my satisfaction!  But, there are a few things that help: 
     know the song backwards, forwards, and sideways;
     practice, practice, and practice a bit more
     do multiple recordings and select the best,
Also, I use a few tricks within the software to sort out the small timing issues (such as making sure the samples start at the same time, and then do a very quick fade in if one track still sounds messy).
Despite the above, I often think my vocals sound sloppy.
Cheers
Jim A
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 1:40 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.